Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Discuss, debate and exchange opinions on issues that are of a serious nature.

TOPIC: Conservative Party Conference

Conservative Party Conference 1 week 3 days ago #2837397

• himerus
  • himerus's Avatar Topic Author
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1498
  • Honor Medal 2010
What conclusions do you draw from from Conservative Party conference?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Conservative Party Conference 1 week 3 days ago #2837405

• Aida
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 3501
  • Honor Medal 2010
I came to the conclusion that although many Conservative voters ( particularly those who would like a hard 'cliff edge' BREXIT ) would like to see TM replaced with Boris Johnson, most members of the cabinet realise this would not be appropriate for the UK. She may go, he is unlikely to replace her as PM.

Back into storybooks giants have fled
And the knights are no more and the dragons are dead.
Last Edit: by Aida.

Simply by buying from Amazon or eBay you will be supporting Buzz50

Conservative Party Conference 1 week 3 days ago #2837443

• RosieLeah
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 484
  • Honor Medal 2010
They have obviously asked themselves,'Why did so many people vote for Labour, and how can we woo them back?'
The following user(s) said Well Said: Aida

Conservative Party Conference 1 week 3 days ago #2837450

• Davenorave
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 789
  • Honor Medal 2010
It merely confirmed to me that. There are a number of double dealing, duplicitous back stabbing, sell out and self serving M P's including some ministers, that need demoting or sacking. Bojo being one of them with his raid and run tactics, continually undermining TM.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Aida

Conservative Party Conference 1 week 3 days ago #2837465

• elusive
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1493
  • Honor Medal 2010
The only reason Mrs M is still in office is because of Brexit remainer support those of which make up a large part of her cabinet.. Mrs May is blocking genuine Brexit members and the sooner she goes the better.

Someone is needed who will execute the will of the people and for stability and order the sooner rather than later.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Lorna Doone, Jane R

Last Edit: by elusive.

Conservative Party Conference 1 week 3 days ago #2837475

• Aida
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Honor Medal 2010
Let's keep Theresa with her splutter
Grant Shapps would have us in the gutter.

Conservative Party Conference 1 week 3 days ago #2837489

• Aida
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Honor Medal 2010

elusive wrote: The only reason Mrs M is still in office is because of Brexit remainer support those of which make up a large part of her cabinet.. Mrs May is blocking genuine Brexit members and the sooner she goes the better.

Someone is needed who will execute the will of the people and for stability and order the sooner rather than later.

.........................................................................................................................................................................................................................

A majority of the people - however, it was by no means a landslide victory. I feel things / feelings have changed since the referendum. TM is exercising caution, thank God.
I saw a man interviewed by a reporter in the street the other day. When asked why he favoured Boris he said, " Boris is Britain aint he. He's Britain. He's the only one who's for Britain " He could barely string a sentence together.
I think Boris is out to undermine TM at every opportunity never mind all his sucking up to her when interviewed. He should be sacked for his treachery. (My opinion.)

Last Edit: by Aida.

Conservative Party Conference 1 week 3 days ago #2837530

• RosieLeah
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 484
  • Honor Medal 2010

Aida wrote:

elusive wrote: The only reason Mrs M is still in office is because of Brexit remainer support those of which make up a large part of her cabinet.. Mrs May is blocking genuine Brexit members and the sooner she goes the better.

.........................................................................................................................................................................................................................

A majority of the people - however, it was by no means a landslide victory. I feel things / feelings have changed since the referendum. TM is exercising caution, thank God.
I saw a man interviewed by a reporter in the street the other day. When asked why he favoured Boris he said, " Boris is Britain aint he. He's Britain. He's the only one who's for Britain " He could barely string a sentence together.
I think Boris is out to undermine TM at every opportunity never mind all his sucking up to her when interviewed. He should be sacked for his treachery. (My opinion.)

This is a big part of what is wrong with our voting system. All and sundry are allowed to vote, no matter what their mental capacity. It's a pity people don't have to pass some sort of proficiency test to show they are able to reach a rational informed decision before deciding who will run our country.

Conservative Party Conference 1 week 3 days ago #2837543

• Viscount
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 986
  • Honor Medal 2010

RosieLeah wrote:

Aida wrote:

This is a big part of what is wrong with our voting system. All and sundry are allowed to vote, no matter what their mental capacity. It's a pity people don't have to pass some sort of proficiency test to show they are able to reach a rational informed decision before deciding who will run our country.

Extraordinary statement setting the cat amongst the pigeons. I guess that's democracy out the window....LOL
HOWEVER, I venture to suggest that there would be dumb asses on both sides of any referendum/election and would effectively cancel each other out. So, at the end of the day, it comes down to which side has the most dumb asses.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Lorna Doone, Toffee

Conservative Party Conference 1 week 3 days ago #2837549

• Toffee
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1424
  • Honor Medal 2010

Viscount wrote:

RosieLeah wrote:

Aida wrote:

Extraordinary statement setting the cat amongst the pigeons. I guess that's democracy out the window....LOL
HOWEVER, I venture to suggest that there would be dumb asses on both sides of any referendum/election and would effectively cancel each other out. So, at the end of the day, it comes down to which side has the most dumb asses.

May i suggest the Conservative party has the most Dum asses as they won :laugh: :laugh: B) B)

Moderators: smilesrus10pascalouMikePats
Time to create page: 0.551 seconds

Over 50 forums just for seniors Join Free here!

Buzz50 is one of the few sites where the forums are strictly restricted to those who are over 50 only.

Our senior forums are run by over 50s purely for over 50s to enjoy. If you like serious or even light hearted discussions then this is the place for you.