• Bruce's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1869
  • Honor Medal 2010

Pats wrote:

Bruce wrote:

Pats wrote: I have always found that a non-aggressive stance has served me well over the years in all matters.
There has never been a reason for TV Licencing callers to call at our door anyway, and I don’t personally know anyone who has.

No offence Pats but since Lord Botham has complained to parliament and with covid being rife Capita the agents for the BBC licensing have been told to stay away from people over 55 and just send letters instead,
Many many folk if you look online and at the number of people who they have obviously contacted to get a prosecution many falsely and are being contested in courts and those whom they cannot get a prosecution on that is a hell of a lot of people whom the agents are visiting.

The courts are reported to be sick of it like they did when a company called Atos were making money every time they used to sign people of the sick after ridiculous interviews and the same people with severe disabilities had to go to court to get the decisions reversed. Atos didn't care they had already been paid for signing them off, The same as Capita get paid when as soon as a court case is over, the appeal makes no difference to Capita.
The courts became over run dealing with disability cases and it is getting that way with tv licensing as people get wiser to it.

Why would I be offended......I stand by what I said above.

‘We have never had anyone call at our door about TV licensing nor do I know anyone that has’

Are we a minority?:unsure:

Seeing as how many people have been taken to court 121000 or the 62.4 million threatening letters the BBC have sent out in one year followed by house visits I would suggest if you haven't had a visit then yes you are a small minority.
UK population including children etc is 66.65 million people, The BBC sent out 62.4 million letters in a year ref people not having a licence telling them the usual lies of you have to buy one etc (threatening letters basically blackmail as proven in courts)

62.4 million letters when there is only 1.7 million adults in the UK who don't hold a tv licence, The figures on house visits is not supplied as many visits are not registered by agents when they get ignored or no one answers the door but the estimated figure is around the 40 million mark.

So if you get a reminder to renew your tv licence and you do then no more letters are sent (they have your money)
If you don't renew how many letters are sent to people who haven't got one? quite a few if you do the maths.
The BBC have a policy where when your licence runs out they auto renew it so they don't need to send letters to remind you they just send the licence and the DD agreement and unless you cancel it the payments for your licence continues as before so no need to send letters or visit you.

It is border line harassment sometime harassment has been proven in courts.
Innocent until proven guilty is the law and the law states we do not have to prove we don't require a tv licence at all if the BBC don't believe you tough they can accept it or not, the public have no law in place to say we have to prove ourselves if they don't believe you. Hence all the tricks they play to try and get in your house and then know full well it is very rare they are going to find someone who is watching tv illegally so they ask questions which are impossible to answer and ask for things which it is impossible to supply so they can get it back to court on obstruction of the warrant to try and get money out your pocket if they can't charge you for requiring a tv licence as by their rules you don't need one.
This has been done over a hundred thousand times in the UK over the last few years,
It is a scam no different than those people who demand insurance money and if you refuse they burn your shop down or smash all your windows, The only difference is the BBC have massive funds (which we the tax payers pay to them) so they can buy the rules in to an Act so they can try and persecute the same tax payers for more money.

How anyone who learns the truth on how the BBC is run and how they constantly scam people and still think the TV Licence isn't due for a monstrous shake up I do not understand. The front of the BBC is all pretty and smiles but behind the truth is a very ugly monster, not my words proven time and time again in courts and by people who worked for the BBC like Noel Edmunds and Others.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

LIVERPOOL FC PREMIER LEAGUE CHAMPIONS EUROPEAN CHAMPIONS AND WORLD CLUB CUP CHAMPIONS 2019-2020
Last edit: by Bruce.

The TV Licence in the UK 1 month 2 weeks ago #3645862

• Sandgrounder
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 2581
  • Honor Medal 2010
Considering what it costs for postage these days here in the UK, that is going to be a lot of money on postage.

The TV Licence in the UK 1 month 2 weeks ago #3646157

• knighten
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Well said received: 358
  • Honor Medal 2010
I'd like to see a law where it is an offence to look through peoples windows.There is no reason to do it if you are a stranger.There are often children at home it can be very distressing.People were horrified by the Jimmy Savile thing.When will they learn
The following user(s) said Well Said: Keeper, Bruce

Last edit: by knighten.

The TV Licence in the UK 1 month 2 weeks ago #3646190

• Bruce
  • Away
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Honor Medal 2010

knighten wrote: I'd like to see a law where it is an offence to look through peoples windows.There is no reason to do it if you are a stranger.There are often children at home it can be very distressing.People were horrified by the Jimmy Savile thing.When will they learn

Had that years ago some agent peeping through my window when my 8 year old daughter was in the room, lets just say it is a good job they didn't have bodycams back then, he left and never came back.

I found this

Is it illegal to look through someone's window UK?
It is a crime for anyone who is on someone else's property without their consent to peek in or to view into a window of an inhabited building or other structure to observe persons who are inside under Penal Code 647(i) PC.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Keeper, knighten

LIVERPOOL FC PREMIER LEAGUE CHAMPIONS EUROPEAN CHAMPIONS AND WORLD CLUB CUP CHAMPIONS 2019-2020

The TV Licence in the UK 1 month 1 week ago #3647626

• knighten
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Well said received: 358
  • Honor Medal 2010
The BBC in in Scotland have banned white people from applying for a trainee job for the Springwatch and the One show.Time to scrap the licence white people being discriminated against.More wokeism and racism from the BBC.Mostly white people that are licence payers but they are banned from applying for a job says it all
The following user(s) said Well Said: Bruce

Last edit: by knighten.

The TV Licence in the UK 4 weeks 21 hours ago #3652997

• Sandgrounder
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Honor Medal 2010
Have got through my first month without a TV Licence. Most of what I watch has been on the catch up service or on YouTube, but mainly been watching Prime Video.

The TV Licence in the UK 4 weeks 18 hours ago #3653085

• Bruce
  • Away
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Honor Medal 2010
An 89 year old lady who went blind at the age of 73 so gave her tv to her son and got her son to contact the BBC and tell them she no longer needs a licence, it was all done and the BBC stated they wouldn't be contacting her for 2 years. They haven't contacted her at all so she basically forgot about the TV Licence existing.
Now after her friend was helping her with finances she found out the BBC have still being taking licence fee money every quarter for the last 16 years even after they supplied proof they had received the cancellation 16 years previous!
The BBC have refused to issue a refund as they say the cancelation is not on their system,
The court have declared the BBC wrong after seeing the evidence that they had acknowledged the cancellation many years previous and have told them they must refund the lady in full including court costs.
The BBC did not refund her and the lady ended up in court again to which the court ordered bailiffs to enter the BBC after many times the BBC have ignored the courts request for a refund to the lady and when the ladies solicitor has rung the BBC he kept getting palmed off with excuses and lies.

The threat of bailiffs has caused the BBC to say even though they don't feel they have committed any wrong doing they will issue the lady her refund and the costs as a good will payment offer to save her any more distress of having to go to courts and deal with the legal system.

Who do these arrogant ignorant bunch of parasites think they are? They screwed up it is all their in black and white and a judge rules against them then they think they can sweep it under the carpet and forget about it until bailiffs are called in then they think they can save face by saying it is a goodwill payment! Are these people for real?
The following user(s) said Well Said: cahoots

Last edit: by Bruce.

The TV Licence in the UK 4 weeks 12 hours ago #3653205

• Pats
  • Admin
  • Admin
  • Well said received: 5861
  • Honor Medal 2010
There are TV licence Concessions for blind people.

I would like to know more about this case, is there a link to this story?

Happy to help.
Last edit: by Pats.

The TV Licence in the UK 4 weeks 12 hours ago #3653220

• Bruce
  • Away
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Honor Medal 2010

Pats wrote: There are TV licence Concessions for blind people.

I would like to know more about this case, is there a link to this story?

I have searched everywhere for it and can't find it yet, which really boils my blood, it happened somewhere in Merton London I believe and I read it on a link on my daughters phone so it has to be out there somewhere local rag or some online social site.
I found the one about the guy who took them to court as they kept charging him when the licence was free and he won and again the BBC refused to pay out until bailiffs got in touch with them.
That's the one on youtube titled Bailiffs ordered to reclaim cash from the BBC.
The second I find the one on the blind lady I will post it.

The TV Licence in the UK 3 weeks 6 days ago #3653492

• Sandgrounder
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Honor Medal 2010
There have been several cases like this over the years, and a refund was only obtained after the BBC where taken to court.

Moderators: mikePatssmilesrus10Pascalou
Time to create page: 0.205 seconds