Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Less serious topics and relaxing chat
  • Page:

TOPIC: What's the daftest thing you have done?

What's the daftest thing you have done? 5 days 11 hours ago #3021568

• Ivorbigwedge
  • Ivorbigwedge's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1113
  • Honor Medal 2010
Mine was a few years ago when we had two dogs.

Every night I would take them in my car to the local fields for a run round. Another man seemed to have a similar routine with his dog and we would pass the time of day.

One day we arrived at the fields at the same time and I lifted the back door of my car whilst shouting " Come on you two"

I noticed his quizzical look and glanced into my hatchback...………..

I'd forgotten the dogs :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy:
The following user(s) said Well Said: habibi, Eira, Keeper, Purple Sandy, Rain, Mary Mary, selftapper, debraj, Petal

Please Log in to join the conversation.

A perfect martini should be made by filling a glass with gin, then waving it in the general direction of Italy.

Never argue with an idiot......they will drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

What's the daftest thing you have done? 5 days 10 hours ago #3021576

• photogeek
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 5134
  • Honor Medal 2010

Ivorbigwedge wrote: Mine was a few years ago when we had two dogs.

Every night I would take them in my car to the local fields for a run round. Another man seemed to have a similar routine with his dog and we would pass the time of day.

One day we arrived at the fields at the same time and I lifted the back door of my car whilst shouting " Come on you two"

Cue the music...."Who let the dogs out?" :laugh:
The following user(s) said Well Said: Topsy, Keeper, Purple Sandy, selftapper, debraj, mayo2u

What's the daftest thing you have done? 5 days 10 hours ago #3021578

• debraj
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 359
  • Honor Medal 2010

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

"... if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved; for with the heart a person believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses, resulting in salvation"
Romans 10:9-10

What's the daftest thing you have done? 5 days 10 hours ago #3021579

• pascalou
  • Well said received: 11630
  • Honor Medal 2010

:laugh: :laugh:

Smile to life and life will smile back at you.

What's the daftest thing you have done? 5 days 10 hours ago #3021580

• angelwings
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 398
  • Honor Medal 2010
I have done so many crazy things since I entered this world, there are too many to mention.

What's the daftest thing you have done? 5 days 10 hours ago #3021592

• Miesque
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 340
  • Honor Medal 2010
My first marriage
The following user(s) said Well Said: Purple Sandy, Pudding

Miesque

What's the daftest thing you have done? 5 days 10 hours ago #3021601

• Rain
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Well said received: 621
  • Honor Medal 2010
This is a very embarrassing story but it’s quite funny as well. It happened when I was about 28 so it’s half a lifetime ago now. I went to the village pub one hot summer’s evening and had far too many pints of Carlsberg.

I got a lift home and had to ask the driver to stop after a mile, which was the halfway point of the journey. I really needed a wee. I was right out in the middle of nowhere so I just walked away from the lane about ten yards into the undergrowth, behind the proverbial bush. I had just started to ‘go’ when my eyes began to focus in the dark and I saw a single thick strand of wire about 3 inches in front of my face. An electric fence!

I was so scared of being zapped by the fence that I threw myself backwards. (You know how all movements tend to be a bit dramatic and exaggerated when you’ve had a few!) The next thing I knew I was falling through space and with a huge splash I entered some water. My whole head went under. It was very deep and an incredible shock.

My head popped up and I began to try to claw my way out. I knew I had fallen into a deep rain-filled drainage ditch. The sides were made of clay with the odd patch of wiry grass growing out of it. The only way I could get out was to dig my fingers into the sides.

I emerged, absolutely dripping and got back into the car. The driver immediately set off, in a hurry, without looking at me.

When we stopped outside my cottage I opened the door and the interior light came on. The driver shouted ‘My Gosh! What happened to you?’ I went inside mumbling about falling into a ditch and he drove off.

I had some kind of pondweed in my hair, my hands were orange coloured and covered in mud and my feet squelched in my boots. I was wearing a brand new vintage, brown leather, Top Gun style jacket. It was never the same again. My cigarettes and lighter were floating about in my side pocket. Worst of all, in my top inside pocket I had the company cheque book from work and the bank paying in book. I squinted at the stubs in each book and the ink had run and made everything illegible.

I decided honesty was the best policy. So the next day at work I apologised for the ruined cheque book and paying in book, explaining that I had fallen into a ditch. The whole office fell silent and I don’t think they thought about me the same way after that.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Keeper, Purple Sandy, Jane R, photogeek, Mary Mary, Petal

What's the daftest thing you have done? 5 days 8 hours ago #3021642

• Purple Sandy
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 6429
  • Honor Medal 2010
I too do many, and also can't remember lots of them. Today it was the lettuce and cucumber I threw in the bin instead of putting them in the fridge as I intended. Minor I know, but I do keep myself amused.
Maybe it was the year I drove to Luton airport with my youngest daughter for a holiday in Turkey. I was so thrilled that we found the airport, got there in time, and I had actually managed the driving after years of not being able to go on this type of holiday, and thinking I would never do it again. I got out of the car, got the suitcases out, and then couldn't find my handbag. We both searched the car, and finally had to conclude I hadn't brought it. Nor the tickets, passports and money! I really couldn't believe it as I am usually so organised, had been awake most of the night, dressed and ready early, with my bag on my body! But no, at some point, I must have taken it off, and put it down somewhere at home.
People were very kind telling me of times they did the same, but we went home in the car of my daughter's friend who had raced down the motorway having collected it for us, to arrive ten minutes after they closed the gate. We stopped and bought lots of wine for the evening. We tried again the next day.
I much prefer Rain and Ivorbigwedges stories!
The following user(s) said Well Said: Jane R, Rain, Mary Mary

What's the daftest thing you have done? 5 days 7 hours ago #3021679

• Miesque
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 340
  • Honor Medal 2010

Rain wrote: This is a very embarrassing story but it’s quite funny as well. It happened when I was about 28 so it’s half a lifetime ago now. I went to the village pub one hot summer’s evening and had far too many pints of Carlsberg.

I got a lift home and had to ask the driver to stop after a mile, which was the halfway point of the journey. I really needed a wee. I was right out in the middle of nowhere so I just walked away from the lane about ten yards into the undergrowth, behind the proverbial bush. I had just started to ‘go’ when my eyes began to focus in the dark and I saw a single thick strand of wire about 3 inches in front of my face. An electric fence!

I was so scared of being zapped by the fence that I threw myself backwards. (You know how all movements tend to be a bit dramatic and exaggerated when you’ve had a few!) The next thing I knew I was falling through space and with a huge splash I entered some water. My whole head went under. It was very deep and an incredible shock.

My head popped up and I began to try to claw my way out. I knew I had fallen into a deep rain-filled drainage ditch. The sides were made of clay with the odd patch of wiry grass growing out of it. The only way I could get out was to dig my fingers into the sides.

I emerged, absolutely dripping and got back into the car. The driver immediately set off, in a hurry, without looking at me.

When we stopped outside my cottage I opened the door and the interior light came on. The driver shouted ‘My Gosh! What happened to you?’ I went inside mumbling about falling into a ditch and he drove off.

I had some kind of pondweed in my hair, my hands were orange coloured and covered in mud and my feet squelched in my boots. I was wearing a brand new vintage, brown leather, Top Gun style jacket. It was never the same again. My cigarettes and lighter were floating about in my side pocket. Worst of all, in my top inside pocket I had the company cheque book from work and the bank paying in book. I squinted at the stubs in each book and the ink had run and made everything illegible.

I decided honesty was the best policy. So the next day at work I apologised for the ruined cheque book and paying in book, explaining that I had fallen into a ditch. The whole office fell silent and I don’t think they thought about me the same way after that.

Well, at least you have good taste in lager Rain. That gave me a very good laugh!
The following user(s) said Well Said: Purple Sandy, Jane R, Rain

Miesque

What's the daftest thing you have done? 5 days 7 hours ago #3021683

• selftapper
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Well said received: 160
  • Honor Medal 2010
Breaking thru that egg wall ......

the older I get the better I was
  • Page:
Moderators: MikePatssmilesrus10pascalou
Time to create page: 0.549 seconds

Over 50 forums just for seniors Join Free here!

Buzz50 is one of the few sites where the forums are strictly restricted to those who are over 50 only.

Our senior forums are run by over 50s purely for over 50s to enjoy. If you like serious or even light hearted discussions then this is the place for you.