• Bruce
  • Bruce's Avatar Topic Author
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1651
  • Honor Medal 2010

Trila wrote:

Bruce wrote:

Sandgrounder wrote: I do have some bags of coffee beans, but only use them when making a fresh batch of coffee liqueur. Have occasionally had a cup of fruit or herbal tea, but much prefer a cup of plain tea, hot or cold.

Cold Tea? My daughter came here once with an Iced coffee something from McDonalds and it was so nasty I am sure there was no coffee in it just chemicals, But it was cold iced cold yakkity yak yak.

I've had good iced coffee a time or two. But since we are talking about yucky vs tasty.....I won't touch McDonald's coffee, hot or cold!

I don't like it either, I think the worst tasting coffee in the fast food outlet style has to go to Starbucks it is very bitter, here is an explanation I pinched from online

Starbucks coffee drinks are strong but with a very bitter and burnt taste. ... The most likely reason for the bitter/burnt taste is that Starbucks roasts their beans at a higher temperature then most roasters in order to produce large quantities of beans in a short time.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Trila

Please Log in to join the conversation.

LIVERPOOL FC PREMIER LEAGUE CHAMPIONS EUROPEAN CHAMPIONS AND WORLD CLUB CUP CHAMPIONS 2019-2020

Tea and Coffee 3 months 19 hours ago #3646925

• AntiqueLace1
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1811
  • Honor Medal 2010

RichardA wrote:

AntiqueLace1 wrote: I drink the quality herbal teas, meaning they aren't the bottom of the barrel tea bags lol

Coffee is Starbucks or Tully's blends, only decaf, one cream, no sugar...

The really cheap coffees to me taste far too bitter to drink, like battery acid, just hate
the taste, so I don't.

You must have tried battery acid to know that....so you do! :laugh: :laugh:

lol Richard, well what can I say, I might have tried the battery acid in a past dream of
some sort :laugh:

Last edit: by AntiqueLace1.

Tea and Coffee 3 months 17 hours ago #3646955

• kedro
  • Expert Buzzer
  • Expert Buzzer
  • Well said received: 209
  • Honor Medal 2010
I never do decaf:
"Methylene Chloride is an active ingredient in paint stripper that was recently banned by the EPA. The FDA currently allows methylene chloride to be used in some coffee decaffeination processes and brands are not required to disclose the decaffeination process on their label.

There is an alternative water-based process that doesn’t require chemicals, but many major brands continue to use the chemical process anyway."
cleanlabelproject.org/are-there-chemical...ecaffeinated-coffee/

When I want less caffeine; I just drink a different beverage.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Bruce, Trila

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass ... it's about learning to dance in the rain!

Tea and Coffee 3 months 14 hours ago #3647044

• Elspeth
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Well said received: 488
  • Honor Medal 2010
Tetley tea bags for me though I make tea in a pot and infuse it on the gas cooker. I'm not a bag in a cup or mug person.

I rarely drink coffee at home but have a jar of Lidl's Deluxe Colombian granules. It's strange but when I'm on holiday (gosh last time was 2019!) I only drink tea with breakfast and the rest of the time it's coffee yet at home it's the other way around.

Tea and Coffee 3 months 7 hours ago #3647191

• habibi
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Well said received: 470
  • Honor Medal 2010
I always buy Clipper organic decaffeinated tea which has unbleached bags and no plastic in bags, it's great tea. I also drink ginseng tea with raw honey every night. I enjoy herbal tea but I prefer to buy the herbs and blend them myself rather than buying herbal tea from shops.

Don't drink coffee very often so I buy some sachets of Nescafe to have for an occasional coffee and for visitors.
The following user(s) said Well Said: cahoots

In Sandra's name we must follow the rules of lockdown and social distancing to get through this nightmare.

Tea and Coffee 3 months 6 hours ago #3647198

• jazzykat
  • New Buzzer
  • New Buzzer
  • Well said received: 14
  • Honor Medal 2010
We go for the Premium Brand coffee that says it is bold, dark and deep roasted. We like our coffee black and strong. Don't get much tea. I may get some bottles of unsweetened iced tea on occasion but not often. I do like my hot specialty coffee Mocha Charge Latte with extra caffeine. I also like my Ice Cold Mocha Latte's in a bottle from Aldi's.
I do like my caffeine fix often. LOL.

Last edit: by jazzykat.

Tea and Coffee 2 months 4 weeks ago #3647384

• Sandgrounder
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 2190
  • Honor Medal 2010
The tea and coffee we have in our rooms is passible. Would be better if we had proper milk instead of the satchets of UHT milk that we get.

Tea and Coffee 2 months 4 weeks ago #3647394

• Lemony
  • New Buzzer
  • New Buzzer
  • Well said received: 0
  • Honor Medal 2010

Last edit: by Lemony.

Tea and Coffee 2 months 3 weeks ago #3648764

• jazzykat
  • New Buzzer
  • New Buzzer
  • Well said received: 14
  • Honor Medal 2010
Well said!! Geesh...

Tea and Coffee 2 months 3 weeks ago #3649001

• senile1
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1864
  • Honor Medal 2010
My coffee black, and can walk by it's self, not choosey , though I do like the occasional spot of Irish Whisky in it.

Moderators: mikePatssmilesrus10Pascalou
Time to create page: 0.218 seconds