MID-LIFE CRISIS for both male and females 1 month 1 week ago #3691939

• AntiqueLace1
  • AntiqueLace1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1801
  • Honor Medal 2010
Topic can entail a wide range of things. What's your take on it?
The following user(s) said Well Said: WWWoody

Please Log in to join the conversation.

MID-LIFE CRISIS for both male and females 1 month 1 week ago #3691940

• Dennis 2
  • Away
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 813
  • Honor Medal 2010
Per usual definition for a male that never hit me any, never the thought of different clothing, sports car of a younger friend, satisfied here and no issue there. I do just fine and accept my life as I am and thankful for it.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Wren, RichardA

Schöne Dinge passieren in Ihrem Leben, wenn Sie sich distanzieren und negative Dinge und Menschen entfernen.
Last edit: by Dennis 2.

MID-LIFE CRISIS for both male and females 1 month 1 week ago #3691943

• RichardA
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 931
  • Honor Medal 2010

Dennis 2 wrote: Per usual definition for a male that never hit me any, never the thought of different clothing, sports car of a younger friend, satisfied here and no issue there. I do just fine and accept my life as I am and thankful for it.

Crisis? What crisis? I'm with Dennis on this one.

MID-LIFE CRISIS for both male and females 1 month 1 week ago #3691947

• sciguy18
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1204
  • Honor Medal 2010
I guess the stereotypical mid-life crisis for a man is to get a hair transplant, fancy sports car and girlfriend half his age.

I realized that no amount of hair would make me attractive; nor would possession of a fancy car. I also realized that women my own age didn’t want me, so why would one half my age?

MID-LIFE CRISIS for both male and females 1 month 1 week ago #3691950

• WWWoody
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1263
  • Honor Medal 2010

sciguy18 wrote: I guess the stereotypical mid-life crisis for a man is to get a hair transplant, fancy sports car and girlfriend half his age.

I realized that no amount of hair would make me attractive; nor would possession of a fancy car. I also realized that women my own age didn’t want me, so why would one half my age?

Positive mental attitude bro! Chicks will be beating your door down.

God Bless America

MID-LIFE CRISIS for both male and females 1 month 1 week ago #3691951

• AntiqueLace1
  • AntiqueLace1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1801
  • Honor Medal 2010
What ever any member thinks of what a mid-life crisis is for both
males and females, either/or, then this topic is about that.....

there exists endless reasons and thoughts as to what contributes
to a mid-life crisis, or for many their thoughts are- that there exists
NO, mid-life crisis.

Say what you think is what this topic is referencing...

MID-LIFE CRISIS for both male and females 1 month 1 week ago #3691961

• Ruetends
  • Away
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1245
  • Honor Medal 2010
When does Mid-life Crisis start ? Did i miss something .. B)

MID-LIFE CRISIS for both male and females 1 month 1 week ago #3691962

• bluegrassmusicfan
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Well said received: 154
  • Honor Medal 2010

WWWoody wrote:

sciguy18 wrote: I guess the stereotypical mid-life crisis for a man is to get a hair transplant, fancy sports car and girlfriend half his age.

What's really sad is so many of those guys KNOW the woman half his age doesn't give a fig about him in any way (they are after/ enjoy his money, usually)..
The guys don't care, because, as one said to me "ah git to look at her nekkid..."

OK, fine, if that is ALL you want out of life...good for you..you do you.

Most people would rather have someone that actually cares about them (especially as they head into old age), irregardless of their bank account balance....they want companionship, affection, love if they are lucky...

MID-LIFE CRISIS for both male and females 1 month 1 week ago #3691972

• senile1
  • Away
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1935
  • Honor Medal 2010
A midlife crisis is a transition of identity and self-confidence that can occur in middle-aged individuals, typically 45 to 65 years old. The phenomenon is described as a psychological crisis brought about by events that highlight a person's growing age, inevitable mortality, and possibly lack of accomplishments in life. This may produce feelings of intense depression, remorse, and high levels of anxiety, or the desire to achieve youthfulness or make drastic changes to their current lifestyle or feel the wish to change past decisions and events. Studies on midlife crises show that they are less common than popularly believed, according to Vaillant (2012) in his 75 year longitudinal study on adult development, he found midlife crises were rare experiences for people involved in the study.

George Eman Vaillant
A psychoanalyst and a research psychiatrist, one of the pioneers in the study of adult development. He is a professor at Harvard University and directed Harvard's Study of Adult Development for thirty-five years.

Dr. Vaillant's studies suggest the more an individual is satisfied by their accomplishments and relationship in life the least likely they are to experience a midlife crisis.

I might add, any study is subjective to the group being studied and may vary from group to group.
The following user(s) said Well Said: bluegrassmusicfan

Last edit: by senile1.

MID-LIFE CRISIS for both male and females 1 month 1 week ago #3691987

• senile1
  • Away
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1935
  • Honor Medal 2010

bluegrassmusicfan wrote:

WWWoody wrote:

What's really sad is so many of those guys KNOW the woman half his age doesn't give a fig about him in any way (they are after/ enjoy his money, usually)..
The guys don't care, because, as one said to me "ah git to look at her nekkid..."

OK, fine, if that is ALL you want out of life...good for you..you do you.

Most people would rather have someone that actually cares about them (especially as they head into old age), irregardless of their bank account balance....they want companionship, affection, love if they are lucky...

On this account, I would beg to differ. While in general , your statement may be true; but there a women who enjoy the experience and maturity of an older man, and likewise, younger men with older women, and neither has to do with being a parental figure.

Last edit: by senile1.
  • Page:
Moderators: mikePatssmilesrus10Pascalou
Time to create page: 0.209 seconds