Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Back conditions, and anything about them.

Back conditions, and anything about them. 2 months 3 weeks ago #3821035

• QuinTSensual
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 862
  • Honor Medal 2010
Shiver me Timbers. "Back Pain" The devil in disguise.
In another world long gone. Hit by the shock wave of an explosion. Fractured pelvic platform. Invasive surgery not an option. With the brilliance of RNH. Derriford, Brace and Recuperative healing by way of Injections, inducing a faster, more rapid than natural. Silicification and Calcification.
Although any vigorous exercise/activity was a No no. A degree of physical normality enjoyed for several decades.
Fast forward to 12yrs ago. Sudden, for no readily apparent reason, diagnosed as. Degenerative Disc Disease.
The NHS as stymied as myself! Nothing beneficial offered other than a basketful of Pharma. Gels, ever increasing potency Ibuprofen, Co-codamol. And a morphine injection, on falling and rupturing the Coccyx. [NB. That's the 'one' to the rear. :laugh: ]

In truth, the most invaluable is Self Reliance a well dusted PMA. and recognising there are others far worse off
Something easily achieved, on watching a TV documentary.
Where a lovely 5yo girl, lying in Hospital dangerously ill. Her parents bedside, holding back tears. She managed to turned to them and whispered.
"Don't cry Mummy. 'Everything' will be alright". :xxx:
The following user(s) said Well Said: AntiqueLace

Please Log in to join the conversation.

"Out of the Eyes and Words of Children. We 'May', be best Known."

Back conditions, and anything about them. 2 months 3 weeks ago #3821072

• AntiqueLace
  • AntiqueLace's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 643
  • Honor Medal 2010

QuinTSensual wrote: Shiver me Timbers. "Back Pain" The devil in disguise.
In another world long gone. Hit by the shock wave of an explosion. Fractured pelvic platform. Invasive surgery not an option. With the brilliance of RNH. Derriford, Brace and Recuperative healing by way of Injections, inducing a faster, more rapid than natural. Silicification and Calcification.
Although any vigorous exercise/activity was a No no. A degree of physical normality enjoyed for several decades.
Fast forward to 12yrs ago. Sudden, for no readily apparent reason, diagnosed as. Degenerative Disc Disease.
The NHS as stymied as myself! Nothing beneficial offered other than a basketful of Pharma. Gels, ever increasing potency Ibuprofen, Co-codamol. And a morphine injection, on falling and rupturing the Coccyx. [NB. That's the 'one' to the rear. :laugh: ]

In truth, the most invaluable is Self Reliance a well dusted PMA. and recognising there are others far worse off
Something easily achieved, on watching a TV documentary.
Where a lovely 5yo girl, lying in Hospital dangerously ill. Her parents bedside, holding back tears. She managed to turned to them and whispered.
"Don't cry Mummy. 'Everything' will be alright". :xxx:

Quint, OUCH! yep, we each have our things, we sure do ;) Yes, the Coccyx, falling on that and rupturing is painful, that is for sure :(
The following user(s) said Well Said: QuinTSensual

Back conditions, and anything about them. 2 months 3 weeks ago #3821103

• MoonlitRoads63
  • Well said received: 815
  • Honor Medal 2010
I have a suspect back due to a work injury 20 years ago. As long as I'm sensible and not forced to do the type of work that aggravates it, it doesn't trouble me. I have recently discovered I have a bulge in one of my discs. Normal wear and tear for my age apparently and it doesn't trouble me.

Time waits for no one...
...and it won't wait for me

Back conditions, and anything about them. 2 months 3 weeks ago #3821116

• sciguy18
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 954
  • Honor Medal 2010
I’ve had back problems since 1980. The cause was unknown, but believed to be due to a rear end collision (yes, with my vehicle).

It manifested as severe low back pain and sciatica (burning pain in the butt radiating down the back of the leg). Was laid up and n the hospital for two weeks.

They wanted to remove bulging discs, fuse vertebrae and insert screws/pins/rods. I declined and sought out therapy instead.

My lower back still gets sore if I sit too long, but at least I’m not in constant pain...

Back conditions, and anything about them. 2 months 3 weeks ago #3821288

• Aida
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1120
  • Honor Medal 2010
My joint pain as a result of arthritis spoiled our travel plans for retirement. We are not that old so it is annoying.
We moved to a bungalow, I treated myself to a riser recliner , had the bath removed and replaced with a double shower and raised toilet .
My husband developed a heart problem so the adjustments to our home work for him too. We do what we can to make out lives easier.
The following user(s) said Well Said: QuinTSensual

It’s okay not to be okay.
Last edit: by Aida.

Back conditions, and anything about them. 1 month 3 weeks ago #3834812

• kb0000
  • Junior Buzzer
  • Junior Buzzer
  • Well said received: 8
Key to curing chronic lower back pain was research done in the late 1970s by an engineer at Pitt. Even today, I have never met a medical person who knows that chronic lower back pain was cured 50 years ago by a non-medical guy.

I was also one of the back pain patients in the first study of the effect of acupuncture on back pain that was published in a USA medical journal-- acupuncture worked.

What to do
#1 put Sorbathane under your heels for every waking hour. (This is the Pitt solution, but it can take 2 years to work; 100% cure rate. You can speed recovery up with #2-4)
#2 Wear shoes with Vibram soles.
#3 Acupuncture
#4 Join a gym. Have the trainer show you the exercises for upper and lower back muscles.
A possible caution: the Pitt studies used college kids. Not clear whether the treatment works for all back pain or only for chronic back pain that starts pretty early in adulthood.

Last edit: by kb0000.
  • Page:
Moderators: mikePatsMoonlitRoads63
Time to create page: 0.069 seconds