anyone interested in this?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

deafness and hearing impaired 7 months 1 week ago #3762237

• Hoot N Annie
  • Expert Buzzer
  • Expert Buzzer
  • Well said received: 135
  • Honor Medal 2010
Got my first hearing aids about 7 years ago. I'm now on my 3rd or 4th pair. Day to day conversations are becoming an issue, as are phone calls. Some of the hearing loss is just age - I'm 75 - and some can be attributed to the 8 years I worked in a large steel foundry without hearing protection.

Of course, Mom blamed it on that loud rock and roll music I used to listen to...

deafness and hearing impaired 7 months 1 week ago #3762250

• sciguy18
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 954
  • Honor Medal 2010

Hoot N Annie wrote: Got my first hearing aids about 7 years ago. I'm now on my 3rd or 4th pair. Day to day conversations are becoming an issue, as are phone calls. Some of the hearing loss is just age - I'm 75 - and some can be attributed to the 8 years I worked in a large steel foundry without hearing protection.

Of course, Mom blamed it on that loud rock and roll music I used to listen to...

There was no such thing as worker safety back in the old days...

deafness and hearing impaired 7 months 1 week ago #3762298

• Keeper
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1285
  • Honor Medal 2010
Hubby wears 2 hearing aids, bless him, but now he doesn't like music, and I love it. To him it is just horrid vibrations. :(

PEACE to the world

deafness and hearing impaired 7 months 1 week ago #3762333

• AntiqueLace1
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I have a slight hearing loss in my left ear, when it would come the time for a hearing
aide I will willingly get one.

deafness and hearing impaired 7 months 1 week ago #3762483

• GerryM
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 334
  • Honor Medal 2010

Keeper wrote: Hubby wears 2 hearing aids, bless him, but now he doesn't like music, and I love it. To him it is just horrid vibrations. :(

Have him tested to see if Bone Amplified Head phones would be useful. I have a pair called AfterShox. They are bluetooth and the sound come in perfectly.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Keeper

deafness and hearing impaired 7 months 1 week ago #3762512

• Traveler
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
For those, like me, who have trouble hearing what people are saying on the TV/DVD's etc., may I suggest that in addition to closed captioning AND headphones, you can also get a HEADPHONE AMPLIFIER.
Until recently, I had never heard of them. I just bought one and WOW , what a difference. I must be careful though, so I don't further damage my ears,
Easy to hook up. You merely plug in the headphone wire into the TV headphone jack and run that wire to the headphone amplifier. Then out to your headphone set.

deafness and hearing impaired 7 months 1 week ago #3762540

• Maryjoolz
  • Senior Buzzer
  • Senior Buzzer
  • Well said received: 28
  • Honor Medal 2010
i wear digital hearing aids and have done for years although i can hear without them as long as you are facing me , otherwise it just comes out as mumbling . funny story that happened just the other morning , i keep a spare one on my bedside table for breakfast TV , i take it out when going in the shower then go downstairs and use my very up to date one which is always downstairs ..well this particular morning my husband told me he had upset my left over coffee on my bedside table but he had cleared it all up .i said did it go on my hearing aid ,he said he didnt notice .. so i went upstairs to look and no aid i then called him up and asked him what he had mopped the coffee up with and he said toilet roll ,i said do you think you might have mopped up my aid inadvertantly and the answer was oh dear yes i might have , so of course its been flushed down the loo .. grrr
and there is a long waiting list at my local Audiology Hosp ..
The following user(s) said Well Said: Keeper

deafness and hearing impaired 7 months 1 week ago #3762550

• Woody
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 912
  • Honor Medal 2010
My sis was born hearing impaired. God didn’t quite finish the job but, she a physician so……A winner.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Maryjoolz, Keeper

4-24-41 to 8-20-22 RIP Mom.

deafness and hearing impaired 7 months 1 week ago #3762602

• Keeper
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1285
  • Honor Medal 2010

GerryM wrote:

Keeper wrote: Hubby wears 2 hearing aids, bless him, but now he doesn't like music, and I love it. To him it is just horrid vibrations. :(

Have him tested to see if Bone Amplified Head phones would be useful. I have a pair called AfterShox. They are bluetooth and the sound come in perfectly.

Thank you Gerry, but cannot get an audio clinic appointment here at this time............Covid!

PEACE to the world
  • Page:
Moderators: mikePatsMoonlitRoads63
Time to create page: 0.065 seconds