Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Chat about the Chat Rooms. We have the best chat rooms for over 50s seniors on the internet and now with free video chat

TOPIC: Chatrooms 101

Chatrooms 101 4 months 3 weeks ago #3487998

• scorpionlady
  • New Buzzer
  • New Buzzer
  • Well said received: 0
  • Honor Medal 2010
I often sit quietly in a chat room and chat to a group of friends within buzz. We usuallly use the BBB room. None of us are interested in playing bingo or joining the quizzes. Unfortunately they are advertised in all rooms and can be very annoying. If new people come into the room we tell them if bingo or a quiz is on and direct them to the correct room. The posters should only be on the home page in my opinion. Please also note that in the Rules in Spare Room number 4 states "4. No soliciting or advertising is permitted in chatrooms". If this rule is correct then why are the posters permitted. Is it one rule of some and another rule for others?
Last edit: by scorpionlady.
The topic has been locked.

Chatrooms 101 4 months 3 weeks ago #3487999

• MoonlitRoads63
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1043
  • Honor Medal 2010

scorpionlady wrote: I often sit quietly in a chat room and chat to a group of friends within buzz. We usuallly use the BBB room. None of us are interested in playing bingo or joining the quizzes. Unfortunately they are advertised in all rooms and can be very annoying. If new people come into the room we tell them if bingo or a quiz is on and direct them to the correct room. The posters should only be on the home page in my opinion. Please also note that in the Rules in Spare Room number 4 states "4. No soliciting or advertising is permitted in chatrooms". If this rule is correct then why are the posters permitted. Is it one rule of some and another rule for others?

I suspect that refers to advertising from external sources. I'm pretty sure that this site is permitted to promote its own activities in house.
Time waits for no one...
...and it won't wait for me

Chatrooms 101 4 months 3 weeks ago #3488049

• Dee Dee
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Well said received: 309
  • Honor Medal 2010
i have wondered how the chat rooms worked and considered joining,
my worry was....will i find anything interesting to chat about wink.png
however, after reading thru the earlier posts i might not bother...:laugh:
Before you judge me make sure you're perfect
Last edit: by Dee Dee.

Chatrooms 101 4 months 3 weeks ago #3488089

• shrubby
  • Expert Buzzer
  • Expert Buzzer
  • Well said received: 468
  • Honor Medal 2010
DeeDee why not visit the Chat Rooms for yourself and see how you like it I've been there every day for 10 years and like everything has it's ups and down but the best way is to make your own judgement
The following user(s) said Well Said: Dee Dee

Chatrooms 101 4 months 3 weeks ago #3488091

• Pats
  • Admin
  • Admin
  • Well said received: 4786
  • Honor Medal 2010

scorpionlady wrote: I often sit quietly in a chat room and chat to a group of friends within buzz. We usuallly use the BBB room. None of us are interested in playing bingo or joining the quizzes. Unfortunately they are advertised in all rooms and can be very annoying. If new people come into the room we tell them if bingo or a quiz is on and direct them to the correct room. The posters should only be on the home page in my opinion. Please also note that in the Rules in Spare Room number 4 states "4. No soliciting or advertising is permitted in chatrooms". If this rule is correct then why are the posters permitted. Is it one rule of some and another rule for others?

Posters in the Chat rooms promoting a Quiz that is taking place in the Chat rooms is not 'advertising'
It is promoting an upcoming event to inform chatters.
Happy to help.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Lightyear

Chatrooms 101 4 months 3 weeks ago #3488276

• Dee Dee
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Well said received: 309
  • Honor Medal 2010

shrubby wrote: DeeDee why not visit the Chat Rooms for yourself and see how you like it I've been there every day for 10 years and like everything has it's ups and down but the best way is to make your own judgement

Thank u kind shrubby, u are quite right smile.png
Before you judge me make sure you're perfect

Chatrooms 101 4 months 3 weeks ago #3488278

• Rips
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 2037
  • Honor Medal 2010
A couple weeks ago I thought give Chat a try ..
The ooms I went in were empty except one person ...Me :lol:

Chatrooms 101 4 months 3 weeks ago #3488355

• Lightyear
  • Away
  • New Buzzer
  • New Buzzer
  • Well said received: 20
  • Honor Medal 2010
Rips - depends what time of day your in the rooms. Usually Lounge has people in during the morning and evening - also Happy room is pretty full most evenings as well as times when Quiz and bingo takes place. Others find little niches for themselves and tend to stay there. I would urge you to give it another try - you would always be made welcome in the Happy room of an evening.

Chatrooms 101 4 months 3 weeks ago #3488365

• Rips
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 2037
  • Honor Medal 2010

Lightyear wrote: Rips - depends what time of day your in the rooms. Usually Lounge has people in during the morning and evening - also Happy room is pretty full most evenings as well as times when Quiz and bingo takes place. Others find little niches for themselves and tend to stay there. I would urge you to give it another try - you would always be made welcome in the Happy room of an evening.

Hello I’ve just carried another Chatroom checkout All empty now 1,26pm U.K. time :unsure:
Errr that’s not absolutely true there were 2 chatting but they quickly disappeared !

Chatrooms 101 4 months 3 weeks ago #3488369

• Pats
  • Admin
  • Admin
  • Well said received: 4786
  • Honor Medal 2010
Rips.

Maybe if you stayed a little longer some one would have come in and joined you for a chat.smile.png
Happy to help.
Moderators: Patsmikesmilesrus10Pascalou
Time to create page: 0.098 seconds