TOPIC: Pardon friends, convict opponents

Pardon friends, convict opponents 1 month 2 weeks ago #3404378

• Annette
  • Annette's Avatar Topic Author
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 4016
  • Honor Medal 2010
The republicans have quite a lot to answer for now trump just appointed himself America's judge and jury.

Since the republicans gave trump carte blanche ithe whole justice system in the US is laying on its back, waiting to die.

War criminals, racist sheriffs, white collar criminals, drugesmugglers and -dealers...pardoned by this person.

Blagojevich, a Democrat, was impeached and removed from office in 2009 for corruption, and was later indicted on multiple corruption charges. And pardoned by trump.

Milken pleaded guilty in 1990 to racketeering and securities fraud charges and became the face of the 1980s insider trading scandal. He was originally sentenced to 10 years in prison and fined $600 million.
Pardoned by trump.

David Safavian, the former chief of staff at the Government Services Administration who was convicted of obstructing an investigation into a trip he took with a lobbyist.
Now pardoned by trump.

Judith Negron, now 48 years old, was sent to prison for aiding in a $200 million fraud case in what was then the country’s biggest mental health billing racket, a 35-year sentence

Crystal Munoz, 15 years for smuggling drugs across the US/Mexico border.

Tynice Nichole Hall was sentenced to 18 years for drugs dealing.

Paul Pogue was accused of underpaying his taxes for three years by 10%

Bernard Kerik, who was NYPD commissioner under former New York Mayor and current Trump attorney, Rudy Giuliani. Kerik had served about three years for tax fraud and lying to the White House during interviews for him to become Homeland Security secretary.

According to the ACLU’s original analysis, marijuana arrests now account for over half of all drug arrests in the United States. Of the 8.2 million marijuana arrests between 2001 and 2010, 88% were for simply having marijuana. Nationwide, the arrest data revealed one consistent trend: significant racial bias. Despite roughly equal usage rates, Blacks are 3.73 times more likely than whites to be arrested for marijuana.
And trump pardons the big drug smugglers and dealers....

What is this country coming to?

Seems it is all about who licks himself into the good favour of the president, to be able to do what one wants.

Two faced is not enough, this guy has more faces than the flag has stars.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

LEAVER DEA AS SLAEF !
Last edit: by Annette.

Pardon friends, convict opponents 1 month 2 weeks ago #3404645

• angelproxy
  • Expert Buzzer
  • Expert Buzzer
  • Well said received: 97
If you look at what those people were convicted for, Trump sees himself in them. It's a mental thing--he is trying to save himself.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Annette, Shadowman

Pardon friends, convict opponents 1 month 2 weeks ago #3404649

• Shadowman
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1128
  • Honor Medal 2010
I wonder what a clemency or pardon cost a convicted felon these days.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Annette

"I’m not upset that you lied to me, I’m upset that from now on I can’t believe you." Nietzsche

Pardon friends, convict opponents 1 month 2 weeks ago #3404764

• Corvette
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 749
  • Honor Medal 2010
Since all the presidents pardon a lot of people ,there are always bad feelings why it is done. I wonder if
it is done with the idea of some type kick back after they leave office. This could be how the X presidents
got so rich after leaving office.

Pardon friends, convict opponents 1 month 2 weeks ago #3404806

• hcf3sf
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 998
  • Honor Medal 2010
There are times when the Presidential Pardon is worthwhile, such as when Ford pardoned Nixon. Others are good too, when the president believes that someone has put in the time and atoned for their crime. Many of Trump's have been horrible. I also really disliked it when he gave the Presidential Medal of Freedom to Rush Limbaugh.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Annette, Shadowman

Blessings,
Harry
  • Page:
Moderators: mike
Time to create page: 0.075 seconds