• Page:

TOPIC: Sudden frightening eye problem

Sudden frightening eye problem 2 months 3 days ago #3877423

• Cook73
  • Cook73's Avatar Topic Author
  • New Buzzer
  • New Buzzer
  • Well said received: 7
This morning, I had a very frightening eye problem. As I walked into the kitchen, suddenly my eyes went BADLY out of focus and I saw MULTIPLE IMAGES. This upset me so much that my heart started racing. (No, I was not drinking or using any drugs). This condition lasted only perhaps 25-35 seconds , and then returned to normal.

I never even heard of any such thing. If you have heard of it or even experienced it, what was it called ?
The following user(s) said Well Said: Bruce

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Sudden frightening eye problem 2 months 3 days ago #3877425

• Bruce
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1414
  • Honor Medal 2010
Get it checked by a GP soon as, The eyes playing tricks on us could be a number of things from lack of sleep right over to a mini stroke!

Don't want to scare you but as with anything health wise you are unsure of get it checked.
If you are in the UK ring 111 and ask their advice, they are the professionals.

RETIRED WITH GRACE

Sudden frightening eye problem 2 months 3 days ago #3877434

• Pats
  • Admin
  • Admin
  • Well said received: 1567
  • Honor Medal 2010

Cook73 wrote: This morning, I had a very frightening eye problem. As I walked into the kitchen, suddenly my eyes went BADLY out of focus and I saw MULTIPLE IMAGES. This upset me so much that my heart started racing. (No, I was not drinking or using any drugs). This condition lasted only perhaps 25-35 seconds , and then returned to normal.

I never even heard of any such thing. If you have heard of it or even experienced it, what was it called ?

Diplopia or double vision.

The first thing to do if you suddenly experience double vision is not to panic.
This can be down to something fairly minor, for example, stress or simply fatigue. However, it can also be a sign of a more serious condition
See your Ophthalmologist …..they are qualified to deal with these issues.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Keeper, Aida

Happy to help.
Last edit: by Pats.

Sudden frightening eye problem 2 months 3 days ago #3877444

• Jane R
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 337
  • Honor Medal 2010
I had an instance of double vision last year, it came out of the blue and didn't last long and thankfully has not come back. if it happens again perhaps you should visit your GP for a check up.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Cook73

Sudden frightening eye problem 2 months 3 days ago #3877500

• sciguy18
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 832
  • Honor Medal 2010
I would agree with the others who say it may be an isolated incident or may be something else. If you seem okay now, perhaps just bring it up next time you see the doctor. If you’re concerned about, of course, certainly go to the doctor now.

Sudden frightening eye problem 2 months 3 days ago #3877515

• Cook73
  • Cook73's Avatar Topic Author
  • New Buzzer
  • New Buzzer
  • Well said received: 7
It has now been 9 hours since this mornings incident and I am fine. It only lasted 25-30 seconds or so.
It was frightening because I thought that it was a stroke or some reason why blood was not getting to my brain.
I have spent some time looking it up and "double vision" is often merely a once in a blue moon occurrence.

Sudden frightening eye problem 2 months 2 days ago #3877555

• Pats
  • Admin
  • Admin
  • Well said received: 1567
  • Honor Medal 2010

Cook73 wrote: It has now been 9 hours since this mornings incident and I am fine. It only lasted 25-30 seconds or so.
It was frightening because I thought that it was a stroke or some reason why blood was not getting to my brain.
I have spent some time looking it up and "double vision" is often merely a once in a blue moon occurrence.

Yes it ‘often’ is.
But get your eyes checked asap to be on the safe side.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Bruce

Happy to help.

Sudden frightening eye problem 2 months 1 day ago #3878061

• Indiana Joe
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Cook73 wrote: This morning, I had a very frightening eye problem. As I walked into the kitchen, suddenly my eyes went BADLY out of focus and I saw MULTIPLE IMAGES. This upset me so much that my heart started racing. (No, I was not drinking or using any drugs). This condition lasted only perhaps 25-35 seconds , and then returned to normal.

You better dang well get to a eye doc IMMEDIATELY. What you could be experiencing is a problem that could lead to blindness if not treated soon enough.

Don't screw around with your eyesight. Get to an eye doc.

• Page:
Moderators: mikePatsMoonlitRoads63
Time to create page: 0.072 seconds