Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:
  • 1
  • 2

TOPIC: The Reckoning

The Reckoning 4 months 1 week ago #3977904

  • Yo
  • Yo's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Expert Buzzer
  • Expert Buzzer
  • Posts: 118
  • Well said received: 158
  • Points: 12698
  • Honor Medal 2010
I have really enjoyed this docu-drama about Jimmy Savile, it’s mind boggling that he got away with it and for so long..
Back on BBC on Monday and Tuesday.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Graham, cahoots, QuinTSensual, Woody

Please Log in to join the conversation.

The Reckoning 4 months 1 week ago #3977905

  • Woody
  • Woody's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Posts: 310
  • Well said received: 512
  • Points: 89670
  • Honor Medal 2010
Filthy human rotting in you know where now.
The following user(s) said Well Said: rocknanna, cahoots, Keeper, QuinTSensual

Please Log in to join the conversation.

“Let’s go lick the world.”
Joe Biden

The Reckoning 4 months 1 week ago #3977914

  • CAJ
  • CAJ's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Senior Buzzer
  • Senior Buzzer
  • Posts: 55
  • Well said received: 52
  • Points: 28202
  • Honor Medal 2010

Yo wrote: I have really enjoyed this docu-drama about Jimmy Savile, it’s mind boggling that he got away with it and for so long..
Back on BBC on Monday and Tuesday.


And yet no blame or "reckoning" has ever been doled out to the many people of influence at the BBC or hospitals etc who were indifferent or intimidated or too worried about their own careers to bring him to book. Talk about a slanted view.
The following user(s) said Well Said: cahoots, QuinTSensual, knighten

Please Log in to join the conversation.

The Reckoning 4 months 1 week ago #3977925

  • knighten
  • knighten's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Posts: 224
  • Well said received: 276
  • Points: 8662
  • Honor Medal 2010
Protected by the BBC NHS, charities members of the royal family the police, Kier Starmer all of of them complicit. The nonce was stopped by a cop in Leeds with a child in his Roller. The cop knew what he was up to Saville told hIm she would be 16 at midnight and if he caused him problems he would be fired That is how much power he had
The following user(s) said Well Said: cahoots, QuinTSensual

Please Log in to join the conversation.

The Reckoning 4 months 1 week ago #3978020

  • Aida
  • Aida's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Posts: 918
  • Well said received: 1395
  • Points: 26161
  • Honor Medal 2010

knighten wrote: Protected by the BBC NHS, charities members of the royal family the police, Kier Starmer all of of them complicit. The nonce was stopped by a cop in Leeds with a child in his Roller. The cop knew what he was up to Saville told hIm she would be 16 at midnight and if he caused him problems he would be fired That is how much power he had



Absolutely shocking. Money, albeit for chatting, that was at the heart of his ability to get away with it.
The following user(s) said Well Said: cahoots

Please Log in to join the conversation.

'Take the log out of your own eye then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother's eye.'
Matthew 7: 5

The Reckoning 4 months 1 week ago #3978025

  • knighten
  • knighten's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Posts: 224
  • Well said received: 276
  • Points: 8662
  • Honor Medal 2010

CAJ wrote:

Yo wrote: I have really enjoyed this docu-drama about Jimmy Savile, it’s mind boggling that he got away with it and for so long..
Back on BBC on Monday and Tuesday.


And yet no blame or "reckoning" has ever been doled out to the many people of influence at the BBC or hospitals etc who were indifferent or intimidated or too worried about their own careers to bring him to book. Talk about a slanted view.


This is why i have no respect for a lot of the establishment. Gutless self serving individuals ,they fixed it for Jim
The following user(s) said Well Said: cahoots, Aida, Wren

Please Log in to join the conversation.

The Reckoning 4 months 1 week ago #3978026

  • Aida
  • Aida's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Posts: 918
  • Well said received: 1395
  • Points: 26161
  • Honor Medal 2010
Amended post :


Absolutely shocking. Money, albeit for charity, was at the heart of his ability to get away with it.[/quote]
The following user(s) said Well Said: cahoots

Please Log in to join the conversation.

'Take the log out of your own eye then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother's eye.'
Matthew 7: 5
Last edit: by Aida.

The Reckoning 4 months 1 week ago #3978044

  • knighten
  • knighten's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Posts: 224
  • Well said received: 276
  • Points: 8662
  • Honor Medal 2010

Aida wrote: Amended post :


Absolutely shocking. Money, albeit for charity, was at the heart of his ability to get away with it.

[/quote]

Charity is the key. The man used charity for his own ends like many people do to gain influence to increase his celeb status .Enabled him to gain access to children and vulnerable people
The following user(s) said Well Said: cahoots, Aida

Please Log in to join the conversation.

The Reckoning 4 months 1 week ago #3978065

  • Yo
  • Yo's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Expert Buzzer
  • Expert Buzzer
  • Posts: 118
  • Well said received: 158
  • Points: 12698
  • Honor Medal 2010
And don’t forget he was very close to Thatcher.
Even having Christmas dinner with her and the family.
The following user(s) said Well Said: cahoots, Aida, knighten

Please Log in to join the conversation.

The Reckoning 4 months 1 week ago #3978095

  • Aida
  • Aida's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Posts: 918
  • Well said received: 1395
  • Points: 26161
  • Honor Medal 2010
I think Steve Coogan is playing the part of Saville very well.
A creepy performance.
The following user(s) said Well Said: rocknanna, Yo

Please Log in to join the conversation.

'Take the log out of your own eye then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother's eye.'
Matthew 7: 5
  • Page:
  • 1
  • 2
Moderators: mikePatsMoonlitRoads63
Time to create page: 0.089 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum

Over 50 forums just for seniors Join Free here!

Buzz50 is one of the few sites where the forums are strictly restricted to those who are over 50 only.

Our senior forums are run by over 50s purely for over 50s to enjoy. If you like serious or even light hearted discussions then this is the place for you.

Buzz50 uses cookies, by using the site, you agree to these cookies

Click the button below to hide this message: Learn more

I understand