Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Less serious topics and relaxing chat

TOPIC: DO YOU THINK THAT WE WILL ONE DAY BECOME A CASHLESS SOCIETY?

DO YOU THINK THAT WE WILL ONE DAY BECOME A CASHLESS SOCIETY? 3 weeks 2 days ago #3618823

• Sandgrounder
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 2825
  • Honor Medal 2010
Still write cheques now and again. Last one was earlier this year as the guy wanted cash for cutting my hedge, but I couldn't do it as I had no money at the time.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

DO YOU THINK THAT WE WILL ONE DAY BECOME A CASHLESS SOCIETY? 3 weeks 2 days ago #3618927

• Dollie
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Well said received: 195

Steffiegirl wrote: Dollie - what would you do if you lost your card (hope you don't). I mean the bank arn't very quick on sending out new ones.......(I suppose you have a few cards)...

Hi Steffie, I use what I call my ‘work’ card, it’s a debit card & only has around 20/30 quid maximum on any given day,

it doesn’t have any overdraft on it....so no harm done if I were to lose it
I also carry an Oyster card with cash on for transport for back up in the event of loss or stolen.

Problem is...It’s just too busy up the west end (the city)and pickpockets are rife....many colleagues have been done.

I wear a small cross body bag under my overcoat, Mac.
This is far far safer than messing about with lots of cash or any other type of card.
I do carry a few quid loose change in my bag, for just in case tho thankfully I’ve never needed it.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Never take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night !!
Last edit: by Dollie.
Moderators: mikePatssmilesrus10Pascalou
Time to create page: 0.081 seconds