Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Help...

Help... 4 months 2 weeks ago #3974091

  • Amandine
  • Amandine's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Posts: 382
  • Well said received: 473
  • Points: 2107030
  • Honor Medal 2010

Rosie 2 UK wrote: Ok today until this came up when I clicked on a thread .



All the glitches have gone for me Rosie all of a sudden but so have the ads.:ohmy:
How about you now?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Help... 4 months 2 weeks ago #3974172

  • Rosie 2 UK
  • Rosie 2 UK's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Posts: 848
  • Well said received: 1695
  • Points: 182945
  • Honor Medal 2010
I have only been back a few days now. Amandine.,so far the ads appears to be ok ,no pages freezing either .
I have noticed that if I do not click directly on (,say) ,recent posts. I sometimes get the above screen ,.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Amandine

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Help... 4 months 2 weeks ago #3975686

  • sunnydippyday
  • sunnydippyday's Avatar
  • Offline
  • New Buzzer
  • New Buzzer
  • Posts: 11
  • Well said received: 10
  • Points: 64436
  • Honor Medal 2010
Last weekend the site was fine for me but this weekend I've already had 2 page freezes, this is my third tab for the site. I have tried refreshing the page but nothing happens using ctrl shift R, if I hit the browser refresh button it just twirls and does nothing apart from the unresponsive page message popping up.

So I'm back at square one. Only thing I can add is that it seems to happen when the banner ad is at the bottom of the page and be ok if it's at the top.

This is on private messaging, so far so good on the forum.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Help... 4 months 2 weeks ago #3975696

  • Amandine
  • Amandine's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Posts: 382
  • Well said received: 473
  • Points: 2107030
  • Honor Medal 2010

sunnydippyday wrote: Last weekend the site was fine for me but this weekend I've already had 2 page freezes, this is my third tab for the site. I have tried refreshing the page but nothing happens using ctrl shift R, if I hit the browser refresh button it just twirls and does nothing apart from the unresponsive page message popping up.

So I'm back at square one. Only thing I can add is that it seems to happen when the banner ad is at the bottom of the page and be ok if it's at the top.

This is on private messaging, so far so good on the forum.



May I ask which browser you are currently using as it seems depending of our browser different things happen to different people.

If I understand well google chrome users have adverts but are sometimes sent of site on grey screen adds, and microsoft edge/safari users have no adds at all......

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Amandine.

Help... 4 months 2 weeks ago #3975902

  • sunnydippyday
  • sunnydippyday's Avatar
  • Offline
  • New Buzzer
  • New Buzzer
  • Posts: 11
  • Well said received: 10
  • Points: 64436
  • Honor Medal 2010
I use Chrome. I've had the problem for over a month. I don't use the forum often, it affects private messaging. I get an ad the width of the screen that is either across the top or bottom and if it's at the bottom the page can freeze and nothing will refresh it, I have to open a new tab. I also gets the ads that Rosie has where it's a smallish box in the centre of the screen and the surrounding is blurred, I don't think that's causing any problems.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Amandine

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Help... 3 months 3 weeks ago #3982131

  • sunnydippyday
  • sunnydippyday's Avatar
  • Offline
  • New Buzzer
  • New Buzzer
  • Posts: 11
  • Well said received: 10
  • Points: 64436
  • Honor Medal 2010
Just updating this thread as I can see another thread where people are having problems.

I read the thread where people are having problems accessing the site and suggestions it's the Adblocker, mine is disabled for Buzz.

I read to the bottom, possibly hovering over the advert at the bottom of the screen, his back to go back to the forum menu and the page froze, unresponsive message popped up. So, for me, the problem still seems to be the ads that cover the entire bottom of the screen and the cursor hovering over them. It did improve for a week but that's all.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Help... 2 months 2 weeks ago #3993932

  • sunnydippyday
  • sunnydippyday's Avatar
  • Offline
  • New Buzzer
  • New Buzzer
  • Posts: 11
  • Well said received: 10
  • Points: 64436
  • Honor Medal 2010
Is anyone else still having this problem? I am down to being a weekly visitor because of it. So far it's taken me 3 tabs to be able to even type a reply to a pm and now I've lost the reply.

As said before, I use Chrome and I don't want to change. Once the page has frozen it can't be refreshed, I get the unresponsive message, the problem started when the screenwide banner adverts started, it's been like this for months with, for me, no improvement.
The following user(s) said Well Said: macywack, Vienna

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Help... 2 months 2 weeks ago #3993935

  • Ivorbigwedge
  • Ivorbigwedge's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Senior Buzzer
  • Senior Buzzer
  • Posts: 54
  • Well said received: 91
  • Points: 76977
  • Honor Medal 2010

sunnydippyday wrote: Is anyone else still having this problem? I am down to being a weekly visitor because of it. So far it's taken me 3 tabs to be able to even type a reply to a pm and now I've lost the reply.

As said before, I use Chrome and I don't want to change. Once the page has frozen it can't be refreshed, I get the unresponsive message, the problem s

Yes,,still having massive problems with the "page unresponsive" issue and have had for weeks.

Reluctantly, I think it's time to think about finding a new site as the technical people seem unable to come up with a fix.

Shame, as I really like the site :ohmy:

The following user(s) said Well Said: macywack, sunnydippyday, Vienna

Please Log in to join the conversation.

A perfect martini should be made by filling a glass with gin, then waving it in the general direction of Italy.

Never argue with an idiot......they will drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.
Last edit: by Ivorbigwedge.

Help... 2 months 2 weeks ago #3993942

  • ReturningLace
  • ReturningLace's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Posts: 1200
  • Well said received: 572
  • Points: 61619
  • Honor Medal 2010
Just my two cents. How frustrating for those of you having issues.
How frustrating for the techs, looking to help and to resolve.

Ya know on other sites I visit and when viewing their "tech issues
and comments from their members" there literally are long lists of
things, some resolved, some never resolved. Members seemingly
do not know things like "clearing the cache" and depending on the
personal device they are using, at times, they know little about that
device. Or know little about their device settings, understandably it
takes time and interest to dive in and learn about it, and even then
it is not always an easy task for the person on their own device.

I use the word 'device' just meaning whatever they are using, tablet
laptop, pc, whatever...

One site I visit has some members sharing concerns and frustrations
and very similar to what some are sharing here. TheTech teams honestly
have no ways to correct many of these complaints, and when they do, it
ends up being the personal device the member is using that is the culprit,
not always, but much of the time.

I wish members here and the Tech Team all the best, so much to try and
address and resolve.

Happy Holidays with a smile.

Lace

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by ReturningLace.

Help... 2 months 2 weeks ago #3993943

  • Vienna
  • Vienna's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Posts: 763
  • Well said received: 972
  • Points: 198218
  • Honor Medal 2010

Ivorbigwedge wrote:

sunnydippyday wrote: Is anyone else still having this problem? I am down to being a weekly visitor because of it. So far it's taken me 3 tabs to be able to even type a reply to a pm and now I've lost the reply.

As said before, I use Chrome and I don't want to change. Once the page has frozen it can't be refreshed, I get the unresponsive message, the problem s

Yes,,still having massive problems with the "page unresponsive" issue and have had for weeks.

Reluctantly, I think it's time to think about finding a new site as the technical people seem unable to come up with a fix.

Shame, as I really like the site :ohmy:




Pleased to report other sites i am with, or any sites i visit, have no issues at all, so the problem appears to be with Buzz, hope this helps.
Maybe an update, or announcement from Mila would assure us that something is being done about the technical problems here on Buzz.

The following user(s) said Well Said: macywack, Ivorbigwedge

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Vienna.
Moderators: mikeMoonlitRoads63Pats
Time to create page: 0.442 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum

Over 50 forums just for seniors Join Free here!

Buzz50 is one of the few sites where the forums are strictly restricted to those who are over 50 only.

Our senior forums are run by over 50s purely for over 50s to enjoy. If you like serious or even light hearted discussions then this is the place for you.

Buzz50 uses cookies, by using the site, you agree to these cookies

Click the button below to hide this message: Learn more

I understand