Less serious topics and relaxing chat

TOPIC: How do you sleep?

How do you sleep? 8 months 3 weeks ago #3507786

• Richie148
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Well said received: 336
  • Honor Medal 2010

SP12 wrote: In a word - badly! I have suffered with insomnia for almost 30 years. It takes me a long time to get off to sleep and then I wake up several times during the night. A good night will be 4 or 5 hours sleep, a bad night will be literally no sleep at all. I have tried everything, sleeping pills, herbal remedies, hypnosis, various forms of therapy - nothing works.

SP12 I feel for you as I know full well what you have gone thru. Nothing works. Not even therapy to reduce stress which is the main non medical cause of insomia? I too have had those nites when I finally fall alseep from sheer exhaustion when the sun peeps thru my window. That was before I started using any form of meds. I figured it was due to my snorning.
May I ask you two questions SP. Are you a big person with a large neck. Have you consulted a sleep doctor?
The following user(s) said Well Said: AngelButterfly

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Richie148.

How do you sleep? 8 months 3 weeks ago #3507887

• SP12
  • Junior Buzzer
  • Junior Buzzer
  • Well said received: 52
  • Honor Medal 2010

Richie148 wrote:

SP12 wrote: In a word - badly! I have suffered with insomnia for almost 30 years. It takes me a long time to get off to sleep and then I wake up several times during the night. A good night will be 4 or 5 hours sleep, a bad night will be literally no sleep at all. I have tried everything, sleeping pills, herbal remedies, hypnosis, various forms of therapy - nothing works.

SP12 I feel for you as I know full well what you have gone thru. Nothing works. Not even therapy to reduce stress which is the main non medical cause of insomia? I too have had those nites when I finally fall alseep from sheer exhaustion when the sun peeps thru my window. That was before I started using any form of meds. I figured it was due to my snorning.
May I ask you two questions SP. Are you a big person with a large neck. Have you consulted a sleep doctor?

In answer to your questions - no I am not "a big person with a large neck". I asked my GP to refer me to a sleep clinic but, apparently, insomnia is not something they deal with (!).
The following user(s) said Well Said: AngelButterfly, Richie148

How do you sleep? 8 months 3 weeks ago #3507917

• Sandgrounder
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 2825
  • Honor Medal 2010
Lets just say if last night is anything to go by, not very well. I may be up and about, but I feel like manure at the moment.

How do you sleep? 8 months 3 weeks ago #3508128

• jennilin
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Well said received: 388
  • Honor Medal 2010
Probably the heat ... one cotton sheet and no jimjams could do it x :) A fan helps.

How do you sleep? 8 months 3 weeks ago #3508132

• Dennis 2
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1093
  • Honor Medal 2010
very sound living where I do very rural and with my dogs not much sounds are ignored plus at bed time I am usually very tired out and up very early several days to fish 0230 or close to it to drive to Oklahoma to Texoma to be at breakfast at 0500 with crew or friends. I Like a cool room with ceiling fan on. We have many coyotes especially at calving time and the dogs hear them and bark.

Schöne Dinge passieren in Ihrem Leben, wenn Sie sich distanzieren und negative Dinge und Menschen entfernen.
Last edit: by Dennis 2.

How do you sleep? 8 months 3 weeks ago #3508136

• Topsy
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 825
  • Honor Medal 2010

Dennis 2 wrote: very sound living where I do very rural and with my dogs not much sounds are ignored plus at bed time I am usually very tired out and up very early several days to fish 0230 or close to it to drive to Oklahoma to Texoma to be at breakfast at 0500 with crew or friends. I Like a cool room with ceiling fan on. We have many coyotes especially at calving time and the dogs hear them and bark.

Your dogs are a blessing to you Dennis .
smile

Never let anyone ever dull your sparkle

How do you sleep? 8 months 3 weeks ago #3508139

• Dennis 2
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1093
  • Honor Medal 2010
Thanks, between dogs and my neighbor friend I am blessed there they all keep me on track every day here. I feel that I have very good friends that I know I can depend on and have given the same back. I just finished a plumbing job and as I was starting dogs have a special bark for my neighbor coming over in her chair to see if she could be of any help to me, asked no just was coming to offer help and did so.

Schöne Dinge passieren in Ihrem Leben, wenn Sie sich distanzieren und negative Dinge und Menschen entfernen.

How do you sleep? 8 months 3 weeks ago #3508332

• Sandgrounder
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 2825
  • Honor Medal 2010
Another hot night last night so slept on top of the bed and had a better sleep for a change .
The following user(s) said Well Said: AngelButterfly, Bruce

How do you sleep? 8 months 3 weeks ago #3508556

• jennilin
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Well said received: 388
  • Honor Medal 2010
Good , now try adding a fan x

How do you sleep? 8 months 3 weeks ago #3508617

• Bruce
  • Bruce's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1683
  • Honor Medal 2010

jennilin wrote: Good , now try adding a fan x

I find sleeping in bed with the wife when it is a very hot night uncomfortable so I leave her in bed I sleep on the couch with the big floor fan blowing on me all night. I sleep like a baby and wake up nice and cool and the couch is I would say more comfortable than our bed. Imo.

LIVERPOOL FC PREMIER LEAGUE CHAMPIONS EUROPEAN CHAMPIONS AND WORLD CLUB CUP CHAMPIONS 2019-2020
Moderators: mikePatssmilesrus10Pascalou
Time to create page: 0.096 seconds