TOPIC: Two plus two equals five

Two plus two equals five 1 month 2 weeks ago #3625829

• Casual Tim
  • Casual Tim's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Buzzer
  • Junior Buzzer
  • Well said received: 49
  • Honor Medal 2010
Anyone else occasionally get the wrong end of the stick and get totally the wrong impression. You hear some of the facts and sometimes make assumptions, including about first impressions, but it turns out to be exactly the opposite to what you originally thought. It tends to be like adding two and two together and getting five or 55 or one miliion lol when it is so wide of the mark. I'm sure others have felt the same. It may be interesting to relay some of the tales. smile.png
The following user(s) said Well Said: QuietMouse01, Dan Dare, grahamg, Bruce

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Two plus two equals five 1 month 2 weeks ago #3625861

• Aida
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 2381
  • Honor Medal 2010
This happens to me a lot lately. An age thing ?
The following user(s) said Well Said: Dan Dare, grahamg, Casual Tim

Two plus two equals five 1 month 2 weeks ago #3625898

• Sandgrounder
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 2569
  • Honor Medal 2010
That's what I put it down to Aida. When something annoys me, especially on the Forum, I like to dwell on it for a while, rather than come in with all my guns blazing. From some of the recent comments from Admin, it sounds like a few other people should think about this before posting. wink.png :ohmy: I'm now ducking down behind my wall. :lol:
The following user(s) said Well Said: QuietMouse01, Dan Dare, Keeper, GerryM, Aida, grahamg, Robin, Casual Tim

Two plus two equals five 1 month 2 weeks ago #3625917

• Davenorave
  • Senior Buzzer
  • Senior Buzzer
  • Well said received: 126
  • Honor Medal 2010
Whilst I have on occasion come to a wrong conclusion on the available evidence. (Nothing particular comes to mind).
I am convinced by the saying. "There's No Smoke Without Fire". There is something to be said for a good healthy dose of scepticism.:dry:
The following user(s) said Well Said: Dan Dare, Robin, Casual Tim

Two plus two equals five 1 month 2 weeks ago #3625993

• senile1
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 602
  • Honor Medal 2010
" Never judge a book by it's cover" Always delve into and see what lies within.First impression's are many times not true impressions, it;s not til we've explored the contents do we get a true impression.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Robin, Casual Tim

Two plus two equals five 1 month 2 weeks ago #3626098

• Wren
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 328
  • Honor Medal 2010
Approaching a park one day, from our car I saw two lads , looking suspicious and passing something wrapped in paper, “Look, just look at that” I said to my daughter, “I bet that’s drugs” .......used to my vivid imagination, she raised her eyes and replied, “For Gods sake mum, they’re sharing a sausage roll” .....

So yes, I have been known to get the wrong end of the stick : :unsure:
The following user(s) said Well Said: Keeper, DaveA, grahamg, Robin, senile1, Casual Tim

Last edit: by Wren.

Two plus two equals five 1 month 2 weeks ago #3626313

• Casual Tim
  • Casual Tim's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Buzzer
  • Junior Buzzer
  • Well said received: 49
  • Honor Medal 2010
No smoke without fire? Hmmmm! Even enter the world of conspiracy theories, some so outlandish. Sometimes it may be better to count to a hundred, even a million. Or is it just the way our minds are sometimes slanted.

Even with a sausage roll there could be something more inside it that meat or a plant-base substitute. smile.png
The following user(s) said Well Said: Wren, senile1

Two plus two equals five 1 month 2 weeks ago #3626570

• GerryM
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Well said received: 535
  • Honor Medal 2010
Forget it all and go drink your plant based beer.

I don't think I could go for a nice cold red meat beer.

Two plus two equals five 1 month 2 weeks ago #3626582

• Bruce
  • Away
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1510
  • Honor Medal 2010
Of course I have got things wrong sometimes a little bit wrong and sometimes miles off the mark, I think it is normal to get things wrong it is what you do when you find out your wrong that matters.
I will hold my hands up and say ok I was wrong always have always will no shame in being wrong and no shame in admitting it.

I have never understood people who will never admit their in the wrong even when they know it themselves and we all must have met someone like that in our lives.

Reminds me of the disabled guy who was trying to hurry away from a gang of skinheads Doc Martins Red Braces the whole skinhead set up who were walking his way thinking they would pick on him and maybe mug him, In his rush he fell and snapped his walking stick, the skinheads helped him up and carried him to a shop in the town and replaced his walking stick for him they then carried him back to where he was going originally and wouldn't take a penny off him for the new walking stick which they paid for. Never judge a book by it's cover.
The following user(s) said Well Said: senile1

LIVERPOOL FC PREMIER LEAGUE CHAMPIONS EUROPEAN CHAMPIONS AND WORLD CLUB CUP CHAMPIONS 2019-2020

Two plus two equals five 1 month 2 weeks ago #3626627

• Elspeth
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 556
  • Honor Medal 2010
Yes, it happened to me when I worked in school. I gave a kid a row when I hadn't had all the story so once I did know I went to the child and apologised.
The following user(s) said Well Said: senile1

• Page:
Moderators: mikePatssmilesrus10Pascalou
Time to create page: 0.216 seconds