Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Chat about the Chat Rooms. We have the best chat rooms for over 50s seniors on the internet and now with free video chat

TOPIC: Chatrooms 101

Chatrooms 101 4 months 3 weeks ago #3488372

• Rips
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 2037
  • Honor Medal 2010

Pats wrote: Rips.

Maybe if you stayed a little longer some one would have come in and joined you for a chat.smile.png

I have been sitting lounge chat No luck !
Just one chatter came in and shot straight out without a hi or bye ...I said hi ...
Charming.
Pointless
Last edit: by Rips.
The topic has been locked.

Chatrooms 101 4 months 3 weeks ago #3488379

• shrubby
  • Expert Buzzer
  • Expert Buzzer
  • Well said received: 468
  • Honor Medal 2010
Hello Rips

It does depend a lot on the time of day as the site being International there are time zones varying up to 11 hours I'm sure if you try a differen time of day you will notice the difference Happy chatting
The following user(s) said Well Said: Rips

Chatrooms 101 4 months 3 weeks ago #3488390

• Aviara
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Well said received: 636
  • Honor Medal 2010
HI Rips :)

So glad to hear you tried chat ... I know a lot of ppl (especially new to chat) find the empty rooms frustrating and leave, never to return :S nobody wants to sit in an empty room for very long....

Timing really is everything....being in Canada and 5 hrs behind UK, I rarely find anyone in the chat rooms during your afternoon....usually by early UK evgs and onwards there are more people in the rooms. And btw, don’t let ppl who ‘shoot in and out’ with no hi, put you off....yes it’s rude, but it does happen.....however there are wonderful chatters about so I hope you give the chat rooms another try :)
The following user(s) said Well Said: brenda555, Lightyear

Chatrooms 101 4 months 3 weeks ago #3488579

• brenda555
  • New Buzzer
  • New Buzzer
  • Well said received: 37
  • Honor Medal 2010
Chat rooms vary from time to time and depending on time zones as Aviara said
Some of us meet up in the lounge most evening not so many during the day
but as i said it does vary

It can be a bit disappointing empty rooms but there are some nice people to be found in chat

Chatrooms 101 4 months 3 weeks ago #3488940

• brenda555
  • New Buzzer
  • New Buzzer
  • Well said received: 37
  • Honor Medal 2010
Seems this have gone a bit of thread ie "lurkers"
It is a difficult one some just want to look some just dont want to talk to certain people
in the room !!!

When we had a list of who's who in all the room it was easy to decide which room you
wanted to go to (to meet friends) However we don't have that now so can understand
people popping in and out various rooms it happens all the time in the lounge.
People just sitting there and not speaking I don't understand and it would appear to
be rude to people especially new chatters.

Lots of opinions on this matter and I think you have to decide for yourself and be
patient !!!!!!!!

Chatrooms 101 4 months 3 weeks ago #3488974

• Lightyear
  • Away
  • New Buzzer
  • New Buzzer
  • Well said received: 20
  • Honor Medal 2010
A good point you make about "Lurkers". For myself, I try to say hello to everyone, but unfortunately there are those who "for whatever reason", choose to ignore people, yet make a point of saying hello to the chosen ones - which I find extremely rude, and would put new buzzers off from returning to the site.
I know people can't get on with everybody, but a "Hello" is not a proposition from Lichtenschein - just common courtesy.
I will continue to say hello even without any response.
Last edit: by Pats. Reason: Passive aggressive comment removed.

Chatrooms 101 4 months 3 weeks ago #3489007

• Pats
  • Admin
  • Admin
  • Well said received: 4786
  • Honor Medal 2010
I am locking this thread now as it is clearly ‘under the radar targeting’ of fellow Buzzers which is unacceptable and some posts have been edited or removed for this reason.

All members should keep abreast of the rules periodically as we do amend or add if circumstances warrant it.

8. Inhospitable chatters who persist in sitting in the rooms while showing active ignoring fellow chatters will be banned for 2 days.
(rule added 27/06/2020]
Happy to help.
Last edit: by Pats.
Moderators: Patsmikesmilesrus10Pascalou
Time to create page: 0.087 seconds