Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Chat about the Chat Rooms. We have the best chat rooms for over 50s seniors on the internet and now with free video chat

TOPIC: I adore meeting new people!

I adore meeting new people! 1 year 10 months ago #2614406

• Ca1a
  • Ca1a's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
:xxx: (;;) Cheers!

I truly enjoy conversation, whether it's just a simple "how's the weather" or some good hearted banter. Everyone is friendly and welcoming whenever I go into a chat room. I have received some lovely private messages too.

Sadly, there have been times in the chat room when I just talk to myself while the others say nothing and I sure would enjoy getting a message that was longer than three of four words.

I know I don't show up everyday, but please don't take it personally - it's just that I get a little busy. I pop in sometimes just to have a look around.....

Thank you all for the lovely conversation, it's been so much fun getting to know you! Hope to hear more from you all soon!

Cala

Please Log in to join the conversation.

I adore meeting new people! 1 year 10 months ago #2614597

• Beesknees
  • Expert Buzzer
  • Expert Buzzer
  • Well said received: 42
  • Honor Medal 2010
It really is hard to get a conversation going sometimes. I hope I pop in to chat at the same time as you one of these days!

I adore meeting new people! 1 year 10 months ago #2614755

• JUJO
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 5764
  • Honor Medal 2010

Ca1a wrote: :xxx: (;;) Cheers!

I truly enjoy conversation, whether it's just a simple "how's the weather" or some good hearted banter. Everyone is friendly and welcoming whenever I go into a chat room. I have received some lovely private messages too.

Sadly, there have been times in the chat room when I just talk to myself while the others say nothing and I sure would enjoy getting a message that was longer than three of four words.

I know I don't show up everyday, but please don't take it personally - it's just that I get a little busy. I pop in sometimes just to have a look around.....

Thank you all for the lovely conversation, it's been so much fun getting to know you! Hope to hear more from you all soon!

Cala

Lately, I have heard chat rooms are empty, or if people are in chat room,they are heavily engaged in conversations, to notice who is in the room.
Have you tried making friends,and private messaging? This may help.

Do I believe in love at first sight?
Absolutely,
I fall in love with every cat I see.

I adore meeting new people! 1 year 10 months ago #2615035

• brenda555
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 318
  • Honor Medal 2010
It depends when your on line yes sometimes the rooms are empty sometimes not.

Most evenings later on there are lots of regular chatters in the balcony and make an effort to welcome
And chat to people who come in even if we are in conversation with others.

Come in and see for yourself

I adore meeting new people! 1 year 10 months ago #2615100

• papasmurf70
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Yes Brenda you are right. Everyone in the chat room does say hello or welcome to the room but beyond that you are on your own to jump into the middle of a conversation as after the initial hellos, nobody speaks to you. I quit going into chat because I always felt like I was intruding...Others must have felt the same way as there may be 10 or 12 people in the room and only three or four chatting in their own little world. Maybe it's just me and I'm too shy to jump right in and act like I'm one of the crowd.

I adore meeting new people! 1 year 10 months ago #2615175

• brenda555
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 318
  • Honor Medal 2010
Sorry to hear you have had a bad experience papa I myself had found it difficult sometimes

but I am glad to say I have made some good friends in chat and am have found Buzz to be

one of the better chat sites

I adore meeting new people! 1 year 10 months ago #2615877

• The Woman
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
With the new chat its not always possible to see everyone in the room, but I am a regular chatter and everyone is lovely, it must be daunting if your new (I was there once), all I would say is jump in and comment if I'm there I will always answer.

I adore meeting new people! 1 year 10 months ago #2615905

• Iamz
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 435
  • Honor Medal 2010

Ca1a wrote: :xxx: (;;) Cheers!

Cala

Maybe take the step from cyber friends to real life ones via the meets?
The following user(s) said Well Said: Lynda147

I adore meeting new people! 1 year 10 months ago #2619850

• suzyque
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I find it difficult in chat rooms too, so you're not alone.

I adore meeting new people! 1 year 7 months ago #2662256

• psmiddx
  • Expert Buzzer
  • Expert Buzzer
  • Well said received: 82
  • Honor Medal 2010
I agree, same as dating sites (well, not really, but hear me out). I find 'I' have to make the conversation. Now, I know in a Chatroom, a lot of people will be chatting to people they know, people do friendly-like, say 'hello', but mostly, it's hard to 'butt in/interject' with those who are having their conversation. So... the forum, is probably better for a 'subject' where a genuine reply is wanted/hoped for. However, it would be nice to chat with someone, about something you/we all have a same interest in, maybe, to start the ball rolling. Also, some people's (and it may be me, too, here!) mode of convo isn't going to be interesting enough, to warrant many replies! Does happen!
The following user(s) said Well Said: Catnip, Morgeno1, Corvette

Last Edit: by psmiddx.
Moderators: PatsMikesmilesrus10pascalou
Time to create page: 0.184 seconds

Over 50 forums just for seniors Join Free here!

Buzz50 is one of the few sites where the forums are strictly restricted to those who are over 50 only.

Our senior forums are run by over 50s purely for over 50s to enjoy. If you like serious or even light hearted discussions then this is the place for you.