Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: What was the worst thing you did as a child?

What was the worst thing you did as a child? 2 months 2 weeks ago #3359902

• MondayOptimist
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 370
  • Honor Medal 2010
When I was nine or ten years old, my grandmother flew to Texas to visit some of her grandchildren.
While out there, she was in an auto accident and broke her leg.

Everyone was at my aunt's house waiting for her to return. There was a large, wooden wheelchair in the front yard.

I sat down, pulled up both the heavy wooden leg rests, then began rolling backward down the hill, heading straight for the side of a neighbor's car. I reached out and grabbed a tree, missing the car by a few feet.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Sirfurryanimal, Bessie

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Passive- aggressive behavior - Manipulative and deceptive aggression. Nothing passive about it.
Last edit: by MondayOptimist.

What was the worst thing you did as a child? 1 month 4 days ago #3386311

• Lucian
  • Junior Buzzer
  • Junior Buzzer
  • Well said received: 36
I nearly fell for this thread. I started to think about all the really naughty stuff I did as a child with a fairly tight gang of kids in a slum area of London . We were truly prolific in our antics and some how seemed to get away with it for most of the time. I can not tell you about the really bad stuff but here goes on the not so bad stuff !.

We were surrounding by factories of all different products . The Mc Vities chocolate factory, Rolls Royce cars Hythe Rd London KIGU`s where my grandmother worked with her four sisters. A Sawdust Factory ! whatever that was for I dont know . My estate bordered two cemeteries and the Grand Union Canal . This was our playground . Born in 1958 and very close the Willesden Railway marshalling yards the area was bombed to smithereens in the second World War, the area was surrounded by bombed out houses.One pastime was to enter these bombed out houses and dismantle them knock walls and staircases out . It was like a training school for would be demolition engineers.

My best friend at the time, aged 10 was Patrick Lyons , I went off on a summer holiday with my grandparents and when I came back he had died, electrocuted on the railway lines. I always knew that if I had not been away I would have been with him and always thought I would have stopped it happening. It took me years to get over that and it really effected my performance at school and how I behaved.

We broke into all of these factories and took whatever was of value......value to us and this was from age 10 . I left that area when I was 12 and moved into a council estate ( social housing / projects in the USA ) , East Acton right next to the Wormwood Scrubs prison and the London Central Line station. It was hard moving to that area that had a strong gang culture ( The East Acton Mafia ! ) a grand title for petty thieves and hooligans. I never got involved but was a target for attention and was often involved in fights with the local thugs.

Lovely memories lol.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Sirfurryanimal, Bessie

What was the worst thing you did as a child? 1 month 2 days ago #3387503

• Bessie
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 424
  • Honor Medal 2010
Locked my sister in the shed and never told my mom where she'd got to. must say neither of them was too pleased ! :lol: :lol:
The following user(s) said Well Said: Sirfurryanimal

Life's Too Short To Be Serious!!

What was the worst thing you did as a child? 1 month 1 day ago #3387948

• Blackbird
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Im too ashamed to say!:blush:

What was the worst thing you did as a child? 4 weeks 2 days ago #3389395

• William 58
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Well said received: 114
While playing baseball in the street with some friends (even though we had been told not to) I hit a line drive through the living room picture window of a house several houses down the street. Punishment was swift and unpleasant. We never played baseball in the street again.

“In the days of my youth, I was told what it means to be a man / Now I've reached that age, I've tried to do all those things the best I can.”

(Jimmy Page, Robert Plant, John Paul Jones & John Bonham)

What was the worst thing you did as a child? 2 weeks 5 days ago #3395534

• romulus1200
  • New Buzzer
  • New Buzzer
  • Well said received: 3
About 5 years old I was playing in a wooded copse with a friend and jumped over a wall surrounding the little wood and knocked over a bee hive,
Baggy short trousers and short sleeve shirts, we were stung all over - and I mean "all over", including my little tender bits and in my ears, nose and mouth.
We ran home screaming with the bee's attacking us. our mum's covered us in the "fixall" of the time, Calamine lotion and whipped us off to hospital, no family cars at that time so it was a bus journey with the pair of us wrapped in blankets looking like a pair of pale pink swollen piglets
The following user(s) said Well Said: Sirfurryanimal, T65KBK

Last edit: by romulus1200.

What was the worst thing you did as a child? 2 weeks 5 days ago #3395541

• T65KBK
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 6362
  • Honor Medal 2010
I emptied a whole crate of milk into a wash basin at school and had a wash in it because I'd read it did the complexion good ... it didn't ... just smelled rancid lol
The following user(s) said Well Said: Sirfurryanimal, Meeooow, Bruce

Last edit: by T65KBK.

What was the worst thing you did as a child? 2 weeks 5 days ago #3395881

• PJ54
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Well said received: 256
Way way to much to write down ☺ but I'm a good girl now lol

What was the worst thing you did as a child? 2 weeks 5 days ago #3395896

• romulus1200
  • New Buzzer
  • New Buzzer
  • Well said received: 3
come on, give us a clue

What was the worst thing you did as a child? 2 weeks 4 days ago #3395986

• PJ54
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Well said received: 256
All I'm going to say Romulus is do you remember there was always a gang of bad girls at school? Lol

Moderators: pascaloumike
Time to create page: 0.102 seconds