TOPIC: The TV Licence in the UK

The TV Licence in the UK 1 month 4 weeks ago #3660544

• Bruce
  • Bruce's Avatar Topic Author
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1651
  • Honor Medal 2010
So after all the discussion I want to ask a simple question Do you believe the TV Licence is good value? and if it became a subscription service would you pay the subscription to watch what the BBC offer?

My opinion is No and No.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

LIVERPOOL FC PREMIER LEAGUE CHAMPIONS EUROPEAN CHAMPIONS AND WORLD CLUB CUP CHAMPIONS 2019-2020
Last edit: by Bruce.

The TV Licence in the UK 1 month 4 weeks ago #3660861

• Sandgrounder
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 2190
  • Honor Medal 2010
It depends on what you want to watch on the BBC. A lot of the programmes once they have been broadcast for the first time and aired on the TV, are then at a later date uploaded onto YouTube, Instagram and Facebook. As these are streaming services, so it is legal to watch the programmes on these platforms without a licence.

The TV Licence in the UK 1 month 2 weeks ago #3666491

• Sandgrounder
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Honor Medal 2010
Here we are at the end of July, my second full month of not having a TV Licence. I keep looking around on the internet and I'm still finding plenty of sites where BBC programmes are being uploaded and I can watch them legally, if I want to.

The TV Licence in the UK 1 month 2 weeks ago #3667144

• knighten
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Well said received: 495
  • Honor Medal 2010
Capita are now sending people to the addresses of the elderly who have not paid their licence.I have told my parents not to talk to any stranger who knocks the door warned them they might be criminals or thieves attempting to harm them or trick their way into the property.

Last edit: by knighten.

The TV Licence in the UK 1 month 2 weeks ago #3667600

• Sandgrounder
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Honor Medal 2010
What people have to remember is that the people from Capita are just glorified salesmen who have absolutely no right to enter into your home. You do not have to speak to them and in fact should not. If they call on you and you open the door to them, once they have identified themselves, just shut the door without saying anything. Someone to watch on YouTube is Chillijoncarne , he has lots of videos explaining things.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Yo, knighten, Bruce

The TV Licence in the UK 1 month 1 week ago #3673114

• knighten
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Well said received: 495
  • Honor Medal 2010
My parents just received their letter to renew the licence .Bit of a difference from the bullying letters with big red words threatening to come to your property informing you you can go to prison.Nice green words so enviromental and fluffy to make them seem like they care.I rang them told them no visits no more letters as licence is not required

Last edit: by knighten.

The TV Licence in the UK 1 month 1 week ago #3673460

• Sandgrounder
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Honor Medal 2010
I registered online earlier this year, and once they confirmed, they said I would not receive any letters or Emails for two years, which is the longest period you register for. They did say I may receive a visit so they could check. As they are just a sales person, you are not obligated to even open the door to them, so if they ever do call, then I will just confirm no change to my current circumstances and leave it at that. Having had two months without a licence, it has amazed me when looking around on the internet, as to how many BBC programmes are uploaded to the likes of Facebook, YouTube and Instagram, that one can legally watch without a licence. I may have to wait a few days or a week before I see the programme, but I don't find that a problem.
The following user(s) said Well Said: knighten

Moderators: mikePatssmilesrus10Pascalou
Time to create page: 1.388 seconds