Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Chat about the Chat Rooms. We have the best chat rooms for over 50s seniors on the internet and now with free video chat
  • Page:

TOPIC: 'Tumbleweeds in The Lounge'

'Tumbleweeds in The Lounge' 1 year 3 weeks ago #2865101

• Jack
  • Jack's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Most days, i log into The Lounge, and a happy time is had by all, mostly myself, as banter and general chitchat is exchanged. Alas, today, was another one of those days ...logged in...10-12 members in there already...ok, i thought, the stage is set, but alas, that was not to be. 2 people out of that whole room had the decency to even say hello, as for the rest, i didn't like to shout too loud in case of waking them up. Not one other person said one word. It's a CHAT room for God's sake !!!, why the hell anyone wants to log in and just sit quiet i have no idea. It's like joining a Library when you can't read !!, just where is the point ??. If you prefer to just sit quiet, and not chat, or, maybe you've been called away, then THAT is what the Orange button is for, so members will know you're away, and not just ignoring them

Please Log in to join the conversation.

'Tumbleweeds in The Lounge' 1 year 3 weeks ago #2865134

• maddy
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 689
  • Honor Medal 2010
it does happen - either their really shy and have no convo ---
or u get the weirdy type who sit and listen thinking u don't know their there - best to come out -go back in a little while..but it cost nothing to say helo' !

'Tumbleweeds in The Lounge' 1 year 3 weeks ago #2865565

• Lenny
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 413
  • Honor Medal 2010

Jack wrote: Most days, i log into The Lounge, and a happy time is had by all, mostly myself, as banter and general chitchat is exchanged. Alas, today, was another one of those days ...logged in...10-12 members in there already...ok, i thought, the stage is set, but alas, that was not to be. 2 people out of that whole room had the decency to even say hello, as for the rest, i didn't like to shout too loud in case of waking them up. Not one other person said one word. It's a CHAT room for God's sake !!!, why the hell anyone wants to log in and just sit quiet i have no idea. It's like joining a Library when you can't read !!, just where is the point ??. If you prefer to just sit quiet, and not chat, or, maybe you've been called away, then THAT is what the Orange button is for, so members will know you're away, and not just ignoring them

,,,, But bet you'll be here again tomorrow
The following user(s) said Well Said: brenda555, Spring, Jack

'Tumbleweeds in The Lounge' 1 year 3 weeks ago #2865573

• Rosie
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 300
  • Honor Medal 2010
Jack the 'chat' at this site does not visually announce when people come in or leave the room, as most chat sites do. I find it hard to notice when a name pops on or off the list. Therefore, I say "hello" to everyone so they know I have just arrived and I get plenty of acknowledgements. Try it.
The following user(s) said Well Said: brenda555

The best vision is insight. ....Malcolm Forbes

'Tumbleweeds in The Lounge' 1 year 3 weeks ago #2865652

• Jack
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Rosie, i've been a member here for some 5 years now, and every time i enter the Lounge, or any other room come to that, i always say Hello Everyone, Good Morning All, Good Afternoon All, or Good Evening All. Now if people don't have the common decency to say hello back, the y, to me, shouldn't be in the room in the first place love. Like the lady said above, it costs nothing to be polite and say Hello back.

'Tumbleweeds in The Lounge' 1 year 3 weeks ago #2865653

• Jack
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Guess i'm just a glutton for punishment Lenny, hahaaa

'Tumbleweeds in The Lounge' 1 year 4 days ago #2880074

• rip
  • Expert Buzzer
  • Expert Buzzer
  • Well said received: 79
  • Honor Medal 2010
Hello ? ---- nobody here I guess.

RIP

'Tumbleweeds in The Lounge' 1 year 23 hours ago #2882301

• donnyman40
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I'm here. I just joined. These programs are real puzzles at first.

'Tumbleweeds in The Lounge' 1 year 15 hours ago #2882426

• Assemble
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 551
  • Honor Medal 2010
I occasionally look at the lounge chat room and it just seems to be a series of people saying hello to everyone there and everyone saying hello back individually which takes ages. There is little actual conversation that I have felt able to join in then we go through all the rigmarole of everyone saying goodbye to everyone else individually. So I admit to being a tumbleweed as I watch to see if I can pick up the topic of conversation and join in but repetative hellos and good byes are not for me I'm afraid
The following user(s) said Well Said: Pippa1, Heyjk60, Stix, lyannu, Larry Zappa

'Tumbleweeds in The Lounge' 1 year 13 hours ago #2882465

• Pippa1
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Well said received: 155
  • Honor Medal 2010

Assemble wrote: I occasionally look at the lounge chat room and it just seems to be a series of people saying hello to everyone there and everyone saying hello back individually which takes ages. There is little actual conversation that I have felt able to join in then we go through all the rigmarole of everyone saying goodbye to everyone else individually. So I admit to being a tumbleweed as I watch to see if I can pick up the topic of conversation and join in but repetative hellos and good byes are not for me I'm afraid

I believe this is quite a few people's experience.. 'hello' and 'goodbye'... I have tried to 'join in'... but then it all goes too fast for me lol. I do say Hello though.

• Page:
Moderators: PatsMikesmilesrus10pascalou
Time to create page: 0.117 seconds

Over 50 forums just for seniors Join Free here!

Buzz50 is one of the few sites where the forums are strictly restricted to those who are over 50 only.

Our senior forums are run by over 50s purely for over 50s to enjoy. If you like serious or even light hearted discussions then this is the place for you.