Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: President Trump's opponents in 2020

President Trump's opponents in 2020 1 month 3 weeks ago #3400351

• Annette
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 4016
  • Honor Medal 2010

Serena77 wrote: It is very clear to me as certainly it is to everyone. There is no need to elaborate further. I will not answer your questions on demand, neither am I obliged to.

Sometimes silence is golden ;-)

But I suppose it is clear to all that the republican party has messed up big time, and that their leader has carte blanche now to do whatever pleases him - the next step to a dictator-ship.

I suppose it is well known to everybody that in January 2020, the public debt of the United States was around 23.2 trillion U.S. dollars, over 1.2 trillion more than a year earlier and four times more than it did in 2000, when the national debt stood at around $5 trillion.

Of course it is well know to everybody that in 2016, trump ran on a campaign aimed at eliminating the national debt within eight years. In reality, the Trump budget has actually added $1.9 trillion. According to Trump’s 2020 budget estimates, the U.S. debt is set to increase to at least $29 trillion.

And before all, the next president (except of course some sad day will see the light and trump is re-elected) will be criticized by trump-fans because there is no way around it that the citizens will have to pay for the enormous spending trump did.
If trump will be staying on of course his fans will say nothing, just hold on to their purses and be silent.
Because if their Great Idol asks for the shirt of their back they will gladly give it to him.

We have seen this happen before, and we probably see it again: the Great Mogul speaks, and the peasants do whatever it is he wants them to do.
Even if it costs many lives.
The following user(s) said Well Said: altshovel, Mary Mary

Please Log in to join the conversation.

LEAVER DEA AS SLAEF !
Last edit: by pascalou. Reason: singling out of member removed

President Trump's opponents in 2020 1 month 3 weeks ago #3402238

• pascalou
  • Well said received: 7458
  • Honor Medal 2010

Corvette wrote: Does it look like the person with the money will push the others away? I hope the best one for the
job gets a chance to go for it. I wonder how it would be done if they all had to do it with the same
amount of money they could get? If that happened I think they would all be mad at each other from
day one.

In France it is the case. There is a quota imposed for the funding of the political campaign any extra money spent could send you to jail for cheating and making an unfair campaign.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Annette, altshovel, Shadowman

Smile to life and life will smile back at you.

President Trump's opponents in 2020 1 month 2 weeks ago #3405370

• Corvette
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 749
  • Honor Medal 2010
In the debate on 2/19/2020 ,why are people saying Trump won the debate? I was sorry to see they did
not get any real questions about what is really happening. What will they do if none of them have enough
votes. I am still waiting for the answer to that question.

President Trump's opponents in 2020 1 month 2 weeks ago #3405455

• MondayOptimist
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 353
  • Honor Medal 2010

Corvette wrote: In the debate on 2/19/2020 ,why are people saying Trump won the debate? I was sorry to see they did not get any real questions about what is really happening. What will they do if none of them have enough votes. I am still waiting for the answer to that question.

www.businessinsider.com/how-democratic-n...process-works-2020-1
the minimum threshold to earn delegates is 15% of the vote.

As long as someone breaks 15 percent either statewide or in at least one district, they get delegates from that state to bring to the convention.

With such a crowded 2020 field, a number of candidates will inevitably fail to meet the delegate targets.

If someone wants to stop running for president at any point during the process, the delegates that they've earned — who are real people — can either be told to support a rival candidate or released to vote for whomever.

At the Democratic convention, a candidate will actually be nominated when a simple majority of 1,991 out of 3,979 total pledged delegates support a given candidate.

But what if no clear majority of delegates back one candidate?
This is called a "brokered convention" and is pretty unlikely, despite the size of the field.

In this kind of hypothetical split convention scenario, automatic delegates, previously known as "superdelegates," would enter the fray to break the deadlock and select a candidate if there is still no clear majority after the second ballot.

Anyone who is a Member of Congress, former President or House Speaker, Governor, or DNC member would become a delegate with voting abilities to help split the tie.

Much more info at website above.

Passive- aggressive behavior - Manipulative and deceptive aggression. Nothing passive about it.
Last edit: by MondayOptimist.

President Trump's opponents in 2020 1 month 2 weeks ago #3405752

• KayyGee
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 3755
  • Honor Medal 2010

Corvette wrote: In the debate on 2/19/2020 ,why are people saying Trump won the debate? I was sorry to see they did
not get any real questions about what is really happening. What will they do if none of them have enough
votes. I am still waiting for the answer to that question.

Perhaps this will explain it for you, it's long and bit complicated:

DNC Convention Rules

A summary as I understand it suggests it works like this:

There are generally two classes of "delegates" to the convention, these are the people who actually vote for and select the nominee at the Convention. There are ordinary (Pledged) delegates, these are the people that the candidates are vying for as they go from State to State at this stage in the process, a candidate needs 1991 Pledged Delegates to win the nominee on the first ballot at the Convention, if no-one has the required 1991 then the ballot goes into a second round and the Convention becomes a "Brokered Convention" and the candidates have to lobby for support and attempt to persuade delegates to switch their votes, this is repeated until one candidate crosses the threshold.

However, after the first ballot a second class of Delegate enters the fray, the "Super Delegates" called Automatic Delegates, these are selected within the Democrat Party outside of the State Ballots, they are normally establishment people which is why Bernie is so annoyed by them. Their role is to break any deadlock and select a nominee who best fits with the "Parties" assessment of a successful challenger to the Incumbent. Once the Super Delegates become active the threshold to win becomes 2735.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Mary Mary

Last edit: by KayyGee.

President Trump's opponents in 2020 1 month 2 weeks ago #3406055

• MondayOptimist
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 353
  • Honor Medal 2010
If Bernie Sanders is annoyed with the superdelegates, he has a good reason:
In 2016, superdelegates announced early on, support for Hillary, giving the appearance that the party was
supporting her.

Rule change for 2020: Superdelegates can no longer vote on the 1st ballot ''... unless there is no doubt about the outcome." www.270towin.com/content/superdelegate-r...emocratic-nomination

Passive- aggressive behavior - Manipulative and deceptive aggression. Nothing passive about it.
Last edit: by MondayOptimist.

President Trump's opponents in 2020 3 weeks 3 days ago #3421593

• Corvette
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 749
  • Honor Medal 2010
The way things are begetting to go in different directions , there is still a chance someone else could get in
and take the needed votes. In order to get the right number of votes, they may have to make up some
new rules. We all know that could happen.

Moderators: mike
Time to create page: 0.099 seconds