Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Less serious topics and relaxing chat

TOPIC: Grocery store etiquette

Grocery store etiquette 3 months 3 days ago #3645584

  • senile1
  • senile1's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Posts: 2936
  • Well said received: 1864
  • Points: 3384
  • Honor Medal 2010
yes.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Serena77

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Grocery store etiquette 3 months 1 day ago #3646658

  • Serena77
  • Serena77's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Posts: 6497
  • Well said received: 11532
  • Points: 395456
  • Honor Medal 2010
We have a lot of people who practice common sense and good etiquette on Buzz50
Kudos to us all! (;;)

Thank you for posting.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

"money buys everything,
but ............common sense."

Grocery store etiquette 3 months 1 day ago #3646744

  • altshovel
  • altshovel's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Posts: 554
  • Well said received: 1399
  • Points: 119318
  • Honor Medal 2010
Yes. And I've developed patience in my old age. I'm in no hurry, usually.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Serena77

Please Log in to join the conversation.

“Someone has said that it requires less mental effort to condemn than to think.”

Grocery store etiquette 3 months 6 hours ago #3647192

  • oldal
  • oldal's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Posts: 2304
  • Well said received: 2543
  • Points: 186085
  • Honor Medal 2010
I usually only have 3-4 items myself, others rarely let me go ahead of them.

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Well Said: Serena77, WWWoody

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, it's not the end
Last edit: by Pats. Reason: Picture inserted correctly.

Grocery store etiquette 3 months 4 hours ago #3647202

  • Assemble
  • Assemble's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Senior Buzzer
  • Senior Buzzer
  • Posts: 51
  • Well said received: 134
  • Points: 7456
  • Honor Medal 2010
If I have only a few items and am allowed in front of a fully laden trolley I repay the kindness by giving the person my fidelity card points.
It infuriates some of the staff at my local Tesco's but I think it's a nice way of saying thank you.
Instant reward for kindness
The following user(s) said Well Said: Serena77

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Grocery store etiquette 2 months 4 weeks ago #3647268

  • Vienna
  • Vienna's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Posts: 1145
  • Well said received: 1617
  • Points: 185466
  • Honor Medal 2010

Serena77 wrote:

If you are in line at the grocery store with a full cart
and the people behind you only have a few items,
do you let them go in front of you?




Yes but doesn't happen often these days because people tend to go to the self service checkouts if they have few items in their basket.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Serena77

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Grocery store etiquette 2 months 4 weeks ago #3647289

  • Pascalou
  • Pascalou's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Admin
  • Admin
  • Posts: 8747
  • Well said received: 2767
  • Points: 1822361
  • Honor Medal 2010

Bruce wrote: Yes always, I always do it even if there are 5 behind me with one or two items I let them all go.
I have to be honest when I am waiting behind two people and they have lots and only have 1 item and they just look and ignore me I think I wish my memory was good enough to remember your face as next time you are behind me with 1 item I am going to ask about every item they sell in the shop and take ages then I might search for my payment for ages too, lol

I never do though.



Bruce I must admit in the situation described above I don't hesitate to ask with a big smile '' Would you mind if I go first as I only have one item?" and never once did anyone refuse... so there is always a way.wink.png
The following user(s) said Well Said: Serena77

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Smile to life and life will smile back at you.
Last edit: by Pascalou.

Grocery store etiquette 2 months 4 weeks ago #3647292

  • Serena77
  • Serena77's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Posts: 6497
  • Well said received: 11532
  • Points: 395456
  • Honor Medal 2010

Vienna wrote:

Serena77 wrote:

If you are in line at the grocery store with a full cart
and the people behind you only have a few items,
do you let them go in front of you?




Yes but doesn't happen often these days because people tend to go to the self service checkouts if they have few items in their basket.


I never use those self-service check-outs as a general rule. Besides that, Aldi does not
have them. That is usually where I do my bulk shopping.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

"money buys everything,
but ............common sense."

Grocery store etiquette 2 months 4 weeks ago #3647301

  • Vienna
  • Vienna's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Posts: 1145
  • Well said received: 1617
  • Points: 185466
  • Honor Medal 2010

Serena77 wrote:

Vienna wrote:

Serena77 wrote:

If you are in line at the grocery store with a full cart
and the people behind you only have a few items,
do you let them go in front of you?




Yes but doesn't happen often these days because people tend to go to the self service checkouts if they have few items in their basket.


I never use those self-service check-outs as a general rule. Besides that, Aldi does not
have them. That is usually where I do my bulk shopping.



Me neither .
Self service checkouts seem to malfunction when they "see " me..:lol:
The following user(s) said Well Said: Serena77

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Grocery store etiquette 2 months 4 weeks ago #3647310

  • Serena77
  • Serena77's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Posts: 6497
  • Well said received: 11532
  • Points: 395456
  • Honor Medal 2010

Vienna wrote:

Serena77 wrote:

Vienna wrote:

Serena77 wrote:

If you are in line at the grocery store with a full cart
and the people behind you only have a few items,
do you let them go in front of you?




Yes but doesn't happen often these days because people tend to go to the self service checkouts if they have few items in their basket.


I never use those self-service check-outs as a general rule. Besides that, Aldi does not
have them. That is usually where I do my bulk shopping.



Me neither .
Self service checkouts seem to malfunction when they "see " me..:lol:


Exactly one of the reasons I don't use them. Our tenacity in pushing those buttons seems to be irksome to the computer chips
....or some other nonsense like that! :laugh:
The following user(s) said Well Said: Vienna

Please Log in to join the conversation.

"money buys everything,
but ............common sense."
Moderators: mikePatssmilesrus10Pascalou
Time to create page: 0.203 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum

Over 50 forums just for seniors Join Free here!

Buzz50 is one of the few sites where the forums are strictly restricted to those who are over 50 only.

Our senior forums are run by over 50s purely for over 50s to enjoy. If you like serious or even light hearted discussions then this is the place for you.