Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Less serious topics and relaxing chat

TOPIC: The Relationship Between Physical Appearance & Attraction? read below...

The Relationship Between Physical Appearance & Attraction? read below... 1 month 2 weeks ago #3688547

• JUJO
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1544
  • Honor Medal 2010
Accept a person for the person that they are, not for the person you want them to be,and vice versa.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

No home is complete without the pitter patter of kitty feet.

The Relationship Between Physical Appearance & Attraction? read below... 1 month 2 weeks ago #3688552

• Vienna
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1538
  • Honor Medal 2010
How many times have our eyes settled on someone across a crowded room, not able to look away - heart beating a little faster than usual?

Many times in my life, and others I imagine - physical appearance is very important, imo.

Not exactly how i met my hubby at all though, hardly a second or third glance from me, although a big guy you couldn't miss him really!

We worked in the same building - when I eventually agreed to go out with him, i found him to be kind, generous, funny, a gentleman, with a voice like a Shakesperean actor.

Only took me a week to decide he was "Mr right".
Although i didn't tell him until much later!

The Relationship Between Physical Appearance & Attraction? read below... 1 month 2 weeks ago #3688564

• RichardA
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 931
  • Honor Medal 2010
Beauty is how you feel inside, and it reflects in your eyes. It is not something physical. SL
The following user(s) said Well Said: cahoots

The Relationship Between Physical Appearance & Attraction? read below... 1 month 2 weeks ago #3688566

• WWWoody
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1263
  • Honor Medal 2010
I’m not a fan of cankles, nor loud-mouths. Redneck chicks are a 100 times more interesting to me than an educated snob. Who wants to be around someone like that in a car ride across the state? Yikes!

God Bless America

The Relationship Between Physical Appearance & Attraction? read below... 1 month 2 weeks ago #3688600

• sciguy18
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1202
  • Honor Medal 2010

The Relationship Between Physical Appearance & Attraction? read below... 1 month 2 weeks ago #3688606

• JUJO
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1544
  • Honor Medal 2010

WWWoody wrote: I’m not a fan of cankles, nor loud-mouths. Redneck chicks are a 100 times more interesting to me than an educated snob. Who wants to be around someone like that in a car ride across the state? Yikes!

Redneck ,does that mean country?
Country girl!

No home is complete without the pitter patter of kitty feet.

The Relationship Between Physical Appearance & Attraction? read below... 1 month 2 weeks ago #3688613

• bluegrassmusicfan
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Well said received: 154
  • Honor Medal 2010

altshovel wrote: Physical attraction usually the first thing going, especially if you don't know the person. When you get to know this attractive person they might become no so attractive.
Conversely a person who is not conventionally attractive becomes attractive as you get to know them.
I think everyone has experienced that to some degree or another.
As you spend time with a person their true colors come out.

THIS

And also..if ALL you got going for you/ like about the other person is how they look...then, well, that relationship won't last long...because one serious illness or injury can eliminate those "looks"..
The following user(s) said Well Said: cahoots

The Relationship Between Physical Appearance & Attraction? read below... 1 month 2 weeks ago #3688616

• bluegrassmusicfan
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Well said received: 154
  • Honor Medal 2010

Vienna wrote: How many times have our eyes settled on someone across a crowded room, not able to look away - heart beating a little faster than usual?

Many times in my life, and others I imagine - physical appearance is very important, imo.

Not exactly how i met my hubby at all though, hardly a second or third glance from me, although a big guy you couldn't miss him really!

We worked in the same building - when I eventually agreed to go out with him, i found him to be kind, generous, funny, a gentleman, with a voice like a Shakesperean actor.

Only took me a week to decide he was "Mr right".
Although i didn't tell him until much later!

Never happened to me...
I mean I thought various guys were cute or interesting looking...but, not what you are referring to.
And I have had 4 long terms.....an ex in the early 80's that was a mistake and formed my firm stance on being more picky.....a guy from Canada, and i couldn't move there...the gut before my late husband (8 years, and we are still friends even though he got a job 500 miles away)...and my late husband.....
The last three based on commonalities and intellect and shared vision/ ideology.

The Relationship Between Physical Appearance & Attraction? read below... 1 month 2 weeks ago #3688617

• RichardA
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 931
  • Honor Medal 2010

JUJO wrote:

WWWoody wrote: I’m not a fan of cankles, nor loud-mouths. Redneck chicks are a 100 times more interesting to me than an educated snob. Who wants to be around someone like that in a car ride across the state? Yikes!

Redneck ,does that mean country?
Country girl!

Its meaning stems from the sun burn found on the back of farmers' necks :unsure:

The Relationship Between Physical Appearance & Attraction? read below... 1 month 2 weeks ago #3688618

• Rips
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1957
  • Honor Medal 2010
Looks first attract you towards a person, then it’s personality personality personality.
The following user(s) said Well Said: cahoots, senile1

Moderators: mikePatssmilesrus10Pascalou
Time to create page: 0.225 seconds