Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Less serious topics and relaxing chat
  • Page:

TOPIC: Have you ever coached a youth sports team?

Have you ever coached a youth sports team? 1 month 2 weeks ago #3645769

• AntiqueLace1
  • AntiqueLace1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1571
  • Honor Medal 2010
share about it~

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Have you ever coached a youth sports team? 1 month 2 weeks ago #3645826

• JUJO
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1586
  • Honor Medal 2010
My husband is the manager of a football team for the local pub.
The following user(s) said Well Said: AntiqueLace1

No home is complete without the pitter patter of kitty feet.

Have you ever coached a youth sports team? 1 month 2 weeks ago #3646040

• GerryM
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Well said received: 463
  • Honor Medal 2010
I coached Little League baseball for several years. The kids at first were pretty clueless as what to do, didn't have a whole lot of time to practice before real games started. Some kids just played with their mitts in outfield, some were really serious about the play. I would get some good laughs out of it thats for sure. There was a little girl name Elisabeth, she was the most driven little girl at sports and knew what to do. She would get a bit frustrated when others didn't understand the game.

Have you ever coached a youth sports team? 1 month 2 weeks ago #3646049

• Bruce
  • Away
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1869
  • Honor Medal 2010
Used to help out with my eldest lads football team although not a great deal but someone has to put up take down nets corner flags and in the league he was in we had to have a rope barrier at least 3 feet from the edge of the pitch which all staff and watchers had to stay behind.

Now I do a sports evening with kids from my other sons school, kids with lots of disabilities and all ages it is crazy to say the least but so rewarding and so much fun.
We play all sorts of sports from football to running to rounders to long jump to throwing the bean bag and many more. Ten pin bowling with a basketball as the bowling ball is a laugh I have two kids who have downs syndrome and they are so competitive but also such good friends,
One time one of them rolled the ball and got a strike and they both were cheering and happy, then the other one rolled the ball and got a strike so he cheered the other one said is this fair he is copying what I do lol he wanted the other one to turn his back to the game so he couldn't see this kids secret swing which got him strikes lol so this lad didn't watch his next go, The game went on with both of them turning their backs as the other rolled the ball so funny, after the game the lad who started the please don't watch me throw went to his bag and pulled out a banana walked over to the other lad and gave it to him and said that is for the winner and being my best friend! I had a tear in my eye as they hugged it out.

LIVERPOOL FC PREMIER LEAGUE CHAMPIONS EUROPEAN CHAMPIONS AND WORLD CLUB CUP CHAMPIONS 2019-2020

Have you ever coached a youth sports team? 1 month 2 weeks ago #3646216

• William 58
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 5185
  • Honor Medal 2010
During my final year of undergraduate University study I managed my youngest brother's 6th Grade baseball team (11-12 yrs old) for that one season.

When I was in the mid portion of my CPA Independent Consulting career, between engagements, I helped coach my youngest son's Little League Baseball team for the major portions of two separate seasons (7-10 yrs old).

Both opportunities were great fun. And provided wonderful times spent with first my brother and then with my son. They were both very proud to have me involved.

“In the days of my youth, I was told what it means to be a man / Now I've reached that age, I've tried to do all those things the best I can.”

(Jimmy Page, Robert Plant, John Paul Jones & John Bonham)

Have you ever coached a youth sports team? 1 month 2 weeks ago #3646240

• WWWoody
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1348
  • Honor Medal 2010
I coached baseball and softball for many years, youth wrestling as well. Lots of good times.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Bruce, AntiqueLace1

God Bless America

Have you ever coached a youth sports team? 1 month 2 weeks ago #3646248

• WWWoody
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1348
  • Honor Medal 2010
Too many stories to post. I did have a kid steal second base once, from third!!!! I just about dropped an f-bomb on that one. Close call.

God Bless America

Have you ever coached a youth sports team? 1 month 1 week ago #3649141

• AntiqueLace1
  • AntiqueLace1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1571
  • Honor Medal 2010

WWWoody wrote: Too many stories to post. I did have a kid steal second base once, from third!!!! I just about dropped an f-bomb on that one. Close call.

Yes, close call wink.png

• Page:
Moderators: mikePatssmilesrus10Pascalou
Time to create page: 0.200 seconds