TOPIC: Funeral Wishes

Funeral Wishes 1 week 2 days ago #3323331

• himerus
  • himerus's Avatar Topic Author
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 2718
  • Honor Medal 2010
A local funeral firm has sent me a questionaire suggesting I record in advance my wishes for my funeral. I felt like writing and saying "Don't screw the lid down, I may wish to join in the hymns".
The following user(s) said Well Said: Dan Dare, habibi, Keeper, oldal

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Funeral Wishes 1 week 2 days ago #3323362

• Graham
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 581
  • Honor Medal 2010
Just to make things interesting, before my cremation, I want my body stuffed with corn kernels.

:woohoo: :woohoo:
The following user(s) said Well Said: PopsnTuff, Keeper, oldal

Funeral Wishes 1 week 2 days ago #3323366

• Sharkey
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 10553
  • Honor Medal 2010
My Request is i want everyone to dance on my grave because i am getting buried at sea. smile.png
The following user(s) said Well Said: Keeper

Last edit: by Sharkey.

Funeral Wishes 1 week 2 days ago #3323375

• Aviara
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 4161
  • Honor Medal 2010
My sister told me of a friend of hers that organized and set up his own funeral ....and attended it !

His disease was incapacitating him very quickly, so he decided to do it all his way and make sure it all went smoothly .... it must have been a rather ‘strange’ event for some people...not sure I’ve ever heard of one being done this way before ....but it was a celebration of his life and he enjoyed every minute of it ! :)

Funeral Wishes 1 week 2 days ago #3323401

• JUJO
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 2859
  • Honor Medal 2010
Both my husband and I know exactly what each other wants,and everything is financially covered.

No home is complete without the pitter patter of kitty feet.

Funeral Wishes 1 week 2 days ago #3323410

• macywack
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 2317
  • Honor Medal 2010
we have no plans, who needs them, dead is dead, whatever needs to happen will happen
The following user(s) said Well Said: Tachyon

Funeral Wishes 1 week 2 days ago #3323449

• Dan Dare
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 2157
  • Honor Medal 2010
In my will, my youngest daughter is executor with latitude...,
One option for my burial is a cheap cremation, ashes scattered when convenient at a spot I chose, and then a wake of course. Or a simple local burial and then a wake again of course.

I still tend my old mum's grave and she died in 1982 in only her late sixties. I phoned the authorities about the length of internment of deceased people thinking/reading it was only 25 years. I was assured that they were lax about that where my mum was buried, in a semi rural area (in those days), but policies and bureaucrats change and cities spread and get more populous.
A second option is to bury me in the same graveyard as my parents. Dad's buried there too only 6 years ago and I reinked the lettering on his headstone just this year. That graveyard is filling up quick too so maybe I should pre buy a plot or be buried with my old Mum and refresh the tenure on that grave site. Just thoughts as I really know I'll live forever. As if.
Some cultures worship/honour their ancestors. Westeners generally do too in some ways like me and a few religious holy days for the dead. I forget the names. All Saints Day or Day of the Dead?
I visit my parent's graves at least once a year. More if work is needed. What makes me so sad is seeing unattended graves of young children. Sure there may be reasons but it still makes me sad.

Being dead l won't care about me anymore, I don't think.
My writings of my life's journey having been writ, done and dusted, I will be able to rest from the travails of life. I will be no more, or maybe not?
I may even come back as a politician. That's scary.

However, I do Wish the best care for my dog Denny and then the proceeds of my estate split evenly between my Children. That's all. And a very drunken Wake of course.

As for pre paid funerals...and the costs of all the palather. Another story!
Also, some headstones I've seen are big monoliths of fancy black marble and gold lettering with lovely pictures with locked glass panels....That's overkill imho, no pun intended.

One of my eco warrior mates told me about these tough cardboard coffins that are cheap and eco friendly. That's another thought.

Funeral Wishes 1 week 2 days ago #3323541

• Savvy
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1381
  • Honor Medal 2010
Cremation with ashes fertilizing my favorite Live Oak tree. I don't believe in the dead taking up space that could be used by the living. The whole family is on board with the plan. Total cost under $2,000.00. I may even get a better deal, my DIL is in school for the funeral business, she has been interning in embalming and funeral management. With the baby boomers beginning to check out, it is going to be a good career.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Dan Dare

Save America, dump Trump.

Funeral Wishes 1 week 1 day ago #3323676

• Sandgrounder
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1247
  • Honor Medal 2010
My family know my plans, so I have nothing to worry about. If there is a problem on the day, I wont be in a position to do anything about it. :laugh:

Funeral Wishes 1 week 1 day ago #3323736

• cheops23456
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Well said received: 137
  • Honor Medal 2010
I have my funeral planned out including the music and a cardboard coffin or you get burned in a shroud they do not burn ordinary coffins any more because of the environmental impact on the air quality. I shall leave something for someone in a less fortunate part of the world, a rather classy pacemaker and de-fib. They don't burn those either, they are deep cleaned and sent onto the third world. My book and my art will carry on so I don't mind.

I came, I saw and I conked out!
Last edit: by cheops23456.
  • Page:
Moderators: mikePatssmilesrus10pascalou
Time to create page: 0.294 seconds