Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Less serious topics and relaxing chat

TOPIC: DO YOU THINK THAT WE WILL ONE DAY BECOME A CASHLESS SOCIETY?

DO YOU THINK THAT WE WILL ONE DAY BECOME A CASHLESS SOCIETY? 3 weeks 3 days ago #3618276

• Sandgrounder
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 2825
  • Honor Medal 2010
It could happen at some point in the future. While we still have third world countries it will not happen as they do not have their people all educated to a standard where they will be able to be in a position to have the technology to do so.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Butterfly123

Please Log in to join the conversation.

DO YOU THINK THAT WE WILL ONE DAY BECOME A CASHLESS SOCIETY? 3 weeks 3 days ago #3618302

• Bruce
  • Away
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1683
  • Honor Medal 2010
Eventually yes I think we will, Security with any transaction with electrical gadgets phones cards etc needs improving a lot before we do though.

For me cash is king I only deal in cash, I don't use banks they are not secure enough as we see by thousands of hackings a day and peoples cash disappearing.

LIVERPOOL FC PREMIER LEAGUE CHAMPIONS EUROPEAN CHAMPIONS AND WORLD CLUB CUP CHAMPIONS 2019-2020

DO YOU THINK THAT WE WILL ONE DAY BECOME A CASHLESS SOCIETY? 3 weeks 3 days ago #3618306

• Pats
  • Admin
  • Admin
  • Well said received: 6247
  • Honor Medal 2010
I hope not.

I use both cash and card.

Happy to help.

DO YOU THINK THAT WE WILL ONE DAY BECOME A CASHLESS SOCIETY? 3 weeks 3 days ago #3618314

• Steffiegirl
  • Expert Buzzer
  • Expert Buzzer
  • Well said received: 120
  • Honor Medal 2010
Vegemite - yep, like boarding passes.......I can't be doing with that myself - I like paper copies in case my battery runs out or some other accident happens...

DO YOU THINK THAT WE WILL ONE DAY BECOME A CASHLESS SOCIETY? 3 weeks 3 days ago #3618349

• Mickymal
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Well said received: 45
  • Honor Medal 2010
This virus has driven me cashless. Shops don't like handling my dirty money in case it's infected. Iwave my debit card at the machine, goods are paid for, receipt pops out the machine and I pick it up .No touching no infection.
Not keen on loading a phone with money. Easily lost or stolen. I know phones are secure but it worries me.
The following user(s) said Well Said: habibi, patcaf

YES WE CAN!

DO YOU THINK THAT WE WILL ONE DAY BECOME A CASHLESS SOCIETY? 3 weeks 3 days ago #3618356

• frazzled2
  • New Buzzer
  • New Buzzer
  • Well said received: 30
  • Honor Medal 2010
i am pretty much cashless now except for handy man for home repairs as someone said.
Small businesses don't generally have the apparatus for credit cards

DO YOU THINK THAT WE WILL ONE DAY BECOME A CASHLESS SOCIETY? 3 weeks 3 days ago #3618364

• Serena77
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 10960
  • Honor Medal 2010
This was predicted and planned, a cashless society. It will happen
and no, I am not happy about it.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Bruce

"money buys everything,
but ............common sense."

DO YOU THINK THAT WE WILL ONE DAY BECOME A CASHLESS SOCIETY? 3 weeks 3 days ago #3618404

• patcaf
  • Senior Buzzer
  • Senior Buzzer
  • Well said received: 75
  • Honor Medal 2010
Most banks here in ireland impose a small charge each time you use a card unless you keep a certain amount in your account. Penalises the poorest in society.
The following user(s) said Well Said: habibi

DO YOU THINK THAT WE WILL ONE DAY BECOME A CASHLESS SOCIETY? 3 weeks 3 days ago #3618405

• patcaf
  • Senior Buzzer
  • Senior Buzzer
  • Honor Medal 2010
In fact developing third world countriies are among the biggest users of cashless transactions. They have jumped a complete generation in electronic banking and are pushing towards a cashless society faster than us.

DO YOU THINK THAT WE WILL ONE DAY BECOME A CASHLESS SOCIETY? 3 weeks 3 days ago #3618407

• patcaf
  • Senior Buzzer
  • Senior Buzzer
  • Honor Medal 2010
I carry some cash but use my card most of the time. My children very rarely use cash and grandchildren pay for everything with their phones. They transfer money peer to peer to pay for coffees, ice cream etc. My granddaughter phoned her mother the other day. Needed money for coffee. Money transferred peer to peer with Revolut. Bought coffee with her phone two minutes later. Cashless society will come very quickly. For those under 30 it is already here.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Hoot N Annie

Moderators: mikePatssmilesrus10Pascalou
Time to create page: 0.108 seconds