TOPIC: am i not mentally quite there?

am i not mentally quite there? 1 month 3 weeks ago #3623663

• aviator
  • aviator's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Well said received: 496
  • Honor Medal 2010
recent times have been quite grim for us. so many people we knew are no longer in this world.

my sentiments on these may not match up to those of many others.

i do not feel too bad for some of them, for those who were already quite ill considering this as a relief from suffering; for those who were all alone - meaning no companion or very close friend of their own, for best of the children or other relatives can not match up to a companion or friend; for whole family units being wiped out.

what made me sad was about a husband leaving a wife behind and vice versa or leaving behind a spouse plus minor children. the worst being both husband and wife gone, leaving behind minor children

what i feel bad about is more to do with sufferings than deaths.
The following user(s) said Well Said: cahoots, Dan Dare, Lenny, Keeper, Aida, Cats Meow, senile1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

am i not mentally quite there? 1 month 3 weeks ago #3623679

• Bruce
  • Away
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1510
  • Honor Medal 2010
I think it is because we accept the circle of life, we all live we all die.
When older or very sick people die it is never easy on the family but with me it is easier to accept as I know and accept no one lives forever.

Leaving behind younger children is very hard to accept I think we all know someone who has lost one or both parents at a young age and yes we really do feel for them it cannot be easy at all growing up without their parents.

My dad passed in 2018 and he had been ill for a while, it was still a shock to hear your dad is dead but it was a relief in a way as he wasn't suffering anymore. I feel for my mum I really do as since my dad passed she has aged 30 years in three years, her dementia has worsened she is looking very old now as before she always looked very young for her age, They were together since 1956 and married in 1960 and apart from my dads seas fishing trips now and again they never spent a day apart.
So No I don't think you are at all different than most who accept life isn't forever and to feel more for the ones left behind suffering, I think it is normal.
The following user(s) said Well Said: cahoots, Dan Dare, Aida, aviator, Cats Meow, senile1

LIVERPOOL FC PREMIER LEAGUE CHAMPIONS EUROPEAN CHAMPIONS AND WORLD CLUB CUP CHAMPIONS 2019-2020
Last edit: by Bruce.

am i not mentally quite there? 1 month 3 weeks ago #3623904

• spiritofspain
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 319
  • Honor Medal 2010
Any death is devastating.. as it affects different people in so many different ways
From the outside it may seem a relief ... but there is still a widow/widower/partner/parent/child/friend who will be suffering
Dealing with grief is so complex and there is not a one size fits all - :xxx:
The following user(s) said Well Said: cahoots, Dan Dare, Keeper, Cats Meow

Distance today will allow us to embrace tomorrow..............
Last edit: by spiritofspain.

am i not mentally quite there? 1 month 3 weeks ago #3624820

• senile1
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 602
  • Honor Medal 2010

Bruce wrote: I think it is because we accept the circle of life, we all live we all die.
When older or very sick people die it is never easy on the family but with me it is easier to accept as I know and accept no one lives forever.

Leaving behind younger children is very hard to accept I think we all know someone who has lost one or both parents at a young age and yes we really do feel for them it cannot be easy at all growing up without their parents.

My dad passed in 2018 and he had been ill for a while, it was still a shock to hear your dad is dead but it was a relief in a way as he wasn't suffering anymore. I feel for my mum I really do as since my dad passed she has aged 30 years in three years, her dementia has worsened she is looking very old now as before she always looked very young for her age, They were together since 1956 and married in 1960 and apart from my dads seas fishing trips now and again they never spent a day apart.
So No I don't think you are at all different than most who accept life isn't forever and to feel more for the ones left behind suffering, I think it is normal.

Here here !!! Upon being brought into life, @ some point we all must repay with that which was given to us.
The passing of the elderly is sad, but when we have to bury our young, that's a real tragedy. My mother buried a husband and 2 of her children,
The following user(s) said Well Said: cahoots, Pats, Dan Dare, Bruce, Cats Meow

am i not mentally quite there? 1 month 2 weeks ago #3625455

• Dan Dare
  • Expert Buzzer
  • Expert Buzzer
  • Well said received: 349
  • Honor Medal 2010
So sorry for the shock you're enduring Aviator,
Sure fingers can and should be pointed out.

Unmasked political campaigns for a start, like the US but without the resources. Despite all the (uxpected?)stuff ups in India, we Aussies and other nations will send them most of our excess ppe. God knows they need it.
The following user(s) said Well Said: cahoots, QuinTSensual

am i not mentally quite there? 1 month 2 weeks ago #3625462

• QuinTSensual
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 2110
  • Honor Medal 2010
Sincere Condolences India. So saddening to watch on TV what is unfolding.
Hang in there Aviator with Hope in your heart. The world has awoken, and help is on its way.
The following user(s) said Well Said: cahoots, Dan Dare

"Out of the Eyes and Words of Children. We 'May', be best Known."
  • Page:
Moderators: mikePatssmilesrus10Pascalou
Time to create page: 0.198 seconds