Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Chat about the Chat Rooms. We have the best chat rooms for over 50s seniors on the internet and now with free video chat

TOPIC: Does anyone get inapropiate sexual comments by mail, want phone numbers, FB acct

Does anyone get inapropiate sexual comments by mail, want phone numbers, FB acct 6 months 4 weeks ago #3282806

• pascalou
  • Away
  • Well said received: 7234
  • Honor Medal 2010

marysarasota wrote: I changed my profile picture to reflex more my age, for even thou I tell them I am 78, I get private messages, some sexual, and turns me off when I am looking for a friendly relationship on this site. Are many on here just looking for a sex partner? If so, leave me out for my age, that is not what makes a relationship, friends do. The worse thing I need is men making sexual advances.

We are a social and friendship site. Such offers/ comments are totally improper and inapropriate and need to be immediately reported. All you need to do is forward the PM so we can take proper action.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Janquine, JUJO, Rose57

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Smile to life and life will smile back at you.

Does anyone get inapropiate sexual comments by mail, want phone numbers, FB acct 6 months 4 weeks ago #3282814

• hcf3sf
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 885
  • Honor Medal 2010
As a male, I too get offers to meet up with a female or to contact them outside of Buzz. I just want to make sure that everyone realizes that the males get them too. I contact the admins whenever I get something like this.
The following user(s) said Well Said: TwistNShout, pascalou, Janquine, JennieR62, June62, Rose57

Blessings,
Harry

Does anyone get inapropiate sexual comments by mail, want phone numbers, FB acct 6 months 4 weeks ago #3282823

• sciguy18
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1026
  • Honor Medal 2010
I have never gotten any messages that would be deemed sexual or inappropriate.

I have, however, received messages from women I didn’t recognize or with whom I have never had any prior communication.

When I check their profile, it is either blank or has been deleted.
The following user(s) said Well Said: GerryM, Robin, Rose57

Does anyone get inapropiate sexual comments by mail, want phone numbers, FB acct 6 months 4 weeks ago #3282919

• weatherpoet
  • Senior Buzzer
  • Senior Buzzer
  • Well said received: 129
I've been receiving a lot of private messages recently but the user has been deleted before I've been able to read them. Otherwise I don't normally get pestered and often I don't receive any messages at all. It's always been my belief (true or not) that women will be targeted most and for that reason I've always felt hesitant about sending messages to women for fear they'll think I'm a pest like the others.
The following user(s) said Well Said: SimplyRobin, Rose57, MoonlitRoads63

Does anyone get inapropiate sexual comments by mail, want phone numbers, FB acct 6 months 4 weeks ago #3282949

• Janquine
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 2633
  • Honor Medal 2010

sciguy18 wrote: I have never gotten any messages that would be deemed sexual or inappropriate.

I have, however, received messages from women I didn’t recognize or with whom I have never had any prior communication.

When I check their profile, it is either blank or has been deleted.

Yes, I have had plenty of messages like this too with either a blank profile or else deleted before I have read the contents.
If I get a PM with a blank profile and the sender starts off with inappropriate comments. I would definitely suspect a spammer or someone that isn't looking for friendship.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Rose57

Last edit: by Janquine.

Does anyone get inapropiate sexual comments by mail, want phone numbers, FB acct 6 months 4 weeks ago #3282953

• Rose57
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1515
  • Honor Medal 2010

weatherpoet wrote: I've been receiving a lot of private messages recently but the user has been deleted before I've been able to read them. Otherwise I don't normally get pestered and often I don't receive any messages at all. It's always been my belief (true or not) that women will be targeted most and for that reason I've always felt hesitant about sending messages to women for fear they'll think I'm a pest like the others.

I can totally relate to being cautious about sending messages to others that might be misinterpreted, however after a couple months Im becoming more comfortable sending and receiving messages from members that post frequently. Weather-poet, personally I don’t think you need to worry, you’re a well known respected member here.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Janquine

Everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about. Be kind. Always. – Robin Williams

Does anyone get inapropiate sexual comments by mail, want phone numbers, FB acct 6 months 3 weeks ago #3283672

• weatherpoet
  • Senior Buzzer
  • Senior Buzzer
  • Well said received: 129
Thank you for your kindness Rose.
I know I have my issues because of the situation I live in but I do always try my best to respect others and not deliberately cause any upset or offence. I know this will sound strange because this is a place to make friends but I never feel totally comfortable sending a pm to say hello to someone I don't know even if they sound nice whereas I'm always happy to receive a hello. I guess it's like in the real world where I've always been shy and prefer to sit in the corner hoping someone will say hello to me which is silly I know.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Just John, JUJO, Rose57

Does anyone get inapropiate sexual comments by mail, want phone numbers, FB acct 6 months 3 weeks ago #3283684

• MoonlitRoads63
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1139
  • Honor Medal 2010

weatherpoet wrote: Thank you for your kindness Rose.
I know I have my issues because of the situation I live in but I do always try my best to respect others and not deliberately cause any upset or offence. I know this will sound strange because this is a place to make friends but I never feel totally comfortable sending a pm to say hello to someone I don't know even if they sound nice whereas I'm always happy to receive a hello. I guess it's like in the real world where I've always been shy and prefer to sit in the corner hoping someone will say hello to me which is silly I know.

It sounds like there's nothing wrong with the way you conduct yourself on here.. It's the real you. Same on here as in real life. It's how I try to be as well.

Being genuine but human is better than being false and 'perfect'.

The cat's flaps

Does anyone get inapropiate sexual comments by mail, want phone numbers, FB acct 6 months 3 weeks ago #3283689

• Rose57
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1515
  • Honor Medal 2010

weatherpoet wrote: Thank you for your kindness Rose.

I’m happy to say HELLO smile.png I find taking a few breaks each day and checking out what’s happening on Buzz
is a wonderful distraction. Here’s hoping to see you get involved in more topics smile.png
The following user(s) said Well Said: JUJO

Everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about. Be kind. Always. – Robin Williams

Does anyone get inapropiate sexual comments by mail, want phone numbers, FB acct 6 months 3 weeks ago #3283905

• marysarasota
  • marysarasota's Avatar Topic Author
  • New Buzzer
  • New Buzzer
  • Well said received: 13
Rose, don't feel unwanted or afraid to send a Hello, for I love reading comments from my friends, and consider you one of those cherished by me.

Moderators: Patsmikesmilesrus10pascalou
Time to create page: 0.111 seconds