TOPIC: Site and forum rules
Site and forum rules 9 years 11 months ago #1980328
Please follow these terms, conditions and rules and we should all enjoy Buzz50
Buzz50 is a free private site intended to be a welcoming and friendly place for over 50s to chat and make friends.
You can Contact Buzz50 through the contact link at the bottom of every page on our site
Terms and Conditions of Buzz50 (Updated 06/07/2019)
1. This is an over 50s site. You must be 50 years old or older to join;
2. Registered names and email addresses must be true and valid; anonymous memberships are not allowed and you may be asked to verify your identity to admin, if requested. Buzz50 does its best to be a safe and secure site for all our members.
3. Inappropriate user names or inappropriate profile pictures are not allowed. Profile photos and usernames are publicly visible and will show on any shared posts and videos.
Profile photos should not be of another person. (added 09/09/2017)
3a:Only one username change per member permitted providing the member has a valid reason for doing so.
4. No member advertising or soliciting permitted on the site
5. No duplicate memberships. Only one membership is allowed unless approved by admin. Duplicate memberships will result in the removal and banning of that member. If you have a friend or partner using your computer or IP address then please inform admin.
6. You cannot delete your membership of Buzz50 but you can delete all the details from your profile page. If you would like your profile page removed as well then please email any member of admin and we will do it for you as soon as possible
6a: Members requesting to leave Buzz50 must wait 14 days before returning.
Attempting to return before the 14 days duration will result in termination of membership.
7. With some exceptions, posts, photos and other activities you add to Buzz50 cannot be deleted. This is because it would break the thread of the site's activities;
8. We reserve the right to delete, lock, merge or move posts without warning;
9. Buzz50 is a private site and we reserve the right to refuse or terminate membership without warning;
10. If your post or topic gets deleted than read the rules and see if you can work out why. If you can't and you do it again then you run the risk of having your FREE membership withdrawn;
11. Moderators and admins will first let you know by PM of any rules that are broken, If same rules are still broken, admins will send three written formal warnings followed by a suspension of 7 days up to one month, if nothing changes member will be banned from Buzz50. If circumstances warrant it, we can suspend without warning.
12. Your IP address may be recorded to assist with keeping our site safe. Anonymous IP addresses or the use of a 'Proxy' or VPN to hide your IP address is not permitted.
13. Sending contact details away from Buzz50 within the first 48 hours will usually indicate that the member is a scammer and your membership may be blocked.
14. No photos of children as profile photos please.
15. Any member who has been inactive for more than 3 months will have their account deleted. Should member wish to rejoin Buzz50, they certainly can.
(Added July 16, 2018)
16. Pictures in profile Galleries must not exceed 12.
Members having more than 12 photos in their profile galleries will have the excess photos removed.
This is in order to avoid a server overload. (Added July 21, 2018) Gallery pictures must also be appropriate.
17: The 1 2 1 Community Chat facility is only available by subscription of £5 per annum.
17a: Any monies paid to Buzz50 are non-refundable. (added 06/07/2019)
Rules – Posting on the Forums
1. All posts must be legal and decent and no swearing allowed;
2. No “Hijacking” of others posts - If you want to change the subject, start your own thread;
3. Please remember to address the topic not the poster, as deliberate attacks on other Buzzers may lead to a suspension of membership;
4. No starting of threads that are an obvious criticism of another Buzzer. Any criticisms should be sent to a member of admin and they will review the issue;
5. No individuals should be identified in such a way as to cause upset or concern.
5a. Hate speech will not be tolerated on Buzz and in particular with regards to racism, gender orientation, or religion.
(added 24th September 2015)
(amended July16, 2018)
7. Any potentially controversial or argumentative posts should be put in the Controversial Topics Forum.
8. All videos loaded to Buzz50 must have the URL Tags when posting, non-compliance will result in post removal.
(added Sept 5th. 2018)
Rules – Chatrooms
1. All chat must be respectable, decent and no swearing is allowed;
2. No individuals should be identified in such a way as to cause upset or concern;
3. No attacking of other chatters - those that do will be immediately suspended;
4. No soliciting or advertising is permitted in chatrooms;
6. Hate speech will not be tolerated on Buzz and in particular with regards to racism, gender orientation, or religion.
(added 24th September 2015)
7. Music videos to be posted in the Music Room only.
(rule added 13/10/2019)
The following user(s) said Well Said: smilesrus10, pascalou, Pats and 5 other people also said thanks.
Head Buzzer !
We have an amazing over 50 senior friendship and dating service that is worth a try!
Mila and I did!
Last edit: by Pats.
The topic has been locked.
Over 50 forums just for seniors Join Free here!
Buzz50 is one of the few sites where the forums are strictly restricted to those who are over 50 only.
Our senior forums are run by over 50s purely for over 50s to enjoy. If you like serious or even light hearted discussions then this is the place for you.