TOPIC: The TV Licence in the UK

The TV Licence in the UK 4 months 2 weeks ago #3643259

• Bruce
  • Bruce's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1430
  • Honor Medal 2010

Sandgrounder wrote: Unfortunately knighten, there are some dishonest people out there, who will try to get out of paying for anything. So when they do call to ask, I will politely tell them that I do not need a license, and leave it at that. The only time they are legally able to come into the house, is if they are accompanied by a police office who is in possession of an appropriate warrant, granting them access. At the moment, everything I used to record live, I'm still able to view a few days after it first aired on TV by using the appropriate streaming service over the internet.

No one has to have something to hide if they refuse to talk to these door visitors or refuse them entry, they are only there to make money from you for their company.
To many people believe the rubbish they are fed because it is on the BBC or a official website usually put up with the BBC behind it.

Watch this a program Matt Allwright the tv presenter did after he learned the truth.

Matt Allwright reveals the BBC scam

Or this George Galloway explaining why the BBC is out of touch.

George Galloway talks BBC

Or this which was done undercover by a reporter who applied for a job working for the people who come knocking on your door, all about the money. This is Part1 if you want to watch part 2 or more if there is more you know how to find it.

BBC tv licence Goons exposed

The law is the law and these people who use trickery and scams to try and riddle in between the lines of the law make me sick even more when they just prey on the vulnerable.

This one is from Lord Botham who is standing up to the BBC bullying old people sending threatening collection agencies to their doors threatening and scaring them in to paying when in many cases they either don't need to or suffer dementia and other illnesses and shouldn't be spoken to by these visiting thugs.

Lord Botham on The elderly and the BBC Bullying.

The sooner we get a vote on what should be done correctly with the BBC the better, they have had it their own extremely unfair way for too long.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

LIVERPOOL FC PREMIER LEAGUE CHAMPIONS EUROPEAN CHAMPIONS AND WORLD CLUB CUP CHAMPIONS 2019-2020

The TV Licence in the UK 4 months 2 weeks ago #3643272

• Bruce
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Honor Medal 2010
This is an excellent explanation

TV Licence explanation.
The following user(s) said Well Said: knighten

LIVERPOOL FC PREMIER LEAGUE CHAMPIONS EUROPEAN CHAMPIONS AND WORLD CLUB CUP CHAMPIONS 2019-2020

The TV Licence in the UK 4 months 2 weeks ago #3643278

• knighten
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Well said received: 478
  • Honor Medal 2010

Pats wrote:

knighten wrote:

Sandgrounder wrote: Got a follow up Email from TV licensing yesterday, saying they have updated their records showing I no longer need a TV license, and I will receive no more Emails or letters from them until nearer the time of June 2023, when the declaration runs out, and I will need to register again. They also said they may come and check up on me at some point to confirm my circumstances have not changed etc., which is what I would expect them to say and do.

It is a nerve saying they will check.It is none of their business.You tell them when the circumstances change they have no business asking.I just don't answer the door or reply to any emails or letters.Lots of people don't have tv or use one they shouldn't need to justify anything.

It is their business...

When Sandgrounder’s ‘no licence needed’ declaration runs out, they will no double check that the circumstances have not changed before issuing a new one, it stands to reason.

If you have nothing to hide, you have nothing to fear.....and as Sandgrounder said, there are too many that are not truthful and this unfortunately reflects on all of us.

Yep is not a legal document means nothing.Does not prove anything.No one is required by law to sign it

Last edit: by knighten.

The TV Licence in the UK 4 months 2 weeks ago #3643295

• Pats
  • Admin
  • Admin
  • Well said received: 5529
  • Honor Medal 2010
I can’t understand why some people seem to be so evasive about it, you are either legally required to have a licence or you’re not.
It’s seems pretty straightforward to me.

Happy to help.

The TV Licence in the UK 4 months 2 weeks ago #3643296

• Bruce
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Honor Medal 2010

knighten wrote:
Yep is not a legal document means nothing.Does not prove anything.No one is required by law to sign it

That is what they play on to get money out your pocket, people believing it is a legal requirement.
You have no contract with the BBC which you don't have the second your last TV Licence runs out.
That is why they try the auto renewal and then just try to charge you but they cannot as proven in law many times, they cannot charge you if you didn't ask for it and the company policy of auto renewal will not stand up in court as the law out ways companies policies every day of the week.
If you don't want a contract with them you don't have to and it is up to them to uphold their end of the contract and remove their programmes from your screen but they don't so they can prey on people with the scam.

On a modern tv have you ever tried deleting the BBC owned Channels? you can't I wonder why not?
The following user(s) said Well Said: knighten

The TV Licence in the UK 4 months 2 weeks ago #3643299

• knighten
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Well said received: 478
  • Honor Medal 2010

Pats wrote: I can’t understand why some people seem to be so evasive about it, you are either legally required to have a licence or you’re not.

Spot on.You tell them you don't need a licence.They should accept it but they don't.They want to keep sending letters forms, making visits its pathetic.It is straightforward like you say but not for Capita it isn't.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Bruce

Last edit: by knighten.

The TV Licence in the UK 4 months 2 weeks ago #3643334

• Pats
  • Admin
  • Admin
  • Honor Medal 2010

knighten wrote:

Pats wrote: I can’t understand why some people seem to be so evasive about it, you are either legally required to have a licence or you’re not.

Spot on.You tell them you don't need a licence.They should accept it but they don't.They want to keep sending letters forms, making visits its pathetic.It is straightforward like you say but not for Capita it isn't.

Why should they just take someone’s word?.....not everyone is honest as has been said.

Happy to help.

The TV Licence in the UK 4 months 2 weeks ago #3643356

• Bruce
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Honor Medal 2010

knighten wrote:

Because accepting your word for it is not profitable simple as that.
One guy took it upon himself to ignore the Capita agents and deal direct with the BBC and guess what happened?
Watch the video below you will laugh your socks off at the absolute nerve of the BBC.
They send people and letters to harass you morning noon and night but send one letter to them and they send the police around absolute joke.

BBC taking the mick big time.

They cannot accept people are honest and they cannot accept some people don't want Capita agents coming in to their houses as some people are very private, also the law says you don't have to let these people in they are confidence tricksters as proven many times in courts they lie many times and do any dirty trick in the book to extract money from you.
End of the day if you don't need a licence that should be it job done the BBC can either like it or not. If they think your lying then let the BBC contact the police if it is a criminal offence.
Oops they don't as they know the police will not take it on as a criminal offence so employ Capita to try and con you as proven many times.

The TV Licence in the UK 4 months 2 weeks ago #3643359

• Pats
  • Admin
  • Admin
  • Honor Medal 2010
There were 114,000 convictions of TV licence fee evaders in 2019.

And yet some say ‘They should take people’s word fo it’ if they say they don’t need one..

Happy to help.

The TV Licence in the UK 4 months 1 week ago #3643376

• Bruce
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Honor Medal 2010

Pats wrote: There were 114,000 convictions of TV licence fee evaders in 2019.

And yet some say ‘They should take people’s word fo it’ if they say they don’t need one..

That number includes thousands who did not need a licence but as they had an old sky box in the house or shed or an old freeview box they are guilty to according to BBC rules, Many women got prosecuted because in their houses they had a hole in the wall which you can plug an ariel wire in to as thousands of council houses these days are made that way and their tv's have an ariel hole as every tv does, even if no wire was connected or a wire found in the search they got found guilty because the BBC have had such a run at making up their own rules for decades they can say the rules have been broken it is absolute rubbish.

What about the ones who haven't a clue haven't got any ariel just a tv in a study to use as a monitor for a pc yet the BBC have now changed the rules to if the pc can receive tv channels you need a licence, Every PC can receive channels if you have the program to run the channels on your pc is beside the point according to BBC rules.

The majority of people who get prosecuted are the ones like this who haven't a clue they are doing wrong but no warning or explanation just bang hit them as hard as possible so Capita and the BBC make money simple as.

What about the thousands of pensioners who thought they were getting a free tv licence and suffer with memory problems yet get done for not having a licence they all add up to the grand total the BBC and Capita want out there so they can carry on their scam.

If a warrant to search your house has been issued the law says Capita must inform the named at the address they have a warrant and are coming they have to give so long notice by law as to make the warrant valid.
Who in the right mind is going to leave everything connected and get caught red handed watching tv without a licence? they would remove the stuff as thousands do no doubt.
The prosecutions are made up from a company who are a rule to themselves and unless you have no tv, no ariel, no pc, no smartphone, no laptop or any other gadget and no internet connection they have a rule as to why you will get prosecuted it is a scam, also if you have none of the above they will be awkward as anything to try and get a prosecution for obstruction of the warrant which again they put down as a tv licence offence. Even at the end of the search with a warrant they ask you sign some paperwork and you say no thanks you found nothing now go away it is obstruction of the warrant, they don't really need a signature as they have done all their checks in front of the police and marked it all down on their systems the signature move is just another way of obstruction to get more money out your pocket, Proven in court they do not need a signature if there is no rules broken it is a scam.

I am beyond comprehension how people don't know what a scam the BBC are running after it has been proven thousands of times in court and the people who worked for the BBC like Noel Edmunds has stood up on TV and said he has cancelled his licence due to the bullying tactics the BBC employ at licence level and said it is a scam after he worked for them for 30 years.
How many people have got to be falsely prosecuted or harassed and bullied until it starts getting more peoples attention.

Past caring to be honest but I do believe those who turn a blind eye and believe the BBC run a clean honest fair system with the licence system are just as much responsible for innocent people getting prosecuted as the BBC for doing it. As someone else said on a different thread wake up UK and smell the coffee. Look at the evidence from our courts and the people who do know professionals who have worked in the BBC and more ask lawyers if what they do is completely legal they will tell us no it is border line blackmail and demanding money with menace. That was from a solicitor who carried out a case against the BBC and won.

Any way over and out please yourselves how you want to think that is your right I respect other peoples opinions even if I don't agree with them. All I can do is point out the truths of the matter.

Moderators: mikePatssmilesrus10Pascalou
Time to create page: 0.221 seconds