TOPIC: Drones ....

Drones .... 10 months 3 weeks ago #3889177

• R u e
  • R u e's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1415
  • Honor Medal 2010
I got a gift for my Birthday in November from my Kids , was I surprised , Yep, I was, looks like I have a new hobby to keep me busy, perhaps I was getting under their feet smile.png , I'm looking forward to the summer to make more Videos, in the meantime, anyone need their guttering checked ..lol.. I was amazed how easy it is to fly too ... Roll on, summer ...

Mavic Mini, First time flying

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Drones .... 10 months 3 weeks ago #3889193

• GerryM
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Well said received: 285
  • Honor Medal 2010
I have an older Mavic. I have not had mine out in a long while, but its sure fun to take off and land automatically. The camera is 4k I believe. I have more trouble with my phones to pair up. Its always something. Enjoy your drone
The following user(s) said Well Said: R u e

Drones .... 10 months 3 weeks ago #3889238

• Bruce
  • Expert Buzzer
  • Expert Buzzer
  • Well said received: 539
  • Honor Medal 2010
Do you need a licence for those kind of drone?
I know there is many rules for different weights of drones.

My son had one for a gift from his older brother and the final words about it were to his brother don't fly it in the house makes sure you know what you are doing before letting it go flying off.
First time he set it up he was sitting at the kitchen table, And of course because he is a hampton he had to try it and smash in to the sealing and then the wall and then the floor bits flying off everywhere!!

RETIRED WITH GRACE

Drones .... 10 months 3 weeks ago #3889241

• GerryM
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Honor Medal 2010
Sport flying of small drones requires no personal license. Bigger drones or for commercial use yes. Your drone needs an FAA registration number on the drone. There are so many federal, state, and local laws you better do your research before flying.
This the US.

Drones .... 10 months 3 weeks ago #3889435

• Robin
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 346
  • Honor Medal 2010
I've had a drone for years, use it mostly to check the fence line, or look for missing sheep. Mine, if it gets out of range or low on power it comes back and lands on it own. I have to set up the return location in it memory before i fly. I've only wrecked it once when the gate closed when it was coming back one time.

The feds said they wanted them registered then decided against it.

Drones .... 10 months 3 weeks ago #3889443

• caretaker
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Well said received: 245
  • Honor Medal 2010
I have a cheep one and tried it in the garden gave up after 5 foot high now in a draw after 2 years.

I love my spell checker.
Have a nice day to one and all.

Drones .... 10 months 3 weeks ago #3889451

• GerryM
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Honor Medal 2010
The recreational UAS still has to be registered with the FAA. Many choose not to, not sure how you could get in trouble other than lose it and try to reclaim it from someone?

www.faa.gov/uas/recreational_flyers

Have a current FAA registration, mark (PDF) your drones on the outside with the registration number, and carry proof of registration with you when flying.
Note: Beginning September 16, 2023, if your drone requires an FAA registration number it will be also required to broadcast Remote ID information.

Drones .... 10 months 3 weeks ago #3889452

• GerryM
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Honor Medal 2010
The recreational UAS still has to be registered with the FAA. Many choose not to, not sure how you could get in trouble other than lose it and try to reclaim it from someone?

Have a current FAA registration, mark (PDF) your drones on the outside with the registration number, and carry proof of registration with you when flying.
Note: Beginning September 16, 2023, if your drone requires an FAA registration number it will be also required to broadcast Remote ID information.

Drones .... 10 months 3 weeks ago #3889456

• R u e
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Honor Medal 2010

GerryM wrote: The recreational UAS still has to be registered with the FAA. Many choose not to, not sure how you could get in trouble other than lose it and try to reclaim it from someone?

So good you posted it twice, wink.png
Those rules are already in the uk, £10 to register as the owner for one year , but free to take the simple 40 question test to fly that lasts 5 years .. Even the small drones like mine as long as it has a camera .
There are good advantages with the smaller drones though that are not available to the larger ones , so i'm happy about that. Although they did take the follow me off the mavic mini for some reason ...

UK register and rules here Flying drones and model aircraft

Drones .... 10 months 3 weeks ago #3889460

• R u e
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Honor Medal 2010

caretaker wrote: I have a cheep one and tried it in the garden gave up after 5 foot high now in a draw after 2 years.

:lol: :lol: i had one of those caretaker , it took off OK then suddenly took off over my house, i found it in the middle of the road , quite a distance away ... it soon got binned ..lol.. These Dji Mavic mini's are the real deal ..
The following user(s) said Well Said: GerryM

Moderators: mikePatsMoonlitRoads63
Time to create page: 0.079 seconds