Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Britain’s Housing Crisis - What Went Wrong ?

Britain’s Housing Crisis - What Went Wrong ? 4 months 12 hours ago #3980173

• Aida
  • Aida's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1395
  • Honor Medal 2010
An excellent in depth look at Britain’s Housing Crisis being shown in two parts, from a time when lenders were giving mortgages to almost anyone to the present day housing shortage and difficulties experienced by those who can’t afford to buy or rent. Co produced by the Open University and the BBC. The first episode is now available on
BBC i player.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Kenty

Please Log in to join the conversation.

'Take the log out of your own eye then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother's eye.'
Matthew 7: 5
Last edit: by Aida.

Britain’s Housing Crisis - What Went Wrong ? 4 months 7 hours ago #3980226

• Pop1
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Well said received: 117
  • Honor Medal 2010
What went wrong is those dam fools voting for the wrong team ,, middle class is over its now us and them so welcome to the real world all you dreamers ..

Britain’s Housing Crisis - What Went Wrong ? 3 months 4 weeks ago #3980285

• Aida
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Honor Medal 2010
Part of what went wrong is that ‘renting ‘ became a dirty word. Some would say say the real dirty word came earlier and began with a ‘T’.
I watched the first half of this documentary and it was very good. Many interesting contributions and interviews.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Yo

'Take the log out of your own eye then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother's eye.'

Britain’s Housing Crisis - What Went Wrong ? 3 months 3 weeks ago #3981156

• knighten
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Well said received: 276
  • Honor Medal 2010

Aida wrote: Part of what went wrong is that ‘renting ‘ became a dirty word. Some would say say the real dirty word came earlier and began with a ‘T’.
I watched the first half of this documentary and it was very good. Many interesting contributions and interviews.[/quote

Thatcher was the best thing that happened to the working class that's why we kept voting for her. Renting is a waste of money you pay all your life till you die have nothing to leave your kids. How can you afford rent when you get old.You pay thousands more over your life time renting.Love it when the Thatcher hater's come out to play .Just a matter of time before the BBC are defunded

Britain’s Housing Crisis - What Went Wrong ? 3 months 3 weeks ago #3981218

• Aida
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Honor Medal 2010
Many people can’t afford to buy a house these days, sadly they can’t afford afford to rent either, that’s if they can find a rental property. Typically there are 20 plus prospective tenants for each property that comes on to the rental market.

I was recommending a TV programme I thought some Buzz members might care to watch, hence I put the recommendation in TV / radio and films category.

• Page:
Moderators: mikePatsMoonlitRoads63
Time to create page: 0.078 seconds