Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Less serious topics and relaxing chat

TOPIC: Are men more rational beings than women?

Are men more rational beings than women? 1 month 6 days ago #3692716

  • Vienna
  • Vienna's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Posts: 868
  • Well said received: 1539
  • Points: 185919
  • Honor Medal 2010
Love the way that women are often described as being "emotional" or "hysterical" :lol:
The following user(s) said Well Said: bluegrassmusicfan

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Are men more rational beings than women? 1 month 6 days ago #3692717

  • Sandgrounder
  • Sandgrounder's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Posts: 5459
  • Well said received: 1960
  • Points: 527680
  • Honor Medal 2010
Simple answer is NO. With what is going on all around the world at the moment and in recent years. It is easy enough to find both men and women who would be regarded as irrational, leaving the rest of us as rational. Though life is never that simple or straight forward.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Are men more rational beings than women? 1 month 5 days ago #3692997

  • NewTricks
  • NewTricks's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Expert Buzzer
  • Expert Buzzer
  • Posts: 122
  • Well said received: 431
  • Points: 33968
  • Honor Medal 2010
Not exactly related to being rational but I do believe in general men see things more at a basic practical level whereas women will consider more factors particularly how their actions will impact on others.

I can't remember where I heard this but I think it is relevant...

Women need a reason to have sex....
Men just need a place.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Better to be thought a fool........
than to open your mouth and prove it!

Are men more rational beings than women? 1 month 5 days ago #3693108

  • senile1
  • senile1's Avatar
  • Away
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Posts: 3030
  • Well said received: 1936
  • Points: 4686
  • Honor Medal 2010

NewTricks wrote: Not exactly related to being rational but I do believe in general men see things more at a basic practical level whereas women will consider more factors particularly how their actions will impact on others.

I can't remember where I heard this but I think it is relevant...

Women need a reason to have sex....
Men just need a place.

[/color]



You are saying this of women and men in general ???? Would it not be more accurate to say some women and some men ????? As a blanket statement cannot claim this is true with all men and women, or even a majority.
The following user(s) said Well Said: cahoots, Pats, Rips, bluegrassmusicfan, AntiqueLace1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Are men more rational beings than women? 1 month 5 days ago #3693214

  • aviator
  • aviator's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Expert Buzzer
  • Expert Buzzer
  • Posts: 142
  • Well said received: 457
  • Points: 2186
  • Honor Medal 2010
taking a small side step.

I think history tells us that women in power tend to be more ruthless ( though can not generalize that , and IT IS NOT A DEROGATORY STATEMENT).

Imelda Marcos, golda Meir, India Gandhi, margaret thatcher etc.

others would not be familiar with them but almost all our chief ministers ( our states Chiefs ) have been quite ruthless / dictatorial

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Are men more rational beings than women? 1 month 5 days ago #3693250

  • bluegrassmusicfan
  • bluegrassmusicfan's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Posts: 170
  • Well said received: 154
  • Points: 6498
  • Honor Medal 2010

aviator wrote: taking a small side step.

I think history tells us that women in power tend to be more ruthless ( though can not generalize that , and IT IS NOT A DEROGATORY STATEMENT).

Imelda Marcos, golda Meir, India Gandhi, margaret thatcher etc.

others would not be familiar with them but almost all our chief ministers ( our states Chiefs ) have been quite ruthless / dictatorial


But here is the thing...
If it were men in power doing those things..no one would bat an eye (wouldn't even be worth mentioning)....but, because it is a *woman*......

There's such a double standard in the world....it's stupid, sad, and disgusting.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Are men more rational beings than women? 1 month 5 days ago #3693269

  • senile1
  • senile1's Avatar
  • Away
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Posts: 3030
  • Well said received: 1936
  • Points: 4686
  • Honor Medal 2010

bluegrassmusicfan wrote:

aviator wrote: taking a small side step.

I think history tells us that women in power tend to be more ruthless ( though can not generalize that , and IT IS NOT A DEROGATORY STATEMENT).

Imelda Marcos, golda Meir, India Gandhi, margaret thatcher etc.

others would not be familiar with them but almost all our chief ministers ( our states Chiefs ) have been quite ruthless / dictatorial


But here is the thing...
If it were men in power doing those things..no one would bat an eye (wouldn't even be worth mentioning)....but, because it is a *woman*......

There's such a double standard in the world....it's stupid, sad, and disgusting.



All of what you say is very true, and is due largely because we have all been raised in a male dominated society. No matter your philosophical / religious concept, the original writings were by men, and subjective to their belief concepts, which were self serving.Those concepts(male) are ludicrous when you look at them. For instance, an actual Creator would know there is no continuance of any species, without both the male and female of the species, thus, making them both of equal importance.As man is basically selfish and self serving, hence we live in a chauvinistic world.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Are men more rational beings than women? 1 month 5 days ago #3693274

  • Pats
  • Pats's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Admin
  • Admin
  • Posts: 11572
  • Well said received: 5529
  • Points: 1009351
  • Honor Medal 2010

senile1 wrote:

bluegrassmusicfan wrote:

aviator wrote: taking a small side step.

I think history tells us that women in power tend to be more ruthless ( though can not generalize that , and IT IS NOT A DEROGATORY STATEMENT).

Imelda Marcos, golda Meir, India Gandhi, margaret thatcher etc.

others would not be familiar with them but almost all our chief ministers ( our states Chiefs ) have been quite ruthless / dictatorial


But here is the thing...
If it were men in power doing those things..no one would bat an eye (wouldn't even be worth mentioning)....but, because it is a *woman*......

There's such a double standard in the world....it's stupid, sad, and disgusting.



All of what you say is very true, and is due largely because we have all been raised in a male dominated society. No matter your philosophical / religious concept, the original writings were by men, and subjective to their belief concepts, which were self serving.Those concepts(male) are ludicrous when you look at them. For instance, an actual Creator would know there is no continuance of any species, without both the male and female of the species, thus, making them both of equal importance.As man is basically selfish and self serving, hence we live in a chauvinistic world.



I think the last sentence is an inaccurate blanket statement and should be ‘some men’

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Happy to help.

Are men more rational beings than women? 1 month 5 days ago #3693280

  • senile1
  • senile1's Avatar
  • Away
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Posts: 3030
  • Well said received: 1936
  • Points: 4686
  • Honor Medal 2010

Pats wrote:

senile1 wrote:

bluegrassmusicfan wrote:

aviator wrote: taking a small side step.

I think history tells us that women in power tend to be more ruthless ( though can not generalize that , and IT IS NOT A DEROGATORY STATEMENT).

Imelda Marcos, golda Meir, India Gandhi, margaret thatcher etc.

others would not be familiar with them but almost all our chief ministers ( our states Chiefs ) have been quite ruthless / dictatorial


But here is the thing...
If it were men in power doing those things..no one would bat an eye (wouldn't even be worth mentioning)....but, because it is a *woman*......

There's such a double standard in the world....it's stupid, sad, and disgusting.



All of what you say is very true, and is due largely because we have all been raised in a male dominated society. No matter your philosophical / religious concept, the original writings were by men, and subjective to their belief concepts, which were self serving.Those concepts(male) are ludicrous when you look at them. For instance, an actual Creator would know there is no continuance of any species, without both the male and female of the species, thus, making them both of equal importance.As man is basically selfish and self serving, hence we live in a chauvinistic world.



I think the last sentence is an inaccurate blanket statement and should be ‘some men’


[/color]

In general, the male species has always been chauvinistic, thus a male dominated society, and while "some" men have changed, most have not, in many ways. While you are correct, no blanket statement can / will cover everyone, looking at religion and it's effect on the world as a whole, my statement most accurately sums up male dominance/ attitudes world wide.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by senile1.

Are men more rational beings than women? 1 month 5 days ago #3693281

  • JUJO
  • JUJO's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Posts: 1320
  • Well said received: 1544
  • Points: 8492
  • Honor Medal 2010
There is good and bad in both men and women, but we love them both

Please Log in to join the conversation.

No home is complete without the pitter patter of kitty feet.
Moderators: mikePatssmilesrus10Pascalou
Time to create page: 0.221 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum

Over 50 forums just for seniors Join Free here!

Buzz50 is one of the few sites where the forums are strictly restricted to those who are over 50 only.

Our senior forums are run by over 50s purely for over 50s to enjoy. If you like serious or even light hearted discussions then this is the place for you.