Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Trump's Plan to Criminalize Homelessness Is Taking Shape

Trump's Plan to Criminalize Homelessness Is Taking Shape 2 months 4 weeks ago #3379089

• Vegemite Kid
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 9692
  • Honor Medal 2010

After I left my first wife I spent 2 weeks sleeping rough, Yes I was still working but I wouldn't burden myself on friends and families who already have enough going on in their lives so after I finished work I was on the street bag on back and get on with it. My ivory tower has come from me sorting my problems out and working my butt off for near 40 years until I decided I had had enough and retired.
As for if only it was that easy Well I can see no reason what so ever as to why drug users and alcoholics cannot or do not go and get help I see only excuses and that doesn't wash with me, We may never agree and that is ok I would not try and force my opinion on to someone as to change their mind it is just my opinion I am quoting.
As I said before there is many homeless people society needs to help but if the Drug users and alcoholics refuse the help then they should be moved off the streets to where I don't know but they shouldn't be allowed to doss in shop doorways and pester people for money for their next fix they are a nuisance and I am glad I live in an area where it isn't tolerated and any homeless people on the town are offered help and taken to shelters and charities who will help them out but if they walk out the shelters and think they are going back to the same streets begging they are moved on rapidly.

You slept rough for 2 weeks, were not unemployed - that is your experience of homelessness and poverty - and now you are an expert on every homeless person's situation and on how easy it is to break addictions. :unsure:

Yes move them on - to somewhere, just NIMBY :S
The topic has been locked.

Trump's Plan to Criminalize Homelessness Is Taking Shape 2 months 4 weeks ago #3379112

• grahamg
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1962
  • Honor Medal 2010

Vegemite Kid wrote:
Realist, you seem fond of saying anyone is naive and wrong whenever they do not agree with you. :unsure:

I support there being services to help people - I do not support arresting people and forcing them anywhere because it is convenient for us.

It would be a truism to say that everyone on the planet must be naive at some point, because no one can know everything, or be wise all the time. .

At the same time it can be a device used to gain advantage. .

Rounding people up "because they deserve it" is some peoples cup of tea, but a harsh society (didn't some country once think sending convicted criminals abroad might solve our crime, but didn't?). :unsure: . I wonder if this same practise has been tried in harsher countries genera!my like Russia, or if they have humane policies towards those falling by the wayside?

Trump's Plan to Criminalize Homelessness Is Taking Shape 2 months 4 weeks ago #3379114

• KayyGee
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 3756
  • Honor Medal 2010

grahamg wrote:

Vegemite Kid wrote:
Realist, you seem fond of saying anyone is naive and wrong whenever they do not agree with you. :unsure:

I support there being services to help people - I do not support arresting people and forcing them anywhere because it is convenient for us.

It would be a truism to say that everyone on the planet must be naive at some point, because no one can know everything, or be wise all the time. .

Rounding people up "because they deserve it" is some peoples cup of tea, but a harsh society (didn't some country once think sending convicted criminals abroad might solve our crime, but didn't?). :unsure: . I wonder if this same practise has been tried in harsher countries genera!my like Russia, or if they have humane policies towards those falling by the wayside?

I'm betting there will be a reply that suggests your wrong about your first statement. wink.png :laugh: :laugh:

As for Russian homelessness, they have the same problem as every other country, it exists, thought they did expend huge resources in the lead up the the 2018 World Cup to move it away from the public eye. A combination of new homeless shelters and "voluntary" relocations, so the same ideas the rest of us have.

The weather takes care of a lot of the public homelessness driving it literally underground for large portions of the year.
The following user(s) said Well Said: grahamg

Trump's Plan to Criminalize Homelessness Is Taking Shape 2 months 4 weeks ago #3379118

• Vegemite Kid
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 9692
  • Honor Medal 2010

grahamg wrote:

Vegemite Kid wrote:

Yes it would be a truism..

It wouldn't be true that those who are naive and wrong are always those who don't agree with Realist though

( or with me or you or anyone else, of course)

Trump's Plan to Criminalize Homelessness Is Taking Shape 2 months 4 weeks ago #3379267

• Pats
  • Admin
  • Admin
  • Well said received: 10716
  • Honor Medal 2010
This thread has gone way beyond the topic of ‘Trump's Plan to Criminalize Homelessness Is Taking Shape’ and is now getting personal.

Therefore it will now be locked.

Thank you.

Pats. admin.
Happy to help.
Moderators: mike
Time to create page: 0.080 seconds