TOPIC: Problems with Buzz site

Problems with Buzz site 4 months 18 hours ago #3980096

• Wren
  • Wren's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 597
  • Honor Medal 2010
I’m having a lot of problems with pages freezing and unable to send PMs or change my avatar !

My browser is Safari/Microsoft if that helps at all, thank you Wren

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Problems with Buzz site 4 months 15 hours ago #3980134

• Amandine
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 473
  • Honor Medal 2010
You need to make sure that your adblocker is disabled on Buzz Wren.
As whenever Buzz detects adblocker it will freeze and block people or send them on grey pages.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Wren

Problems with Buzz site 4 months 15 hours ago #3980139

• Keeper
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1394
  • Honor Medal 2010

Wren wrote: I’m having a lot of problems with pages freezing and unable to send PMs or change my avatar !

Hi Wren, I am having same problem. I had my technician out to sort it, and it is still happening. I PMd Mila and she replied that the technicians here on Buzz know about these problems, and are trying to fix them.
If you manage to get in here, and then are booten out onto a grey screen with message about ad blocker on it................use the arrow top left to "backspace" one webpage and it will take you back in here again.........this is what I am doing, hope it is fixed soon.

p.s. my tech said my ad blocker is set to allow Buzz through, so this problem should not be happening to me.

Keeper x

PEACE to the world
Last edit: by Keeper.

Problems with Buzz site 4 months 14 hours ago #3980145

• Vienna
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 972
  • Honor Medal 2010
My pages have been freezing for almost three months.
I have never had an adblocker.

Last edit: by Vienna.

Problems with Buzz site 4 months 14 hours ago #3980152

• Pats
  • Away
  • Admin
  • Admin
  • Well said received: 1535
  • Honor Medal 2010

Keeper wrote:

Wren wrote: I’m having a lot of problems with pages freezing and unable to send PMs or change my avatar !

Hi Wren, I am having same problem. I had my technician out to sort it, and it is still happening. I PMd Mila and she replied that the technicians here on Buzz know about these problems, and are trying to fix them.
If you manage to get in here, and then are booten out onto a grey screen with message about ad blocker on it................use the arrow top left to "backspace" one webpage and it will take you back in here again.........this is what I am doing, hope it is fixed soon.

p.s. my tech said my ad blocker is set to allow Buzz through, so this problem should not be happening to me.

Keeper x

Do you mean that your ad blocker is set to allow you to whitelist all websites?

Happy to help.

Problems with Buzz site 3 months 4 weeks ago #3980358

• Keeper
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1394
  • Honor Medal 2010
Pats has told me, if I have not already done so, to post on here, what my technician wrote on a PM to Mila about the troubles I have getting into and staying in Buzz as the technicians are directed straight here to this Forum Thread.

This is what my technician wrote on a PM to Mila.

"The ad blocker, which is the kaspersky is still blocking some parts of the site, buzz50 has been allowed throughout the ad blocker.
is there anything else we can do
Please

I try to click on the live link I have to get into Buzz50, and up comes a grey screen with a white message in middle of, saying that I must have an ad blocker and the ads bring in money to keep this site going, and I must disable that ad blocker to be able to get in and stay in here.

If I manage to get in after trying 3 or 4 times, then try to move to a different page, or say a post on Forum, I get kicked out again to that grey screen with that message on. This has happened this instance 3 times now today.
The message in blue above is what the technician I paid to come and sort this out, PMd to Mila at that time.

Please everyone who is having problems with this site post about your problems on this Thread on Forum.
Thanks. Keeper

PEACE to the world
Last edit: by Keeper.

Problems with Buzz site 3 months 4 weeks ago #3980652

• Amandine
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Honor Medal 2010

Pats wrote:

Keeper wrote:

Keeper x

Do you mean that your ad blocker is set to allow you to whitelist all websites?

Sorry , answering for Keeper, here, but from what I know the meaning of whitelisting means, the adblocker is effective in all sites except on Buzz which is being whitelisted in adblock in order to be allowed to run ads, But the ads remain blocked from all the other sites that are not Buzz.

Problems with Buzz site 3 months 4 weeks ago #3980653

• Amandine
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Honor Medal 2010

Keeper wrote: Pats has told me, if I have not already done so, to post on here, what my technician wrote on a PM to Mila about the troubles I have getting into and staying in Buzz as the technicians are directed straight here to this Forum Thread.

This is what my technician wrote on a PM to Mila.

"The ad blocker, which is the kaspersky is still blocking some parts of the site, buzz50 has been allowed throughout the ad blocker.
is there anything else we can do
Please

I try to click on the live link I have to get into Buzz50, and up comes a grey screen with a white message in middle of, saying that I must have an ad blocker and the ads bring in money to keep this site going, and I must disable that ad blocker to be able to get in and stay in here.

If I manage to get in after trying 3 or 4 times, then try to move to a different page, or say a post on Forum, I get kicked out again to that grey screen with that message on. This has happened this instance 3 times now today.
The message in blue above is what the technician I paid to come and sort this out, PMd to Mila at that time.

Please everyone who is having problems with this site post about your problems on this Thread on Forum.
Thanks. Keeper

Keeper it would be worth trying logging on Buzz on a different browser to see what happens....

Problems with Buzz site 1 month 1 week ago #4007371

• Wren
  • Wren's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 597
  • Honor Medal 2010
After many months of complaining, I think it’s only fair to say problems I was having with the site have been solved,

No page freezing, reply to PM’s disappearing before I get the chance to send them, and I’ve even managed to change my avatar now I have a new iPad

The only mystery is, why the problems only occurred with this site, all others I use were fine, anyway just thought I’d mention it in case anybody else may need to update their iPad etc.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Pats

Last edit: by Wren.

Problems with Buzz site 1 month 1 week ago #4007401

• Vienna
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 972
  • Honor Medal 2010
My technical problems with Buzz stopped approx 4/5 weeks ago.
I no longer have to use another browser to access the site.

I haven't changed my laptop, or updated in any way - the problems just suddenly stopped after several very annoying months.

All is well at the moment.

• Page:
Moderators: mikeMoonlitRoads63Pats
Time to create page: 0.093 seconds