Tea and Coffee 1 month 2 weeks ago #3646519

• Trila
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Well said received: 226
  • Honor Medal 2010

Bruce wrote:

Trila wrote:

Bruce wrote: Cheap teabags and Cheap Coffee you know the brands you have never heard of and most probably cost a third of the normal teabag coffee price,
I cannot drink them everyone I have tasted is horrible apart from Douwe Egberts gold that isn't to bad.

If you are a tea drinker do you buy this cheapo coffee for guests? same with Coffee drinkers do you buy these cheapo teabags for guests?

What Teabags do you buy and Coffee? can you drink the cheaper brands or do you prefer quality brands?

You're not putting enough 'stuff' in your coffee! By the time I add creamer, hot coco powder, marshmallows or whipped cream (or both!).....I can't even tell that it's store brand coffee!!! LOL

That sounds like something the kids would buy from the ice-cream man bits and pieces and multi coloured loopy juice all in one LOL.

I have never had all that whipped cream and stuff in a coffee I just don't like the look of it, I am coffee sugar and semi-skimmed milk job done.
Some of that cheap coffee reminds me of that evil stuff which used to hide in jars and disguise itself as coffee but it was chicory and tasted like soggy gone off leeks mushed through a sweaty sock.

CHICKORY!!!!! Yuck! Way to ruin coffee!!! LOL
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Well Said: Bruce

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Trila.

Tea and Coffee 1 month 2 weeks ago #3646521

• Trila
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Honor Medal 2010

Bevy wrote: Only Yorkshire tea

I, (like Trila), also like things added to coffee sometimes, such as cocoa, chilli powder, cinnamon, paprika

I probably drink about 10 cups of tea or more per day ...... only 1 coffee and not every day. No room after all that tea.

Depending how stressful the day is, it might be more than 10 cups (mugs actually, large ones :)

I have added cinnamon. Around the Holidays I add peppermint. I have never heard of adding chili powder or paprika....something to think about.

Tea and Coffee 1 month 2 weeks ago #3646526

• man of kent
  • Expert Buzzer
  • Expert Buzzer
  • Well said received: 127
  • Honor Medal 2010
I used to buy Yorkshire tea - until a year or two ago - they changed their tea bags for another bag.
Result - all my tea bags split in the cup - so I changed to Sainsbury`s `Red Label ` cheaper & better.
Never went back to Yorkshire tea.

MAGPIE.-- the bird

Tea and Coffee 1 month 2 weeks ago #3646538

• Bruce
  • Bruce's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1869
  • Honor Medal 2010
Amazing how some folk buy and can drink the cheap teabags and cheap coffee,
I wondered why they kept selling it when most people I know will not drink it and same as me if it is cheap coffee they will do with out first.

I had a look at the prices and they are closer than I thought so it makes me think do some people enjoy the likes of Diplomat Red Label teabags from Aldi or do they just see the cheapest price and get them?

Don't get me wrong I am all for saving money and refuse to pay silly prices for anything like phones over £50 or trainers which sell for £100 upwards, I wouldn't pay that for a pair of trainers if I won Euromillions.

Just tea and coffee I will pay a couple of quid extra so I can have better coffee (I don't drink tea) we do have a bag of Typhoo teabags for guests but to be honest with the lockdowns etc they haven't been touched.

We have a nickname for cheap coffee we call it gravy granules lol as a few years back my wife's stepdad made us a coffee and used gravy granules by mistake (his eyesight isn't what it used to be lol) To be fair though hot water gravy granules sugar and milk tasted better than some of the nasty cheap coffees I have sampled in the past :lol:

LIVERPOOL FC PREMIER LEAGUE CHAMPIONS EUROPEAN CHAMPIONS AND WORLD CLUB CUP CHAMPIONS 2019-2020

Tea and Coffee 1 month 2 weeks ago #3646547

• Assemble
  • Expert Buzzer
  • Expert Buzzer
  • Well said received: 203
  • Honor Medal 2010
I have to say my favourite cheap tea and coffee is that which gets served the world over in churches at the get together after the service.........the hot brown liquid can rarely be identified as either tea or coffee and causes intense delight to my family as we sample both offerings and try to guess which is which

Tea and Coffee 1 month 2 weeks ago #3646551

• Bruce
  • Bruce's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1869
  • Honor Medal 2010

Assemble wrote: I have to say my favourite cheap tea and coffee is that which gets served the world over in churches at the get together after the service.........the hot brown liquid can rarely be identified as either tea or coffee and causes intense delight to my family as we sample both offerings and try to guess which is which

Reminds me of when you went to grannys house how is it possible to make tea or coffee like they used to do? Hotter than the centre of a volcano even the china mugs were starting to go a bit wobbly under the heat. :laugh: :laugh:

LIVERPOOL FC PREMIER LEAGUE CHAMPIONS EUROPEAN CHAMPIONS AND WORLD CLUB CUP CHAMPIONS 2019-2020

Tea and Coffee 1 month 2 weeks ago #3646627

• Trila
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Honor Medal 2010
Time for a true story:

Years ago I worked with a woman who put whipped cream in her coffee every day. Since I had never heard of anyone doing that, I asked her why. She said "life is short, I want to enjoy things that I like while I can."

Every day, as I add all of the stuff to my coffee, I think of her. In my mind, I thank her for the lesson she taught me! (;;)

Tea and Coffee 1 month 2 weeks ago #3646631

• QuietMouse01
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 499
  • Honor Medal 2010
Nescafe coffee, with a dash of evaporated milk....mm
Tetley tea bags....

Today is the tomorrow
you worried about yesterday -
and all is well...

Tea and Coffee 1 month 2 weeks ago #3646632

• olfella
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Well said received: 318
  • Honor Medal 2010
As I mentioned earlier I buy the Coffee beans grind them myself.
Put in perculator with water and turn on.
Smells great, Tastes even better, No need for frothers.
And the grinds are great for your pot plants.

Tea and Coffee 1 month 2 weeks ago #3646646

• Dennis 2
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 946
  • Honor Medal 2010
One cup coffee in am Folgers dark roast or Kirkland dark either one I have, drink it black add nothing to it my friends call it Army coffee as they fight to get it down. My #1 fav is Community Dark beans and grind them here, also hard to find. Rarely ever drink tea.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Trila

Schöne Dinge passieren in Ihrem Leben, wenn Sie sich distanzieren und negative Dinge und Menschen entfernen.
Last edit: by Dennis 2.
Moderators: mikePatssmilesrus10Pascalou
Time to create page: 0.210 seconds