TOPIC: Threads disappearing

Threads disappearing 1 year 2 months ago #3659754

• Pats
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Vienna wrote:

Pats wrote:

Vienna wrote:

Shadowman wrote: Sometimes threads hit upon the same or similar topic at about the same time.

The topics were completely different.
Other sites and forums usually ask the author of the thread if a merge is ok with them.

Buzz usually informs the thread starter when we merge or move their thread, Aida unfortunately didn’t have that, because for some strange reason, possibly a glitch, we don’t know how that one came to be merged.

I wasn't informed either..

We usually inform the starter of the thread we merge, so that they know where their thread is.

As I said, we don’t know how that thread came to be merged that’s why Aida wasn’t informed.
The topic has been locked.

Threads disappearing 1 year 2 months ago #3659755

• Vienna
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 859
  • Honor Medal 2010

Pats wrote:

Vienna wrote:

Pats wrote:

Vienna wrote:

Shadowman wrote: Sometimes threads hit upon the same or similar topic at about the same time.

Other sites and forums usually ask the author of the thread if a merge is ok with them.

Buzz usually informs the thread starter when we merge or move their thread, Aida unfortunately didn’t have that, because for some strange reason, possibly a glitch, we don’t know how that one came to be merged.

We usually inform the starter of the thread we merge, so that they know where their thread is.

As I said, we don’t know how that thread came to be merged that’s why Aida wasn’t informed.

I should have been informed as the author of the thread it was being merged with.
Merging two very different threads changes it completely.
I would have said no.

Threads disappearing 1 year 2 months ago #3659772

• Pats
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Vienna wrote:

Pats wrote:

Vienna wrote:

Pats wrote:

Vienna wrote:

I should have been informed as the author of the thread it was being merged with.
I would have said no.

We inform when a new thread has been moved or merged so the thread starter knows where it is.

This didn’t happen with Aida’s thread unfortunately, as the thread was mysteriously merged for some reason.

But once posted threads belong to the forum as per forum posting rule 5:

5. As Buzz is a private site, we reserve the right to delete, edit, lock, merge or move posts without warning;
Last edit: by Pats.

Threads disappearing 1 year 2 months ago #3659777

• Vienna
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Honor Medal 2010

Pats wrote:

Vienna wrote:

Pats wrote:

Vienna wrote:

Pats wrote:

Vienna wrote:

I would have said no.

We inform when a new thread has been moved or merged so the thread starter knows where it is.

This didn’t happen with Aida’s thread unfortunately, as the thread was mysteriously merged for some reason.

Once posted threads belong to the forum.

It is a matter of courtesy.

Threads disappearing 1 year 2 months ago #3659786

• Pats
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Vienna wrote:

Pats wrote:

Vienna wrote:

Pats wrote:

Vienna wrote:

Pats wrote:

Vienna wrote:

I would have said no.

Once posted threads belong to the forum.

It is a matter of courtesy.

It is a matter of courtesy to let a member know when their thread has been moved or merged.
We don’t inform if a thread has been added to either by merges or posts additions.

Now this thread appears to have been derailed from its origin of answering one members query.

So, if you have questions about the moderation of Buzz then follow the instructions in the forum posting rule below.

8. If you have a complaint, comment or question about the moderation, admins or moderators of Buzz50, please do not start a thread or make a post on the site, instead, email This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. and your complaints will be dealt with swiftly.
(amended July16, 2018)

Threads disappearing 1 year 2 months ago #3659810

• Vienna
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Honor Medal 2010
No intention to derail of course my query is genuine and per topic...."Threads disappearing"..

Threads disappearing 1 year 2 months ago #3659817

• Pats
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Vienna wrote: No intention to derail of course my query is genuine and per topic...."Threads disappearing"..

Being as the OP now knows where her thread had mysteriously disappeared to, and that the mystery has been partially solved, we can count the matter concluded and this thread is now closed.

Thank you.

Pats. admin.
Last edit: by Pats.
  • Page:
Moderators: mikeMoonlitRoads63Pats
Time to create page: 0.055 seconds