Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Chat about the Chat Rooms. We have the best chat rooms for over 50s seniors on the internet and now with free video chat

TOPIC: Dying a Death ?, or Just Mid-Winter Blues ?

Dying a Death ?, or Just Mid-Winter Blues ? 1 month 6 days ago #3383168

• Jack Hutch
  • Jack Hutch's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Buzzer
  • Expert Buzzer
  • Well said received: 490
  • Honor Medal 2010
What on earth is happening to the Chatrooms ?. I can remember the times when they used to be bouncing, Morning, Noon, and Nights, now, you can think yourself lucky if there's a handful in on an evening. Just of late, Mornings and Afternoons have been like the Marie Celeste in there, no matter which room you go in, there's always the same one, maybe two, just sat there, never speaking or saying hello. I realise people have jobs etc, and lives to lead, but a hell of a lot don't, and i fear, if they log in, and get no response, they'll go looking for company elsewhere. You take away all the good, caring people on here, take away all the characters, and you'll kill the site, and personally, i think that's just what's happening. Pause for thought ..........
The following user(s) said Well Said: dana d

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Dying a Death ?, or Just Mid-Winter Blues ? 1 month 6 days ago #3383179

• Bessie
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 414
  • Honor Medal 2010
hello jack.
i'm new here. so just getting used to finding my round a bit more. sorry if i don;t post much. or start a topic.
have a cuppa and smile.
:cheer:

Life's Too Short To Be Serious!!

Dying a Death ?, or Just Mid-Winter Blues ? 1 month 6 days ago #3383181

• Rosie 2 UK
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 7803
  • Honor Medal 2010
I just popped in chatrooms Jack it is very quiet .

I will go in Happy Room later ,, to see if lightyear quiz is taking place today at 4 o’clock

Dying a Death ?, or Just Mid-Winter Blues ? 1 month 6 days ago #3383194

• Jack Hutch
  • Expert Buzzer
  • Expert Buzzer
  • Honor Medal 2010
Thanks Bessie, and may i welcome you to the site love, i'll brew an extra cuppa shall i ?. Thanks to you as well Rosie, like you say, just hope things pick up later
The following user(s) said Well Said: Bessie

Dying a Death ?, or Just Mid-Winter Blues ? 1 month 6 days ago #3383198

• Sharkey
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 16406
  • Honor Medal 2010

Jack Hutch wrote: What on earth is happening to the Chatrooms ?. I can remember the times when they used to be bouncing, Morning, Noon, and Nights, now, you can think yourself lucky if there's a handful in on an evening. Just of late, Mornings and Afternoons have been like the Marie Celeste in there, no matter which room you go in, there's always the same one, maybe two, just sat there, never speaking or saying hello. I realise people have jobs etc, and lives to lead, but a hell of a lot don't, and i fear, if they log in, and get no response, they'll go looking for company elsewhere. You take away all the good, caring people on here, take away all the characters, and you'll kill the site, and personally, i think that's just what's happening. Pause for thought ..........

TBH Jack i think the answer to your question is they are all using the 121 Community chat some nights there are over 60 using it. I know there are also forum user on 121 but i think the majority are chat room folk.

Last edit: by Sharkey.

Dying a Death ?, or Just Mid-Winter Blues ? 1 month 6 days ago #3383207

• Bessie
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 414
  • Honor Medal 2010
cheeer up folks. jack's putting the kettle on for us. yaaaay. :xxx: :lol:
The following user(s) said Well Said: Jack Hutch

Life's Too Short To Be Serious!!

Dying a Death ?, or Just Mid-Winter Blues ? 1 month 6 days ago #3383209

• Rain
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1645
  • Honor Medal 2010
I love the chat rooms on Buzz. They are important to me and a real life saver as I spend so much time alone.

I think when Facebook came out, the numbers in many chat rooms dwindled across the internet.

I think it's a shame as they are great fun.
The following user(s) said Well Said: pascalou, dana d, Bessie

Dying a Death ?, or Just Mid-Winter Blues ? 1 month 6 days ago #3383242

• Blackbird
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Jack Hutch wrote: What on earth is happening to the Chatrooms ?. I can remember the times when they used to be bouncing, Morning, Noon, and Nights, now, you can think yourself lucky if there's a handful in on an evening. Just of late, Mornings and Afternoons have been like the Marie Celeste in there, no matter which room you go in, there's always the same one, maybe two, just sat there, never speaking or saying hello. I realise people have jobs etc, and lives to lead, but a hell of a lot don't, and i fear, if they log in, and get no response, they'll go looking for company elsewhere. You take away all the good, caring people on here, take away all the characters, and you'll kill the site, and personally, i think that's just what's happening. Pause for thought ..........

why not post on the forum that you are in the chat room if anyone wants to chat? smile.png

Dying a Death ?, or Just Mid-Winter Blues ? 1 month 6 days ago #3383260

• Jack Hutch
  • Expert Buzzer
  • Expert Buzzer
  • Honor Medal 2010
Mainly because the Forum users don't much go into the Chatrooms Blackbird, and Chatroom users don't normally come onto the Forums.
The following user(s) said Well Said: pascalou

Dying a Death ?, or Just Mid-Winter Blues ? 1 month 6 days ago #3383275

• Blackbird
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Jack; Chat rooms have dwindled over the years, they used to be fun. Even forums have dwindled. Its seems to be more dating sites nowadays. I do pop in the chat rooms now and again and as you say, no one about.

Moderators: Patsmikesmilesrus10pascalou
Time to create page: 0.097 seconds