Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Discuss, debate and exchange opinions on issues that are of a serious nature.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Nursery in Torquay closed

Nursery in Torquay closed 1 week 1 day ago #3341791

• Lorna Doone
  • Lorna Doone's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Well said received: 221
Families of little children attending a nursery in Torquay have been advised that their children as young as 2 years old may have been subject to sexual assault. After an accusation by one child, police have studied hours of cctv recordings and believe that there appears to be several other incidents of children being abused.
The accused is a teenage male employee, he is on bail and has been moved for his own protection.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Nursery in Torquay closed 1 week 1 day ago #3341796

• Pats
  • Away
  • Admin
  • Admin
  • Well said received: 9997
  • Honor Medal 2010

Happy to help.

Nursery in Torquay closed 1 week 1 day ago #3341798

• Aida
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 8023
  • Honor Medal 2010
Not again ! A teenager too.

A nation's greatness is measured by how it treats its weakest members.

Nursery in Torquay closed 1 week 1 day ago #3341907

• JUJO
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 2944
  • Honor Medal 2010
Heartbreaking, innocent children.

No home is complete without the pitter patter of kitty feet.

Nursery in Torquay closed 1 week 1 day ago #3341965

• Davenorave
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1822
  • Honor Medal 2010
Sickening! Another (unacceptable) demonstration of the depths of depravity folks will sink to. Truly sickening.:angry:

Nursery in Torquay closed 1 week 1 day ago #3341994

• Annette
  • Away
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 4224
  • Honor Medal 2010
Wait and see what comes out of it...
If or when the young man is a proved to be a child-abuser it is early enough to get fired up.
And lock away this young man for the rest of his life.
Before that: innocent until proven guilty.

Interesting article on the same page:
"Police concerns over rise of 'paedophile hunters'"
The following user(s) said Well Said: Pats

LEAVER DEA AS SLAEF !

Nursery in Torquay closed 1 week 23 hours ago #3342174

• Elspeth
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 2668
  • Honor Medal 2010
I worked with vulnerable children and adults however I had to undergo what was called Disclosure Scotland at that time. I think it is now called PVG (Protecting Vulnerable Groups)

PVG

I won't comment as this is still under investigation.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Annette

Last edit: by Elspeth.

Nursery in Torquay closed 1 week 19 hours ago #3342263

• Lorna Doone
  • Lorna Doone's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Well said received: 221
I understand that the young man in question had been CRB checked by the nursery.

Having thought more about this story and as someone who believes that all nursing homes for the elderly, homes that cater for those with special needs, and all children's nurseries should have cctv for the protection of their charges, I wonder what good is cctv if it 's not regularly checked. This case only seems to have come to light because a little girl told her family about "inappropriate touching" and then the police having studied hours of cctv suspect that up to 12 more children might be involved.

I had my children at a time when most women (at least those in my circle) became stay at home mothers once the children came along and only went back to the workplace once the children went to school. Nowadays, the government encourages women back into the workplace after a relatively short period of maternity leave. Many young mums need to work for financial reasons, though I sometimes wonder how, with the high cost of nursery fees, it is cost effective. Many more women nowadays have graduated and proceeded into professions through study and hard work and do not want to sacrifice their careers by taking a 4/5 year break and I understand that.

But I'm glad that I was able to care for my children during those precious early years though

Last edit: by Lorna Doone.

Nursery in Torquay closed 1 week 19 hours ago #3342273

• Vegemite Kid
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 9988
  • Honor Medal 2010
It's not really a stay at home vs working mums ( or dads) issue though.

Checking CCTV constantly would be tedious and time consuming - where I work it is only checked if anything happens - like vandalism or theft.

And all employees in places like nursing homes or child care centres need police checks - but of course that only shows if you have been caught and convicted.

Nursery in Torquay closed 1 week 19 hours ago #3342288

• Bruce
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1249
  • Honor Medal 2010
CRB checks are a good thing which lets employers know if the person has any problems in the past but it doesn't mean the person isn't dangerous to children just they haven't been caught yet.
Innocent until proven guilty so we will await the courts outcome, It is being said the police have cctv of this individual committing offences so if he is guilty it shouldn't be hard to convict him.
I will await the courts verdict as I recall a woman going to pick up her son from nursery and when she looked through the window she saw one of the nursery workers with her hand on a boys front of his trousers, well she rang the police and reported it instantly, The woman who had worked in nurseries for donkeys years and had never had a complaint was heartbroken as all she was doing was seeing if this lad had wet his pants as some kid had left a puddle of pee on the floor. If the woman who reported her had taken a couple of steps further she would have seen another 5 nursery staff and around 4-5 parents collecting their kids in the same room and knowing the worker had asked parents just see if any of yours have wet themselves before she checked this lad.
Nothing came of it and the lady who reported it apologised and the worker took it in good grace and after her initial upset she said she understood and praised the woman for being so diligent.

If this lad is found guilty then lets hope he gets put in general population for the rest of his life.
Also agree he hasn't to my knowledge being named until he is proven guilty.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Annette

Last edit: by Bruce.
  • Page:
Moderators: smilesrus10pascaloumikePats
Time to create page: 0.228 seconds