Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Britain’s Got Talent - Did You Watch It ?

Britain’s Got Talent - Did You Watch It ? 8 months 2 weeks ago #3936311

• Sandgrounder
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1373
  • Honor Medal 2010
Britain's Got Talent has announced its winner for the 2023 series, with Viggo Venn coming out on top in a hotly contested final. I found him funny at his audition, but later performances I found annoying. As the voting was done by the public phoning in, then I cannot argue about that. All performers hope to go on and have a career, and for that to happen, they need the public to like them in sufficient numbers to be willing to pay to come and see them when they perform. As to Viggo not being British, so what, I watch a lot of the Talent and The Voice shows from around the world and not all the performers are home grown. A lot of Artists from many countries around the world appear on them and sometimes win .

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Britain’s Got Talent - Did You Watch It ? 8 months 2 weeks ago #3936369

• rocknanna
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 82
  • Honor Medal 2010
Seemed to be a lot more kiddies this year.
The Voice does an adult and childrens version.(that has nothing to do with Simon Cowell)
Maybe time to have an adult BGT and childrens
The whole programme really annoyed me this year.
Its all rehearsed ,funny how the camera always catches amanda holden screeching.and jumping up and down.
And those comments from people in audience, they dont even look or sound natural.

Britain’s Got Talent - Did You Watch It ? 8 months 2 weeks ago #3936372

• Vienna
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 972
  • Honor Medal 2010
Bring back 'Opportunity Knocks'..!!

Simple format.

Last edit: by Vienna.

Britain’s Got Talent - Did You Watch It ? 8 months 2 weeks ago #3936393

• geeljay
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I dip in to it occasionally, and am sometimes quite staggered by youngsters doin magic. But other talent seems a bit thin on the ground. But so is talent. I tend to watch unscripted tele, in that I like real people.

Britain’s Got Talent - Did You Watch It ? 8 months 2 weeks ago #3936570

• Sandgrounder
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1373
  • Honor Medal 2010
Opportunity Knocks with Hughie Green, may have been a simple format, but they also had a few problems at the time. They also had both Adults and children on the programme as well .

Britain’s Got Talent - Did You Watch It ? 8 months 2 weeks ago #3936598

• Vienna
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 972
  • Honor Medal 2010
A simple format and successful in finding real talented performers like:-

Les Dawson, Freddie Starr, Paul Daniels, Little and large, Cannon & Ball, Pam Ayres, Mary Hopkin, and Lena Zavaroni who was only ten years old when she won the show..

I can't remember any acts that have won Britain's got Talent since it started, or went on to have a successful career......apart from the dance group Diversity.

Opportunity Knocks was a great talent show.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Keeper, Jane R

Britain’s Got Talent - Did You Watch It ? 8 months 2 weeks ago #3936600

• Ambriel
  • Expert Buzzer
  • Expert Buzzer
  • Well said received: 336
  • Honor Medal 2010
I did not watch the BGT series, though I did see one video clip of a BGT act from this year, which was shown on a discussion programme. I thought it started off a bit menacingly as a guy marched silently towards the judges and jumped on a table right in front them. He then proceeded to brandish a sword around, before sliding the sword into his mouth up to the hilt - actually I think his hands were tied behind his back and he was moving his body to take the sword into his mouth. Then he did various other weird things with swords that nobody should try at home.
Bleugh! It gave me the heebie jeebies- I hope they were fake swords with blades that somehow retracted into the handles but just the sight of him doing that made me feel sick. I find that type of stuff grotesque, not entertaining.

I watched one of the early series of BGT years ago and decided it wasn’t the type of programme I wanted to see, so I have not watched it since.
That year, there was a really good singer competing in that season called Susan Boyle. She has gone on to have a successful singing career but during the competition I thought she was treated abominably by the intrusive media and she ended up needing professional mental health services to help her recover from the stress of it all.
Simon Cowell seemed very patronising and unkind towards her initially, until he heard how good her singing voice was.

I’ve seen small trailers and clips of performances over the years and it doesn’t appeal to me - the Judges are the least appealing part of the show but I’m not keen on “variety entertainment” acts in general.

“The art and science of asking questions is the source of all knowledge.”
– Thomas Berger
Last edit: by Ambriel.

Britain’s Got Talent - Did You Watch It ? 8 months 2 weeks ago #3936603

• Aida
  • Aida's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1395
  • Honor Medal 2010
Mr Aida does not like BGT, so I don’t normally watch it. However, this year I happened to see a clip of a Welsh singer called Travis who l thought had exceptional talent and decided to see how he got on. I have to say I cringed at some of the acts, in particular the pants man and the wind breaking man, both Japanese I believe. Britain’s got talent, but voters prefer wind breaking foreigners and men in budgie smugglers contorting their bodies.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Keeper

'Take the log out of your own eye then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother's eye.'
Matthew 7: 5
Last edit: by Pats. Reason: Adsense sensitive words edited.

Britain’s Got Talent - Did You Watch It ? 8 months 2 weeks ago #3936604

• CAJ
  • Senior Buzzer
  • Senior Buzzer
  • Well said received: 52
  • Honor Medal 2010
And let's not forget the hysterical whooping and yelling every time a talented singer opens their mouth - that's not annoying at all.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Aida

Britain’s Got Talent - Did You Watch It ? 8 months 2 weeks ago #3936624

• Jane R
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Well said received: 423
  • Honor Medal 2010
That's one of the main reasons I could never watch these type of programmes, with the audience on the verge of hysteria throughout the entire show.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Aida

Moderators: mikePatsMoonlitRoads63
Time to create page: 0.096 seconds