Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Less serious topics and relaxing chat
  • Page:

TOPIC: Ever accused of something you did not do?

Ever accused of something you did not do? 3 weeks 1 day ago #3619466

• Dennis 2
  • Dennis 2's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1093
  • Honor Medal 2010
I was in school and was given the punishment for it later the principal found out I told the truth yet nothing done for it, but later in life I had a traffic stop and behold there was Mr Pierce, I knew instantly who he was, after total checks I allowed him to leave with no citations being the better person but he did seem to sweat it awhile, he never did know who I was, I did ask if he ever was a school principal Yes. After my dad retained a lawyer and he contacted Mr Pierce he did admit I had told the truth and done nothing wrong, still nothing done about it nor was the guilty party ever given any punishment, I would not back down. I had the chance but did the right thing with it. I later found out the guilty party was kin to him. He was stopped for a traffic violation and given a warning only.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Schöne Dinge passieren in Ihrem Leben, wenn Sie sich distanzieren und negative Dinge und Menschen entfernen.

Ever accused of something you did not do? 3 weeks 1 day ago #3619478

• AntiqueLace1
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1715
  • Honor Medal 2010
YES, I most certainly have. In my entire life any number of times. Each time having to sort it out and
find out best how to approach the accusation or blame.

One that stands out is a coworker some years back, telling our boss that I was relaxing in his office
on my lunch hour, with my feet up on his desk smoking a cigarette while my employer was on vacation.

*I had never been in his office and did not smoke, BUT he believed her anyway. So there is light stuff
like that and of course some more significant accusations over the course of many years.

Ever accused of something you did not do? 3 weeks 1 day ago #3619494

• Minnesota Mike
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Well said received: 195
Yes I have.

Although if I also counted all the times I got away with something without anyone accusing me, I wonder which way the scales would tilt.

The most annoying examples of false accusations nowadays have come when I get a phone call from a bill collector, who somehow received my phone number as one where he/she could contact the person they were trying to track down. I try to be polite, explaining that I have no connection to the person at all, and that I know nothing about them. This often gets a cynical response, as if I am covering up for someone.

Hey, I could have hung up on you at the start. Instead, I patiently talked with you, and this is how you treat me?
The following user(s) said Well Said: Serena77

The older I get, the more I value kindness.

Ever accused of something you did not do? 3 weeks 1 day ago #3619497

• Dennis 2
  • Dennis 2's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1093
  • Honor Medal 2010
Good answer Mike M I usually switch languages and when they say I do not understand you go back to English and say the same back to them then what do you wish of me?
The following user(s) said Well Said: Minnesota Mike

Schöne Dinge passieren in Ihrem Leben, wenn Sie sich distanzieren und negative Dinge und Menschen entfernen.

Ever accused of something you did not do? 3 weeks 1 day ago #3619541

• Bruce
  • Away
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1683
  • Honor Medal 2010
To many times to write them all here.
I like Mike M now and again get the phone call from a debt collector asking for people I have never heard of,
I just explain they don't live here and I have never heard of them so sorry cannot help.
If they ring again they get the other me who is not at all polite.

My main accused of things I hadn't done was the local council taking me to court 3 times for non payment of council tax when I had paid it. Ended up with my local MP ripping a strip off the council tax officers and their department in front of me after we had a meeting at the council offices to sort it out. they never contacted me again over non payment, I have always paid every month with out fail and I pay 12 months not ten in case one time I can't get there or something so I am always in front on payments.
I took care of our local MPs and her families cars for many years before that event. crazy how they listened to her but ignored a magistrates court 3 times and me 4 times.

Getting sent to a detention centre for something I didn't do as none of the police would listen to me was annoying.
Was only 3 days before they realised they had the wrong person I didn't even get a sorry or a lift home.

LIVERPOOL FC PREMIER LEAGUE CHAMPIONS EUROPEAN CHAMPIONS AND WORLD CLUB CUP CHAMPIONS 2019-2020

Ever accused of something you did not do? 3 weeks 1 day ago #3619668

• altshovel
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1830
  • Honor Medal 2010
Sure. I can't remember an example but yeah.

“Someone has said that it requires less mental effort to condemn than to think.”

Ever accused of something you did not do? 3 weeks 17 hours ago #3619802

• Sandgrounder
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 2825
  • Honor Medal 2010
There have been several occasions over the years, spanning several countries and contracts. Learnt to take the hit and move on.

Ever accused of something you did not do? 2 weeks 6 days ago #3620192

• Fyrefox
  • Junior Buzzer
  • Junior Buzzer
  • Well said received: 50
  • Honor Medal 2010
Oh, yes! When I was in 2nd grade, I had conferred upon me the coveted position of "Ball Captain" for a week. This meant I was entrusted with carrying the kickball in and out at recess, plus had to chase after and retrieve it when the ball was kicked out of bounds. Well, one day a classmate kicked the ball high and far, and on its descent it beaned the crabby, much-feared 3rd grade teacher out on duty right on the head! As was my duty, I went to retrieve the errant ball, and the dreaded teacher automatically assumed that I was the one who had kicked it. She verbally ripped me up one side and down the other, and I was so terrified at seeing hell unleashed right before me that I had no opportunity to offer a defense, and just stood there and took my undeserved chastisement. The incident remains with me to this day... :S

"A fox is a wolf who sends flowers." -- Ruth Brown

Ever accused of something you did not do? 2 weeks 6 days ago #3620226

• TwistNShout
  • Expert Buzzer
  • Expert Buzzer
  • Well said received: 226
  • Honor Medal 2010
Like others, there have been a few, but two main ones still rankle

When I was 7 or 8 a teacher noticed that one of the girls at school had a black eye and bruises on her body, when he asked her where she got them from she told him I did it. He dragged me into his class, we weren't in the same class, and tore me off a strip threatening to give me a beating to see how I liked it. Reduced me nearly to tears. After a few days my mother managed to get me to tell her why I was so upset and what had happened. The result was her tearing this teacher off a strip in front of the head mistress and threatening to involve the police if he ever so much as looked at me funny, talked to me or about me ever again. My mother also pointed out that the girl's father was well known for hitting his wife and kids so they should be looking a lot nearer home.

The other one was when I was about 20, I had been out drinking in the nearest town with a mate drinking and we were walking home when a police car pulled up. We were accused of matching the description of a couple of men who had broken a shop window in town. Loaded in the car and taken to the station, accused of drink driving because we had car/motorbike keys in our pockets - told if we would just confess there would be a caution and we could go. Eventually at about 5am we were just turfed out with a "we'll be following up" and it made very clear that they thought we had done it and we needed to watch our step. Meanwhile our parents had been worrying, my mate's dad had phoned the police station and local hospitals to see if we had been in an accident or something, the police denied all knowledge of us. When our formal complaint was submitted it turned out the description was two men, one possibly with brown hair, and it had happened about ten minutes before we were picked up, walking about three miles away from the incident. We did get a formal apology and confirmation that all records had been removed from our record but I do wonder what would have happened if two, slightly drunk, naïve youngsters had just accepted the caution due to being bullied.

To balance things out, when I beat up my sister's boyfriend because he had been beating her a police sergeant took me to one side and basically said "I know you did it, and I don't blame you given what he did, but I can't prove it and I'm not going to look too hard. If he hits her again, and he probably will, don't take the law into your own hands and try to get her to testify against him." So I guess that balances things out a bit. wink.png
The following user(s) said Well Said: WWWoody, Minnesota Mike

vivamus vitae non paenitenda

Ever accused of something you did not do? 2 weeks 6 days ago #3620232

• WWWoody
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1601
  • Honor Medal 2010
I was in Sacramento, California watching my daughter play softball when two officers surrounded me, aggressively I might add. I looked like a fellow that was drunk and disorderly at the ballpark. After realizing I wasn’t their guy they were very polite. Things happen.

Murica!
  • Page:
Moderators: mikePatssmilesrus10Pascalou
Time to create page: 0.090 seconds