TOPIC: Mucus

Mucus 1 month 2 weeks ago #3837529

• man of kent
  • man of kent's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Buzzer
  • Senior Buzzer
  • Well said received: 103
  • Honor Medal 2010
I have mucus in chest & nose. The hot weather seem to make it worse - I have some yellow thinning capsules,
to take - Can antibiotics help to clear the mucus better. Our gardener has mucus - he takes one tablet a day,
He is half my age & can work all day - Is there any tests at a hospital - they can make, to ease my problem.
Ps - I have C.O.P.D. also

Please Log in to join the conversation.

MAGPIE.-- the bird

Mucus 1 month 2 weeks ago #3837541

• RichardA
  • Away
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 517
  • Honor Medal 2010
I have COPD and Asthma and had problems with mucus...antibiotics will help if there is an infection causing excess mucus production....get that checked out first.
I use a device that clears mucus effectively....drug free and simple to use.
A search online will reveal several devices that may be of some help.
Good luck
The following user(s) said Well Said: man of kent

Mucus 1 month 2 weeks ago #3837547

• Aida
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1120
  • Honor Medal 2010
I use a device that is a hand held breathing device that is described as a lung exerciser. I have had if for a long time. I got it on line.
I have never smoked but worked for years in an office in an old building where many of my colleagues smoked. The device helps me if I get mucus in the upper respiratory tract.
The following user(s) said Well Said: man of kent, RichardA

It’s okay not to be okay.
Last edit: by Aida.

Mucus 2 weeks 3 days ago #3849184

• imosel
  • Expert Buzzer
  • Expert Buzzer
  • Well said received: 150
  • Honor Medal 2010

RichardA wrote: I have COPD and Asthma and had problems with mucus...antibiotics will help if there is an infection causing excess mucus production....get that checked out first.
I use a device that clears mucus effectively....drug free and simple to use.
A search online will reveal several devices that may be of some help.
Good luck

I suffer from COPD and a lot of mucus mainly in my throat, my doctor just did an xray which found my heart a normal size, it seems that with COPD your lungs get bigger and heart can get smaller.

Have tried a nebulizer with hypertonic saline solution, am not sure that it did anything, the process is time consuming, the machine is very noisy, I wear noise cancelling head phones.... very useful.

Regarding these mucus clearing devices, I have seen them advertised and always thought they were just a gimmick, interesting that you found them so useful. The NHS web site does not mention them, a search online gives many different ones, the reviews vary enormously, so I am just undecided, I want to give a go...would try anything really.

Can any of you Buzzers please give me some more feedback on these devices? A particular make that you tried?
apparently some are for lung strengthening and some do that and mucus clearing too.
Thanks.

Treasure the moments that you have, savour them for as long as you can, for they will never come back again.
  • Page:
Moderators: mikePatsMoonlitRoads63
Time to create page: 0.063 seconds