Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Less serious topics and relaxing chat

TOPIC: A Hairy Situation

A Hairy Situation 1 month 3 days ago #3582445

  • sciguy18
  • sciguy18's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Posts: 737
  • Well said received: 952
  • Points: 3142
  • Honor Medal 2010
With the pandemic and social distancing of the last 10 months or so, many routine activities have had to be postponed.

One of these for me is going to the barber. The last time my hair was cut was in June - done by myself with barber clippers. I am starting to bear an uncanny resemblance to the brilliant, but famously unkempt, Albert Einstein.



How have you all been dealing with your hair during this time?

Are barbers and hairdressers open where you live? Do you have a friend or family member tend to your hair? Do you do it yourself? Are you just waiting it out like me?
The following user(s) said Well Said: Rumbling Brook

Please Log in to join the conversation.

A Hairy Situation 1 month 3 days ago #3582450

  • Rumbling Brook
  • Rumbling Brook's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Posts: 247
  • Well said received: 259
  • Points: 450329
  • Honor Medal 2010
I'm waiting it out like you sciguy. Yes they are open here. My hair is now down to my waist, & I tie it back in a ponytail. I'm hoping to dare to make a trip to the salon in April. I've had my 1st COVID Vaccine & waiting to get my 2nd dose. Hopefully a lot will have their Vaccines by April

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Rumbling Brook.

A Hairy Situation 1 month 2 days ago #3582461

  • oldal
  • oldal's Avatar
  • Away
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Posts: 1225
  • Well said received: 2228
  • Points: 133516
  • Honor Medal 2010

sciguy18 wrote: With the pandemic and social distancing of the last 10 months or so, many routine activities have had to be postponed.

One of these for me is going to the barber. The last time my hair was cut was in June - done by myself with barber clippers. I am starting to bear an uncanny resemblance to the brilliant, but famously unkempt, Albert Einstein.



How have you all been dealing with your hair during this time?

Are barbers and hairdressers open where you live? Do you have a friend or family member tend to your hair? Do you do it yourself? Are you just waiting it out like me?


How I'm dealing with it: --- Let grow! Let it grow! Let grow!
Everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, it's not the end

Please Log in to join the conversation.

A Hairy Situation 1 month 2 days ago #3582488

  • Elspeth
  • Elspeth's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Posts: 763
  • Well said received: 1256
  • Points: 76896
  • Honor Medal 2010
I normally get my hair trimmed every 4 to 6 weeks when I knew we were going into lockdown in late December my hairdresser gave me a trim even though it was only 3 weeks since he'd previously done it.

I've been buying my own hair dye and doing it myself. Just did it today to cover up the silver hairs starting to sprout at my temples. I'll get him to do it once we're allowed, whenever that'll be.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

A Hairy Situation 1 month 2 days ago #3582515

  • sciguy18
  • sciguy18's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Posts: 737
  • Well said received: 952
  • Points: 3142
  • Honor Medal 2010

Rumbling Brook wrote: I'm waiting it out like you sciguy. Yes they are open here. My hair is now down to my waist, & I tie it back in a ponytail. I'm hoping to dare to make a trip to the salon in April. I've had my 1st COVID Vaccine & waiting to get my 2nd dose. Hopefully a lot will have their Vaccines by April


Good that you got your vaccination. Maybe things will ease up soon.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Rumbling Brook

Please Log in to join the conversation.

A Hairy Situation 1 month 2 days ago #3582519

  • sciguy18
  • sciguy18's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Posts: 737
  • Well said received: 952
  • Points: 3142
  • Honor Medal 2010

Elspeth wrote: I normally get my hair trimmed every 4 to 6 weeks when I knew we were going into lockdown in late December my hairdresser gave me a trim even though it was only 3 weeks since he'd previously done it.

I've been buying my own hair dye and doing it myself. Just did it today to cover up the silver hairs starting to sprout at my temples. I'll get him to do it once we're allowed, whenever that'll be.


Yes, I guess a lot of women also color their hair in addition to getting it cut. At least you can do that at home.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Elspeth

Please Log in to join the conversation.

A Hairy Situation 1 month 2 days ago #3582522

  • sciguy18
  • sciguy18's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Posts: 737
  • Well said received: 952
  • Points: 3142
  • Honor Medal 2010

oldal wrote:

sciguy18 wrote: With the pandemic and social distancing of the last 10 months or so, many routine activities have had to be postponed.

One of these for me is going to the barber. The last time my hair was cut was in June - done by myself with barber clippers. I am starting to bear an uncanny resemblance to the brilliant, but famously unkempt, Albert Einstein.



How have you all been dealing with your hair during this time?

Are barbers and hairdressers open where you live? Do you have a friend or family member tend to your hair? Do you do it yourself? Are you just waiting it out like me?


How I'm dealing with it: --- Let grow! Let it grow! Let grow!


I can relate - although I think it makes me look rather...eccentric.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

A Hairy Situation 1 month 2 days ago #3582542

  • Eira
  • Eira's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
  • Posts: 2802
  • Well said received: 4453
  • Points: 199994
  • Honor Medal 2010
I have not had my hair cut for over a year - I had forgotten how wavy it goes when it gets long.
I usually wear it in a “messy up-do” nowadays, to disguise the fact that it needs a good cut!

My lovely fella has been cutting his own hair with one of those barber’s type razors, which he sets to a shaved length of what my son used to call a “Number Two.” He produces the same result as his barber used to, so he is thinking of saving money by continuing his DIY haircuts from now on! - he has offered to cut my hair but I always decline his kind offer! :dry:
Step by step, one goes a long way.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

A Hairy Situation 1 month 2 days ago #3582545

  • Pats
  • Pats's Avatar
  • Online
  • Admin
  • Admin
  • Posts: 10866
  • Well said received: 5662
  • Points: 996632
  • Honor Medal 2010
I have been cutting my hubby’s hair for many years , he has a ‘number 2.’
I have short hair and have only had two trims by my hairdresser this year, whereas normally I have a tidy-up approx every 5 weeks,.

I can manage to trim the sides and front myself, but now my hubby does the back for me using a number 8.smile.png
Happy to help.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

A Hairy Situation 1 month 2 days ago #3582547

  • sciguy18
  • sciguy18's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Posts: 737
  • Well said received: 952
  • Points: 3142
  • Honor Medal 2010

Eira wrote: I have not had my hair cut for over a year - I had forgotten how wavy it goes when it gets long.
I usually wear it in a “messy up-do” nowadays, to disguise the fact that it needs a good cut!

My lovely fella has been cutting his own hair with one of those barber’s type razors, which he sets to a shaved length of what my son used to call a “Number Two.” He produces the same result as his barber used to, so he is thinking of saving money by continuing his DIY haircuts from now on! - he has offered to cut my hair but I always decline his kind offer! :dry:


Oh come now Eira, don’t you think you would look fab with a number two hairdo?
The following user(s) said Well Said: Eira

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: mikePatssmilesrus10Pascalou
Time to create page: 0.213 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum

Over 50 forums just for seniors Join Free here!

Buzz50 is one of the few sites where the forums are strictly restricted to those who are over 50 only.

Our senior forums are run by over 50s purely for over 50s to enjoy. If you like serious or even light hearted discussions then this is the place for you.