Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Chat about the Chat Rooms. We have the best chat rooms for over 50s seniors on the internet and now with free video chat
  • Page:

TOPIC: Content Posting

Content Posting 1 year 3 months ago #2815758

• PennyLane
  • PennyLane's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 604
  • Honor Medal 2010
I was informed by a fellow member that my health issues were being discussed without my presence or permission. I have bipolar II disorder and epilepsy, disorders than I am not ashamed of. I am quite open about in hopes I can help educate and perhaps comfort. Be so much easier to keep my mouth shut, wouldn't it. But I'm a fighter

This chat situation was a bit different, however. It wasn't about compassion, it was more of a gossip bit. While I will remain open, there is no room for ridicule for those struggling with mental and neurological illnesses. Many in the room suffer from depression, PTSD, lonliness, so much more. I took the brunt of the "better than you" garbage but take a good look in the mirror. It hit me at 35. I didn't ask for it, none of us did. What happens if it happens to you?

Again, how dare you snicker at me. You'd be bawling on the floor if you'd lived my life.
The following user(s) said Well Said: brenda555, shrubby, Bazzer501, fuggers2, cestrian, Aussienan, Rosie 2 UK, PopsnTuff and this user have 20 others thankyou

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Content Posting 1 year 3 months ago #2815766

• Flowersun1
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

PennyLane wrote: I was informed by a fellow member that my health issues were being discussed without my presence or permission. I have bipolar II disorder and epilepsy, disorders than I am not ashamed of. I am quite open about in hopes I can help educate and perhaps comfort. Be so much easier to keep my mouth shut, wouldn't it. But I'm a fighter

This chat situation was a bit different, however. It wasn't about compassion, it was more of a gossip bit. While I will remain open, there is no room for ridicule for those struggling with mental and neurological illnesses. Many in the room suffer from depression, PTSD, lonliness, so much more. I took the brunt of the "better than you" garbage but take a good look in the mirror. It hit me at 35. I didn't ask for it, none of us did. What happens if it happens to you?

Again, how dare you snicker at me. You'd be bawling on the floor if you'd lived my life.

Unless anyone has suffered with bipolar,epilepsy, depression, they can not relate,..i have been ridiculed for suffering with anxiety / blushing phobia, not any more,...so i guess i had the last laugh,my head is held high,....stay strong!..and good on you,for standing up,for what you believe in,it takes "guts".

Content Posting 1 year 3 months ago #2816127

• RosieLeah
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 3063
  • Honor Medal 2010
A lesson for the rest of us, I think...be careful who you confide in.
The following user(s) said Well Said: brenda555, Keeper, Purple Sandy

Content Posting 1 year 3 months ago #2817063

• TopKitten
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 375
  • Honor Medal 2010
Agreed, no one who hasn't suffered will ever know or understand what mental health issues are like.

Personally I'm not bothered what others say about me but I do understand those that are sensitive about it..

I suffer Severe depression, Anxiety, Agoraphobia, Panic attacks and Paranoia. I deal with the issues every day. Most people I meet don't have the slightest idea I have any of them unless I tell them and I spend every Friday afternoon with a group of people all suffering various MH issues, helping those I can and being helped by those that can help me.

There you go gossip mongers, talk about that, lol!

TK
The following user(s) said Well Said: PennyLane, Purple Sandy, MsBelinda, Toffee

"Can you ask a star not to shine no more" by Il Nino

TK

Content Posting 1 year 3 months ago #2817085

• PennyLane
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Honor Medal 2010
This just caught me off guard as it's no big secret and so many have various issues. But it is an invasion of privacy. The advocate in me wasn't going to blow this off. I wasn't there for the gossip session so I don't know what was said, I just have visions of school ground kids pointing fingers.

As a long time member, I didn't expect this. But there's always going to be one to come along.
The following user(s) said Well Said: shrubby, Aussienan, Toffee

Content Posting 1 year 3 months ago #2817243

• JUJO
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 6312

PennyLane wrote: I was informed by a fellow member that my health issues were being discussed without my presence or permission. I have bipolar II disorder and epilepsy, disorders than I am not ashamed of. I am quite open about in hopes I can help educate and perhaps comfort. Be so much easier to keep my mouth shut, wouldn't it. But I'm a fighter

Whoever is talking about your health in a disrespectful way should be absolutely ashamed of themselves.
The following user(s) said Well Said: OutdoorGirl, MsBelinda, Toffee

Do I believe in love at first sight?
Absolutely,
I fall in love with every cat I see.

Content Posting 1 year 3 months ago #2817838

• PennyLane
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Honor Medal 2010
I found out that the intimate details of my health were not discussed in chat but it was stated that I had serious health issues. All because I left without saying goodbye.

Yes, for whatever reason, I left without saying goodbye. Then it was stated that I had serious health issues. Unbelievable.
The following user(s) said Well Said: MsBelinda, Toffee

Content Posting 1 year 3 months ago #2817883

• JUJO
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 6312

PennyLane wrote: I found out that the intimate details of my health were not discussed in chat but it was stated that I had serious health issues. All because I left without saying goodbye.

Yes, for whatever reason, I left without saying goodbye. Then it was stated that I had serious health issues. Unbelievable.

PennyLane,
You do not have to answer to anyone, No one has any rights whatsoever to discuss your health care,without your permission.

Do I believe in love at first sight?
Absolutely,
I fall in love with every cat I see.

Content Posting 1 year 3 months ago #2817977

• Ruby Tuesday
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Good grief I thought this was an over 50s website.

Content Posting 1 year 2 months ago #2833207

• Scarlet Pimpernel
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Yotally agree

• Page:
Moderators: PatsMikesmilesrus10pascalou
Time to create page: 0.138 seconds

Over 50 forums just for seniors Join Free here!

Buzz50 is one of the few sites where the forums are strictly restricted to those who are over 50 only.

Our senior forums are run by over 50s purely for over 50s to enjoy. If you like serious or even light hearted discussions then this is the place for you.