Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Less serious topics and relaxing chat

TOPIC: The Relationship Between Physical Appearance & Attraction? read below...

The Relationship Between Physical Appearance & Attraction? read below... 1 month 1 week ago #3692140

• senile1
  • Away
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1935
  • Honor Medal 2010

AntiqueLace1 wrote: There is a saying, ‘Eyes are the windows to the soul.’ It means, mostly, people can see through someone else by eye contact. Are you attracted to another's eyes or their smile, or something else...

Yours is an interesting statement Ms. Lacy, it has been said often of myself, to look at my face will reveal little, rarely even a smile, but to look into my eyes will reveal everything.
The following user(s) said Well Said: AntiqueLace1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

The Relationship Between Physical Appearance & Attraction? read below... 1 month 1 week ago #3692151

• AntiqueLace1
  • AntiqueLace1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1799
  • Honor Medal 2010
The eyes, as is said so often, "talk to my eyes, and we shall know what each other is thinking".
Like Senile was saying about his eyes, look into them and they will reveal everything...

My face is full of expression, I wear my face on my sleeve, as might be parallel to the saying, I
wear my heart on my sleeve. I show much emotion in my eyes and actually on my entire face,
or so I have often been told...
The following user(s) said Well Said: senile1

The Relationship Between Physical Appearance & Attraction? read below... 1 month 1 week ago #3692173

• bluegrassmusicfan
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Well said received: 154
  • Honor Medal 2010
There are people who, for no bad reason, either cannot look in people's eyes, or can't tolerate people looking in theirs..
People who have PTSD
People who have ADHD/ Aspergers

This doesn't mean they have "something to hide", or make them "bad", or shifty/ shady....just different.

Last edit: by bluegrassmusicfan.

The Relationship Between Physical Appearance & Attraction? read below... 1 month 1 week ago #3692225

• senile1
  • Away
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Honor Medal 2010
People who are shy will usually avoid eye contact, as will people with Autism , people with social anxiety, PTSD, and for some, thinking and concentrating can become more difficult while making eye contact. There are many mental/ emotional / social disorders associated with people avoiding eye contact.
The following user(s) said Well Said: bluegrassmusicfan, JUJO

The Relationship Between Physical Appearance & Attraction? read below... 1 month 1 week ago #3692386

• bluegrassmusicfan
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Well said received: 154
  • Honor Medal 2010

senile1 wrote: People who are shy will usually avoid eye contact, as will people with Autism , people with social anxiety, PTSD, and for some, thinking and concentrating can become more difficult while making eye contact. There are many mental/ emotional / social disorders associated with people avoiding eye contact.

That's what I said..
Thank you for acknowledging it/ giving it credence.smile.png

I get so frustrated with people who demand I look them in the eye, or spout they want to see *my* eyes...that whole "window to the soul" nonsense...and *those* ^ people, well, they are usually not good people and, to quote a thing I saw (but don't know how to post it here):
"Don't let someone touch your soul with dirty hands"

Last edit: by bluegrassmusicfan.

The Relationship Between Physical Appearance & Attraction? read below... 1 month 6 days ago #3692658

• senile1
  • Away
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Honor Medal 2010

bluegrassmusicfan wrote:

senile1 wrote: People who are shy will usually avoid eye contact, as will people with Autism , people with social anxiety, PTSD, and for some, thinking and concentrating can become more difficult while making eye contact. There are many mental/ emotional / social disorders associated with people avoiding eye contact.

That's what I said..
Thank you for acknowledging it/ giving it credence.smile.png

I get so frustrated with people who demand I look them in the eye, or spout they want to see *my* eyes...that whole "window to the soul" nonsense...and *those* ^ people, well, they are usually not good people and, to quote a thing I saw (but don't know how to post it here):
"Don't let someone touch your soul with dirty hands"

You needed not me for credence, my friend, I was just posting facts, no reflection on your post. Some, as myself, will always look you in the eye as if it's a validation of pride and being a man, this does not make it so, it just how we came up. Remember most of our generation are former military, branches such as USMC tend to be very macho, a "Jarhead" will always look you straight into eyes.

The Relationship Between Physical Appearance & Attraction? read below... 1 month 6 days ago #3692699

• JUJO
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1544
  • Honor Medal 2010

This is very true, my great nephew aged 7 years old has Autism, and he avoids eye contact with anyone.

No home is complete without the pitter patter of kitty feet.
Moderators: mikePatssmilesrus10Pascalou
Time to create page: 0.214 seconds