• Pats
  • Admin
  • Admin
  • Well said received: 5671
  • Honor Medal 2010

knighten wrote:

Pats wrote:

knighten wrote:
That is why it should be a subscription not forced on people.You can continue to pay £159 per year whilst others can have the choice of not paying.Lots of people can not afford to pay and are getting criminal records.Mostly women.It is an outrage you can get a criminal record just for being poor

‘Have the choice of not paying?’

Is this the same choice as those who refuse to tax and insure their cars?......there is no ‘choice’ when it’s a legal requirement..

This is blatant encouragement to break the law.

Not the same.Most people on benefits don't have a car because its not affordable.Watching tv should be available for all for free.It should be decriminilized.You are saying It is ok for the poor not to have the right to watch television.Having a choice should not come into it

Please show me where I said that..:huh:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Happy to help.

The TV Licence in the UK 3 months 2 weeks ago #3641394

• knighten
  • Away
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Well said received: 495
  • Honor Medal 2010

Pats wrote:

knighten wrote:

Pats wrote:

knighten wrote:
That is why it should be a subscription not forced on people.You can continue to pay £159 per year whilst others can have the choice of not paying.Lots of people can not afford to pay and are getting criminal records.Mostly women.It is an outrage you can get a criminal record just for being poor

Is this the same choice as those who refuse to tax and insure their cars?......there is no ‘choice’ when it’s a legal requirement..

Not the same.Most people on benefits don't have a car because its not affordable.Watching tv should be available for all for free.It should be decriminilized.You are saying It is ok for the poor not to have the right to watch television.Having a choice should not come into it

You said its ok because its the law.

The TV Licence in the UK 3 months 2 weeks ago #3641395

• knighten
  • Away
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Honor Medal 2010
The fact is 200,000 people a year are put through the courts for non payment of the licence 74 percent women.Most get a criminal record and most are decent people.It is an outrage that court time is wasted and peoples lives are damaged because of an outdated system that discriminates against sections of our society
The following user(s) said Well Said: Yo, Keeper, Bruce

Last edit: by knighten.

The TV Licence in the UK 3 months 2 weeks ago #3641397

• Pats
  • Admin
  • Admin
  • Honor Medal 2010

knighten wrote:

Pats wrote:

knighten wrote:

Pats wrote:

knighten wrote:

It is the law, just as it is the law to tax and insure our cars......we can’t bend the laws to suit ourselves.

If you don’t like certain laws, then lobby for change, don’t just disregard them and then complain if you fall foul of it.
The following user(s) said Well Said: cahoots, Ivorbigwedge, QuinTSensual

Happy to help.
Last edit: by Pats.

The TV Licence in the UK 3 months 2 weeks ago #3641401

• knighten
  • Away
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Honor Medal 2010

Pats wrote:

knighten wrote:

Pats wrote:

knighten wrote:

Pats wrote:

knighten wrote:

It is the law, just as it is the law to tax and insure our cars......we can’t bend the laws to suit ourselves.

A law that discriminates.To me it is totally unacceptable

The TV Licence in the UK 3 months 2 weeks ago #3641405

• Pats
  • Admin
  • Admin
  • Honor Medal 2010

knighten wrote:

Pats wrote:

knighten wrote:

A law that discriminates.To me it is totally unacceptable

Then lobby for change.
The following user(s) said Well Said: cahoots

Happy to help.

The TV Licence in the UK 3 months 2 weeks ago #3641422

• QuinTSensual
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 2071
  • Honor Medal 2010

knighten wrote: That is why it should be a subscription not forced on people.You can continue to pay £159 per year whilst others can have the choice of not paying. Lots of people can not afford to pay and are getting criminal records.Mostly women.It is an outrage you can get a criminal record just for being poor

Elucidating. So when Television licensing officers enter the premises to check TV usage. It's in their interests to let them see for themselves.
Mindful that they may make repeated visits to re-check.
As Mr A Sponger explains, lighting a 67p cigarette. "Its Economics"
"We only get Universal Benefits amounting to £19.53 a day".
"We only watch Live soccer, Cbeebies and weather reports on that 60" screen".
"Any other, is Subscription paid streaming"!
"If there's any doubts. I call the Bookmaker on this Smart phone. He's the one that advises on family expenditure".
"The last being. "Skip the TV licence, otherwise your only have £19.10 for essentials" sic

Always assuming Mr A Sponger doesn't mind Inspectors constantly kicking his sawdust for the sake of 43p!

"Out of the Eyes and Words of Children. We 'May', be best Known."
Last edit: by Eira. Reason: Edited the incorrectly amended clip from a previous nested quote

The TV Licence in the UK 3 months 2 weeks ago #3641423

• knighten
  • Away
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Honor Medal 2010
30 percent of all criminal prosecutions against women in the UK are for non payment of the tv licence.Says it all about the injustice of it
The following user(s) said Well Said: Yo, Keeper, Bruce

The TV Licence in the UK 3 months 2 weeks ago #3641425

• knighten
  • Away
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Honor Medal 2010

QuinTSensual wrote:

knighten wrote: That is why it should be a subscription not forced on people.You can continue to pay £159 per year whilst others can have the choice of not paying. Lots of people can not afford to pay and are getting criminal records.Mostly women.It is an outrage you can get a criminal record just for being poor

Elucidating. So when Television licensing officers enter the premises to check TV usage. It's in their interests to let them see for themselves.
Mindful that they may make repeated visits to re-check.
As Mr A Sponger explains, lighting a 67p cigarette. "Its Economics"

"We only get Universal Benefits amounting to £19.53 a day".
"We only watch Live soccer, Cbeebies and weather reports on that 60" screen".
"Any other, is Subscription paid streaming"!
"If there's any doubts. I call the Bookmaker on this Smart phone. He's the one that advises on family expenditure".
"The last being. "Skip the TV licence, otherwise your only have £19.10 for essentials" sic

Always assuming Mr A Sponger doesn't mind Inspectors constantly kicking his sawdust for the sake of 43p!

I wouldn't say 74 percent of people prosecuted are Mr Sponger.Most are single mothers on benefits who struggle to pay their bills.This fee is not means tested.Only 26 percent of men are prosecuted.The facts are clear
The following user(s) said Well Said: Bruce

Last edit: by Eira. Reason: Edited incorrectly amended clip from a previous nest of quotes

The TV Licence in the UK 3 months 2 weeks ago #3641441

• QuinTSensual
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 2071
  • Honor Medal 2010

knighten wrote:
I wouldn't say 74 percent of people prosecuted are Mr Sponger.
Most are single mothers on benefits
who struggle to pay their bills.This fee is not means tested.Only 26 percent of men are prosecuted.The facts are clear

Its by no means unusual for Females to take the flak for Male partners.>> Favourable court mitigation.
Meanwhile. Re Single Mothers, They had the option to cater for their options.
State provided FREE Contraceptives, for starters!
We would be hard pushed to find any other Nation, that covers with Benefits. Irresponsible 'Freedom of Will', to be tapped.
Yet another expense, for the majority with a semblance of morality.

"Out of the Eyes and Words of Children. We 'May', be best Known."
Last edit: by Eira. Reason: Edited incorrectly amended clip from a previous nest of quotes
Moderators: mikePatssmilesrus10Pascalou
Time to create page: 0.227 seconds