Less serious topics and relaxing chat

TOPIC: Tea and Coffee

Tea and Coffee 1 month 2 weeks ago #3646456

• DaveA
  • Senior Buzzer
  • Senior Buzzer
  • Well said received: 98
  • Honor Medal 2010
Trila stated; "You're not putting enough 'stuff' in your coffee! By the time I add creamer, hot coco powder, marshmallows or whipped cream (or both!).....I can't even tell that it's store brand coffee!!! LOL"

Is there enough volume in the cup, for the coffee? Maybe rather than not recognizing the coffee brand - - -you've forgotten to add the coffee.:laugh:
The following user(s) said Well Said: Bruce, Trila

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Tea and Coffee 1 month 2 weeks ago #3646460

• Trila
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Well said received: 226
  • Honor Medal 2010

DaveA wrote: Trila stated; "You're not putting enough 'stuff' in your coffee! By the time I add creamer, hot coco powder, marshmallows or whipped cream (or both!).....I can't even tell that it's store brand coffee!!! LOL"

Is there enough volume in the cup, for the coffee? Maybe rather than not recognizing the coffee brand - - -you've forgotten to add the coffee.:laugh:

LOL! Here's a pix from Easter morning.....
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Well Said: habibi, DaveA

Tea and Coffee 1 month 2 weeks ago #3646475

• Bevy
  • New Buzzer
  • New Buzzer
  • Well said received: 10
  • Honor Medal 2010
Only Yorkshire tea

I, (like Trila), also like things added to coffee sometimes, such as cocoa, chilli powder, cinnamon, paprika

I probably drink about 10 cups of tea or more per day ...... only 1 coffee and not every day. No room after all that tea.

Depending how stressful the day is, it might be more than 10 cups (mugs actually, large ones :)
The following user(s) said Well Said: Bruce

Tea and Coffee 1 month 2 weeks ago #3646481

• Bruce
  • Bruce's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1869
  • Honor Medal 2010

Trila wrote:

Bruce wrote: Cheap teabags and Cheap Coffee you know the brands you have never heard of and most probably cost a third of the normal teabag coffee price,
I cannot drink them everyone I have tasted is horrible apart from Douwe Egberts gold that isn't to bad.

If you are a tea drinker do you buy this cheapo coffee for guests? same with Coffee drinkers do you buy these cheapo teabags for guests?

What Teabags do you buy and Coffee? can you drink the cheaper brands or do you prefer quality brands?

You're not putting enough 'stuff' in your coffee! By the time I add creamer, hot coco powder, marshmallows or whipped cream (or both!).....I can't even tell that it's store brand coffee!!! LOL

That sounds like something the kids would buy from the ice-cream man bits and pieces and multi coloured loopy juice all in one LOL.

I have never had all that whipped cream and stuff in a coffee I just don't like the look of it, I am coffee sugar and semi-skimmed milk job done.
Some of that cheap coffee reminds me of that evil stuff which used to hide in jars and disguise itself as coffee but it was chicory and tasted like soggy gone off leeks mushed through a sweaty sock.

LIVERPOOL FC PREMIER LEAGUE CHAMPIONS EUROPEAN CHAMPIONS AND WORLD CLUB CUP CHAMPIONS 2019-2020
Last edit: by Bruce.

Tea and Coffee 1 month 2 weeks ago #3646482

• Bruce
  • Away
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Honor Medal 2010

Trila wrote:

DaveA wrote: Trila stated; "You're not putting enough 'stuff' in your coffee! By the time I add creamer, hot coco powder, marshmallows or whipped cream (or both!).....I can't even tell that it's store brand coffee!!! LOL"

LOL! Here's a pix from Easter morning.....

They look like my granddaughters socks! :lol:
The following user(s) said Well Said: DaveA

LIVERPOOL FC PREMIER LEAGUE CHAMPIONS EUROPEAN CHAMPIONS AND WORLD CLUB CUP CHAMPIONS 2019-2020

Tea and Coffee 1 month 2 weeks ago #3646486

• Vienna
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1720
  • Honor Medal 2010
Tea bags I use Tesco own original which i like to drink quite strong, tiny drop of milk.
I have "proper" coffee but tend to drink Nescafe which i like very much.....Egberts taste like dish water to me :unsure:

Tea and Coffee 1 month 2 weeks ago #3646487

• Bruce
  • Away
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Honor Medal 2010

Vienna wrote: Tea bags I use Tesco own original which i like to drink quite strong, tiny drop of milk.
I have "proper" coffee but tend to drink Nescafe which i like very much.....Egberts taste like dish water to me :unsure:

Nescafe is mostly wonderful, when I have been out for a while working on the garden or a car having a good Nescafe Original is just mmmmmmmmm so good.

Have you ever tried Nescafe from B&M stores? I don't know what it is as it is the same jar etc and it is a lot cheaper than other places but the taste is very odd like it has been mixed with some really cheap stuff, Can't put my finger on the taste but it isn't right.

Tea and Coffee 1 month 2 weeks ago #3646490

• Vienna
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1720
  • Honor Medal 2010

Bruce wrote:

Vienna wrote: Tea bags I use Tesco own original which i like to drink quite strong, tiny drop of milk.

Nescafe is mostly wonderful, when I have been out for a while working on the garden or a car having a good Nescafe Original is just mmmmmmmmm so good.

Have you ever tried Nescafe from B&M stores? I don't know what it is as it is the same jar etc and it is a lot cheaper than other places but the taste is very odd like it has been mixed with some really cheap stuff, Can't put my finger on the taste but it isn't right.

Nope .....wont buy my Nescafe there thanks for the tip :ohmy:

Tea and Coffee 1 month 2 weeks ago #3646495

• Assemble
  • Expert Buzzer
  • Expert Buzzer
  • Well said received: 203
  • Honor Medal 2010
Yeah I buy and drink the cheap stuff, both tea and coffee.......got to be very frugal with my cash

Tea and Coffee 1 month 2 weeks ago #3646504

• Ivorbigwedge
  • Expert Buzzer
  • Expert Buzzer
  • Well said received: 339
  • Honor Medal 2010
We use PG Tips tea bags and keep a tiny jar of Gold Blend coffee for visitors who want it.

We never drink coffee and invariably it goes out of date with half a jar left and gets thrown away.

A perfect martini should be made by filling a glass with gin, then waving it in the general direction of Italy.

Never argue with an idiot......they will drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.
Moderators: mikePatssmilesrus10Pascalou
Time to create page: 0.202 seconds