Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: THE DAY IT WOULD HAPPEN! ongoing story telling for all members.

THE DAY IT WOULD HAPPEN! ongoing story telling for all members. 1 month 17 hours ago #3528404

• Serena77
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 5567
  • Honor Medal 2010

Cherie wrote: Angelique and Jean will miss their friends Anna and Pierre.
"We better hurry if we don't want to miss Anna and Pierre's departure'
"I'm ready when you are" said Jean.
Together they walked out the door, the 4 guards right behind.
they arrived at Anna's door. Jean knocked and Pierre opened the door.
Anna, Pierre and Skip were dressed and ready to go.

The ladies hugged and kissed each other on the cheeks, both teary eyed.
"We will meet again in a few days," said Angelique.
Have a safe trip and take care of yourselves all of you, until we meet again.
Jean gave Anna a hug and kiss and wished them all well.
Pierre gave Angelique a hug and kiss on the cheek.
"Don't forget the fashion show Anna, We need you.
be safe all of you. Pierre please take good care of Anna."

Jean and Angelique left with the guards.

I am just misty-eyed as I hug and kiss Angelique and Jean goodbye, I control my emotions
with deep breathes. "You will see me very soon, Angie and Jean!"

Pierre comes closer, and puts his arm around my shoulder and says protecively,
"I will watch her closely, don't worry!" Skip nods his assent and says,
"Certainly, we shall look after Anastasia!"

Everyone is solomn. Then, I want to inject a little humor and exclaim, "Oh, I did wear
your expressly chosen cute (sexy) uniform underneath this more practical one! Thanks.
Angelique for choosing it!" Then with a flourish, I do the model 'strut and spin' that
Angelique has spend hours teaching me.

Everyone is surprised at my spontaneity..... I take an exaggerated bow and curtsy and
the group erupts in laughter.

After we settle down, it's time to go. One last look at our friends and we are on our way
to fulfill our remarkable mission.
"money buys everything,
but ............common sense."
The following user(s) said Well Said: Cherie, ElizaK, Mawai, William 58, AntiqueLace1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Serena77.

THE DAY IT WOULD HAPPEN! ongoing story telling for all members. 1 month 13 hours ago #3528418

• William 58
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 3098
  • Honor Medal 2010
I awoke to the sound of an ambulance siren approaching the Hotel. It seemed like only seconds since I had sat down on the edge of the bed next to River. I checked my cell phone and it had been ten minutes. Still, that was pretty quick. The siren also woke up River. She sat up quickly and exclaimed, "Hawk? Hawk!" What is going on?" I wrapped my arms around her and answered, "It's okay my love. You passed out, and the doctor sent for an Ultrasound machine to check on the babies. You are fine and I'm sure the babies will be as well."

I felt River relax in my arms. I kissed her cheek as a knock sounded on the door. I told her, "I'm not leaving you. I'm just letting the doctor and the EMTs into the Suite." Still, as I pulled away she looked at me with fear in her eyes. I opened the door and let the doctor and two EMTs, who were pushing the mobile 3D Fetal Ultrasound Machine, into the Suite. They came right up to the side of our bed. I told River, "Okay, just relax now. I'm going to unbutton the three bottom buttons of your shirt so the doctor can perform the Ultrasound." River looked at me and nodded. I proceeded to do what I told River I would do.

The doctor said to River, "I'm going to spread some gel on your abdomen to help the machine see how the babies are doing in your uterus. The gel may feel quite cold. Okay?" Once again River nodded. She reached out one hand to me and I held it in mine. The doctor began the procedure, applying the gel to her abdomen, and then gliding a stethoscope like monitoring device slowly over the gelled area. The Ultrasound machine had a black and white monitor, on which River and I could barely make out the three fetuses, The machine also had an internal printer, which spit out the procedure results in a cascading sheet of paper all the way to the floor. I was very nervous, and I knew River was also, because she was trying to crush my hand.

After what seemed like an eternity, the doctor removed the receiving device from River's abdomen, and wiped the remaining jell off with moist anti-bacterial wipes. I buttoned up River's shirt and we both looked at the doctor. "Well?" I asked, more harshly then I had intended. He tore the printout from the machine and quickly scanned the data. He said, "From what I observed on the screen, and from the data on this printout, the fetuses are fine. All vital signs are normal, and they appear to be the proper size for the current gestation period."

River and I were elated. I looked up to the ceiling and mouthed "Thank you God." Then I sat back down on the edge of the bed and held River tightly. Tears of joy ran down both our faces. I pulled away from River and turned to the doctor. I said, "Thank you. Thank you for everything." I offered my hand to him and he shook it. Then he looked at River and I and said, "Now listen to me. This is very important. You two are not to leave this Suite for the next five days. Do you understand?" "Yes," we said in unison. "I will be back in five days to check up on all of you," the doctor finished. "Thank you again," I said, and the doctor and the EMTs took the Ultrasound machine and left the Suite, leaving River, I , and the babies to settle in.
“In the days of my youth, I was told what it means to be a man / Now I've reached that age, I've tried to do all those things the best I can.”

(Jimmy Page, Robert Plant, John Paul Jones & John Bonham)
The following user(s) said Well Said: Serena77, Cherie, ElizaK, Mawai, AntiqueLace1

THE DAY IT WOULD HAPPEN! ongoing story telling for all members. 1 month 7 hours ago #3528543

• ElizaK
  • Expert Buzzer
  • Expert Buzzer
  • Well said received: 683
  • Honor Medal 2010
River was relieved that the babies were ok. It looked like Hawk was in more trouble physically than her. She was worried about all the stress he had undergone. Five days seem like an eternity. River was not one to let the grass grow beneath her feet...how would she pass the time? Then she had a brilliant idea...she would take up her painting again! Oh how she loved to paint...she could set her easel out on the terrace! And Hawk could get his guitar! Oh what a lovely thought!

She told Hawk what she thought. He immediately called an art supply store to have everything she needed delivered in the morning. She couldn’t wait to paint while he played...what inspiration. Her two loves together... music and art .
Yesterday was, tomorrow isn’t...be today
The following user(s) said Well Said: Serena77, Cherie, Mawai, William 58, AntiqueLace1

Last edit: by ElizaK.

THE DAY IT WOULD HAPPEN! ongoing story telling for all members. 1 month 3 hours ago #3528660

• Cherie
  • Expert Buzzer
  • Expert Buzzer
  • Well said received: 618
  • Honor Medal 2010
Angelique and Jean heard about River and Hawk .
Angelique called River and asked if they could come and visit the next day.
River replied , yes certainly they would be happy to see their new friends , since they had to
Stay in their suite for the next 5 days.

Next morning Angelique and Jean dropped by the florist and picked up a bouquet
Of flowers and several bottles of champagne , from the liquor store .

When they arrived at River’s and Hawk’s hotel suite, Hawk opened the door.
They all greeted each other , they were just happy to see familiar faces.
They thanked Angelique and Jean for the gifts .
Angelique told them about Anastasia and Pierre and Skip.
They left last night on their mission and asked Angelique to say goodbye .
They really didn’t have time to call all their friends.
River and Hawk wished them a safe trip, and asked Angelique to keep them posted.
Jean replied of course they would.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Well Said: Serena77, ElizaK, Mawai, William 58, AntiqueLace1

Last edit: by Cherie.

THE DAY IT WOULD HAPPEN! ongoing story telling for all members. 1 month 18 minutes ago #3528708

• William 58
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Honor Medal 2010
River had taken some beautiful photos at the Georgiadis Park yesterday. She was looking through them on her cell phone while we waited for the delivery from the Art Supply Store. Once the art supplies arrived, River would use the Sketch book to sketch out in pencil the nature scene she had chosen from her photos. Once the sketch was done, she would set up her easel and paints to paint the scene from the pencil sketch. As River was right handed, it was very fortunate that she had broken her left wrist, and not her right one.

It was amazing to me. This woman, whose body and mind were almost always in constant forward motion, who was uncomfortable being stagnant in most areas of life, could settle completely in to her art, and have the concentration and patience to create an amazing piece of art from start to finish. She had shown me a few photos of some of her paintings. They were magnificent. I could picture them hanging on the walls in our home one day. Hopefully soon.

Tomorrow, River's contact from the CIA would be here to debrief us both. and to officially relieve River of her duties to America. That could not happen soon enough. Until then, I would stay alert, with River's loaded handgun within quick and easy reach.
There was a knock on the Honeymoon Suite door. I went to the door and said "Yes?" One of the two Russian guards answered, "Mr. Kristiansen. There is a delivery man out here from an Art Supply Store. We have searched him and the contents of his delivery. All seems safe." "Thank you," I replied and opened the door. The deliveryman handed me a large black bag and several tubes of rolled up canvas. He nodded his thanks to me and left on his way. I thanked the guards again and closed the door behind me.

As I turned to give River her supplies, there she was, right in front of me. She kissed me while glowing with excitement. She could not wait to get started. She returned to the bed, sat up against the headboard and opened the sketchbook. I went to the closet and pulled out my acoustic guitar I would sit at the foot of the bed and strum some beautiful melodies for River as she sketched..

Tomorrow, River's CIA contact would be arriving here to debrief both of us, and to officially relieve River of her duties to America. That could not happen soon enough. Until then, I would remain on high alert, with River's loaded handgun within quick and easy reach.
“In the days of my youth, I was told what it means to be a man / Now I've reached that age, I've tried to do all those things the best I can.”

The following user(s) said Well Said: Serena77, Cherie, ElizaK, Mawai, AntiqueLace1

THE DAY IT WOULD HAPPEN! ongoing story telling for all members. 4 weeks 1 day ago #3528767

• ElizaK
  • Expert Buzzer
  • Expert Buzzer
  • Well said received: 683
  • Honor Medal 2010
River and Hawk were enjoying the confinement. The day was made even better with an unexpected visit from Angelique and Jean. River was excited to have a glass of champagne...only one of course. Angelique had also brought some lovely chocolates...she knew River loved them. Hawk and Jean share music interest and talked while the girls visited. It was as if Angelique was a big sister. River thought it sweet that Anastasia and Pierre also sent their well wishes. River was happy to hear of the upcoming fashion show and promised to watch on tele.

River was tired. After the couple left, she and Hawk retired. Every night on their honeymoon had been magic...this was no exception.
Yesterday was, tomorrow isn’t...be today
The following user(s) said Well Said: Serena77, Cherie, Mawai, William 58, AntiqueLace1

Last edit: by ElizaK.

THE DAY IT WOULD HAPPEN! ongoing story telling for all members. 4 weeks 1 day ago #3529113

• William 58
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Honor Medal 2010
Before the visit from Angelique and Jean the previous evening, River had completed her water color painting of an area of the Botanical Garden in Georgiadis Park. She had worked straight through; from the photo to the pencil sketch to the painting. It took quite a few hours to complete, and I played my acoustic guitar for River as she worked on her creation. When she finally finished, the painting was magnificent. She had revealed it to our guests, and they were amazed at its splendid beauty. Angelique took several photos of the painting to show to Anastasia and Pierre.

This morning we had slept in, had a delicious breakfast on the Terrace Patio, and were now awaiting for the arrival of "Mr. Tom Jones," River's CIA contact. We were still enjoying the lovely late morning weather from the Patio when there came a knock on the door. River and I looked at each other. "This is it," I uttered. River looked at me and nodded. She was clearly a bit nervous. I helped her to her feet and together we walked to the door of the Suite, standing off to one side.

"Yes?" I said to the door. On the other side one of the two Russian guards answered. "Mr. Kristiansen. There is a Mr. Tom Jones here to see you and Mrs. Kristiansen. We have searched him and the contents of his briefcase. We have confiscated two handguns. One from his body holster and one from the briefcase. All seems safe now." "Thank you," I answered. Then River took over.

"Mr. Jones," she said to the still closed door. "Do you know the assigned codeword?" "Yes," he answered. "It is Xanadu." "That's correct," said River. "And my assigned codeword is Cygnus." "That also is correct," said Mr. Jones through the door. Before I opened the door, I pulled River's handgun out from it's hiding spot against the small of my back, and held it ready in my right hand. I unlocked the door and River and I stepped back several paces from it. I told the guard he could open the door and let Mr. Jones enter. The guard did as told. The door swung inward and Mr. Jones entered. He was dressed like the alien hunting agents from the movie "Men In Black." I'm not sure what I expected, but it certainly was not that.

Ignoring formalities, Mr. Jones simply nodded at River and I, and we ushered him to the dining room table where we all sat down. I laid my right hand on the table with River's loaded handgun still in it. Mr. Jones paid it no mind. He place his briefcase on his lap, opened it, and brought out a small digital recording device. He turned it on and the debriefing began.

Over the next hour, Mr. Jones took and provided information. He had River sign several documents, which he provided copies of to River. Then he put the signed documents and the recording device back into his briefcase and stood up. This time he extended his right hand towards River and said, "Thank you Mrs. Kristiansen for your service to the United States of America. Your activities have been essential to the security of our country." River shook his hand and Mr. Jones turned and headed towards the Suite's exit. River stayed seated at the table while I followed the agent to the door. I let him out and closed and locked the door behind him.

I walked back to River and kissed her gently. "Well,' I said "you're free at last. Hopefully this will be the end of hostilities towards our family." River smiled half heartedly, and did not look as convinced of our new situation as I was. That made me uneasy.

Attachments:

THE DAY IT WOULD HAPPEN! ongoing story telling for all members. 4 weeks 15 hours ago #3529285

• Cherie
  • Expert Buzzer
  • Expert Buzzer
  • Well said received: 618
  • Honor Medal 2010
HAPPY BIRTHDAY ELizaK. Sept 29

BEST WISHES TO YOU!!!
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Well Said: Serena77, ElizaK, Mawai, William 58, AntiqueLace1

Last edit: by Cherie.

THE DAY IT WOULD HAPPEN! ongoing story telling for all members. 4 weeks 15 hours ago #3529287

• Serena77
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 5567
  • Honor Medal 2010
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU DEAR ELIZAK - sept 29th
(video)

Best wishes and may all your fondest dreams come true!

You do not have permissions to access this page.
"money buys everything,
but ............common sense."
The following user(s) said Well Said: QuinTSensual, Cherie, ElizaK, Mawai, William 58, AntiqueLace1

Last edit: by Serena77.

THE DAY IT WOULD HAPPEN! ongoing story telling for all members. 4 weeks 13 hours ago #3529297

• AntiqueLace1
  • AntiqueLace1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 967
  • Honor Medal 2010
I most definitely want to wish YOU a very Happy Birthday Eliza!
Like the glow of a sunrise, is your unique beauty within, may it rise
and set on your special day today, Happy Birthday my friend (;;)

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Well Said: QuinTSensual, Serena77, Cherie, ElizaK, Mawai, William 58

Last edit: by AntiqueLace1.
Moderators: mikePatsPascalou
Time to create page: 0.116 seconds