The TV Licence in the UK 3 months 1 week ago #3643377

• knighten
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Well said received: 495
  • Honor Medal 2010

Pats wrote:

knighten wrote:

Pats wrote: I can’t understand why some people seem to be so evasive about it, you are either legally required to have a licence or you’re not.
It’s seems pretty straightforward to me.

Spot on.You tell them you don't need a licence.They should accept it but they don't.They want to keep sending letters forms, making visits its pathetic.It is straightforward like you say but not for Capita it isn't.

Why should they just take someone’s word?.....not everyone is honest as has been said.

Because innocent until proven guilty,The BBC have to get the proof .We don't have to prove anything to them.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Bruce

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by knighten.

The TV Licence in the UK 3 months 1 week ago #3643429

• Pats
  • Admin
  • Admin
  • Well said received: 5671
  • Honor Medal 2010

knighten wrote:

Pats wrote:

knighten wrote:

Pats wrote: I can’t understand why some people seem to be so evasive about it, you are either legally required to have a licence or you’re not.

Spot on.You tell them you don't need a licence.They should accept it but they don't.They want to keep sending letters forms, making visits its pathetic.It is straightforward like you say but not for Capita it isn't.

Why should they just take someone’s word?.....not everyone is honest as has been said.

Because innocent until proven guilty,The BBC have to get the proof .We don't have to prove anything to them.

Of course, that is the basis of our law......but those 114,000 licence evaders were proven and convicted.

Happy to help.

The TV Licence in the UK 3 months 1 week ago #3643455

• knighten
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Honor Medal 2010

Pats wrote:

knighten wrote:

Pats wrote:

knighten wrote:

Of course, that is the basis of our law......but those 114,000 licence evaders were proven and convicted.

Yes there are thousands who don't need a licence and they don't have to justify themselves just like some people don't drive a car and there are people who don't pay their road tax and are convicted.The non car drivers are not harassed or questioned on why they have no car.They don't have to justify themselves.No different

The TV Licence in the UK 3 months 1 week ago #3643458

• Bruce
  • Bruce's Avatar Topic Author
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1651
  • Honor Medal 2010

Pats wrote:

knighten wrote:

Pats wrote:

knighten wrote:

proven by what evidence? A biased view of a biased company who are only in it to make money, Be honest here if Capita were not making a fortune out of it do you really think they would be doing it? They are a private company who rely on profit to continue nothing more or nothing less.
Nearly all the people who can afford a solicitor and fight the same convictions you mention had the verdict reversed,
It is easy for the BBC to have a top lawyer and some 19 year old single mum who hasn't a clue what she is in court for as she believes she has done nothing wrong to get ripped apart by a lawyer and the court see it the lawyers way always nearly.
96% of people who attend court for tv licensing offences do not take a solicitor according to the courts and the tv licence resistance organisation who keep an eye on these things and offer advice to people who need it ref tv licensing.
If the 96% took a solicitor it is said most would be correctly found not guilty, obviously the ones caught red handed with tv on boxes connected and a recorder full of programmes which have been recorded live since the licence expired still get prosecuted which is what it is.

Just because people want to be left alone and do not want any correspondence with a company they have no contract with it doesn't make them untrustworthy or a liar.
As said above innocent until proven guilty is the rule we live by, It is a sham though when Capita agents lie under oath to gain a warrant for money making proven many many times in courts and a sham when lawyers are employed to destroy people in court with laws made up by the company the lawyers represent none which are laws and only one which is an act to get a guilty verdict.
As we have seen with many cases a retrial can bring a very different outcome but when you are facing a lawyer and you can't afford one you haven't got a chance How can that be right.
The following user(s) said Well Said: knighten

LIVERPOOL FC PREMIER LEAGUE CHAMPIONS EUROPEAN CHAMPIONS AND WORLD CLUB CUP CHAMPIONS 2019-2020

The TV Licence in the UK 3 months 1 week ago #3643550

• Pats
  • Admin
  • Admin
  • Honor Medal 2010
It’s very strange, we have never been ‘harassed’ by anyone in regard to TV licensing nor do I personally know of or heard of anyone who has.

Happy to help.

The TV Licence in the UK 3 months 1 week ago #3643567

• knighten
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Honor Medal 2010

Pats wrote: It’s very strange, we have never been ‘harassed’ by anyone in regard to TV licensing nor do I personally know of or heard of anyone who has.

If you have always had a licence you never will be harassed of course.My point is those that don't why should they be
The following user(s) said Well Said: Bruce

The TV Licence in the UK 3 months 1 week ago #3643593

• Sandgrounder
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 2190
  • Honor Medal 2010
True knighten, but the last few weeks before the license runs out they always sent plenty of reminder Emails.

In the past, people have been bullied into buying a license because they had the equipment in their property, but that is no longer the case. You can have as much or as little equipment in your home, and it is only if you watch or record live programmes, do you need to have the license.
The following user(s) said Well Said: knighten

The TV Licence in the UK 3 months 1 week ago #3643823

• knighten
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Honor Medal 2010

Sandgrounder wrote: True knighten, but the last few weeks before the license runs out they always sent plenty of reminder Emails.

In the past, people have been bullied into buying a license because they had the equipment in their property, but that is no longer the case. You can have as much or as little equipment in your home, and it is only if you watch or record live programmes, do you need to have the license.

There is no law that says you have to respond to any letters or visits.I just throw all letters in the bin and never answer the door.They stand outside my house desperate to get a response and I watch them on camera until they go.It's good entertainment.They even say ignoring this letter is not an option.Another lie
The following user(s) said Well Said: Yo, Bruce

The TV Licence in the UK 3 months 1 week ago #3643825

• Pats
  • Admin
  • Admin
  • Honor Medal 2010

knighten wrote:

Pats wrote: It’s very strange, we have never been ‘harassed’ by anyone in regard to TV licensing nor do I personally know of or heard of anyone who has.

If you have always had a licence you never will be harassed of course.My point is those that don't why should they be

We don’t have a licence and we have never been harassed.

Happy to help.

The TV Licence in the UK 3 months 1 week ago #3643828

• Jane R
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 904
  • Honor Medal 2010
Do you not own a TV or watch one then, Pats?

Moderators: mikePatssmilesrus10Pascalou
Time to create page: 0.222 seconds