• Page:

TOPIC: How long are you going to live?

How long are you going to live? 3 months 5 days ago #2986617

• Buzz Newsman
  • Buzz Newsman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Use our calculator to see where you are on the global life expectancy scale
Life expectancy is rising globally - people born in 2016 will on average live seven years longer than those born 25 years ago.
Enter your information below to find the life expectancy for people of your age, country and gender, as well as the proportion of your life you can on average expect to be healthy.
//news.files.bbci.co.uk/include/newsspec/11349-life-expectancy/assets/project-assets/img/humans.svg
Sorry, try again!
Please check your internet connection and tap 'show results' to try again!
//news.files.bbci.co.uk/include/newsspec/11349-life-expectancy/assets/project-assets/img/brokenbike.svg

Life expectancy

By comparison //news.files.bbci.co.uk/include/newsspec/11349-life-expectancy/assets/project-assets/img/bikes.svg

How much of your remaining life will be healthy?

Life expectancy: You vs the world
Where does my country fit in? Africa
Asia
Europe
N America
Oceania
S America

//news.files.bbci.co.uk/include/newsspec/11349-life-expectancy/assets/project-assets/img/marker-fill.svg
//news.files.bbci.co.uk/include/newsspec/11349-life-expectancy/assets/project-assets/img/wave-line.svg
//news.files.bbci.co.uk/include/newsspec/11349-life-expectancy/assets/project-assets/img/straight-line.svg
Enter another country to see how it ranks for life expectancy Search for countries
Select a random

//news.files.bbci.co.uk/include/newsspec/11349-life-expectancy/assets/project-assets/img/earth.svg
Source: Global Burden of Disease Study 2016, coordinated by the Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation
Life expectancy at birth, by country (years)[/b]
  • Africa
  • Asia
  • Europe
  • N America
  • Oceania
  • S America
The average global life expectancy from birth is 72 - that's 70 for men and 75 for women. However, this changes with age. For example, somebody aged 69 may expect to live another 17 years on average.

//news.files.bbci.co.uk/include/newsspec/11349-life-expectancy/assets/project-assets/img/brokenbike.svg//news.files.bbci.co.uk/include/newsspec/11349-life-expectancy/assets/project-assets/img/clouds.svg//news.files.bbci.co.uk/include/newsspec/11349-life-expectancy/assets/project-assets/img/bikes.svg//news.files.bbci.co.uk/include/newsspec/11349-life-expectancy/assets/project-assets/img/fruits.svg//news.files.bbci.co.uk/include/newsspec/11349-life-expectancy/assets/project-assets/img/silhouette-long-hair.svg//news.files.bbci.co.uk/include/newsspec/11349-life-expectancy/assets/project-assets/img/silhouette-short-hair.svg If you cannot view the life expectancy calculator, click to launch the interactive content .
Nine revealing facts about how long we live
How does the calculator work? The data behind the calculator is from the 2016 Global Burden of Disease Study .

Life expectancy is the number of years on average a person is expected to live based on their age, gender and country. The Global Burden of Disease calculates life expectancy by using a country's mortality rates across age groups.
Life expectancy may vary for people of different ages because it is calculated as the number of years a person is expected to live given they have already reached a certain age. For example, a girl born in 2016 in Mexico is expected to live to age 79, however the life expectancy of a 65-year-old woman in 2016 is 84. Her life expectancy is higher because she has already reached 65.
The values for life expectancy in the calculator are rounded to the nearest year after adding the age input to the remaining life expectancy for the relevant age group. In most cases age groups span five years, for example from ages 10 to 14.
'How much of your remaining life will be healthy' is calculated from the number of years a person can expect to live in good health, taking into account disability. This is displayed as a percentage of their remaining life expectancy.
Results assume that rates of death and disability remain constant over the remainder of a person's life, so do not account for any expected scientific advances and improvements in medical treatments.
Calculator produced by Tom Calver, Nassos Stylianou, Becky Dale, Nick Triggle, Ransome Mpini, Prina Shah, Joe Reed and Eleanor Keane.
With thanks to the Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation.

Original Source BBC Health News - Click Here to see the full article

Please Log in to join the conversation.

How long are you going to live? 3 months 5 days ago #2986628

• Hoot N Annie
  • Away
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 664
  • Honor Medal 2010
I used the tables from Social Security, and I'm scheduled to check out the last week of November, 2030.

How long are you going to live? 3 months 4 days ago #2987236

• Annette
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 3820
  • Honor Medal 2010
Who knows?

I guess that depends on the busdrivers...
The following user(s) said Well Said: Vienna

LEAVER DEA AS SLAEF !

How long are you going to live? 3 months 4 days ago #2987389

• macywack
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 2849
  • Honor Medal 2010
<<<<<<<<<<<<<this long>>>>>>>>>>>>
The following user(s) said Well Said: Annette, Davenorave

How long are you going to live? 3 months 3 days ago #2987550

• HairyHippo
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 831
I am going to live forever - once I pop my clogs time will cease for me.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Annette

Even Hippos need the occasional cuddle.

How long are you going to live? 3 months 2 days ago #2988248

• altshovel
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 2955
  • Honor Medal 2010
My dad died at 83, he had alzheimer's and louis body dementia. My Mom is 95 and sharp as a tack and still drives. So it's hard to guess. I exercise, walk, read, meditate, do physical activity so maybe I'll live longer than my dad.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Annette

“Someone has said that it requires less mental effort to condemn than to think.”

How long are you going to live? 3 months 2 days ago #2988451

• Davenorave
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1088
  • Honor Medal 2010
My Doc wouldn't give you any odds. (Probably sooner give you another friggin tablet). But my intention is to live until I stop breathing!. Trying to stretch that eventuality as far as I can.

How long are you going to live? 3 months 2 days ago #2988511

• JUJO
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 5735
  • Honor Medal 2010

Buzz Newsman wrote: Use our calculator to see where you are on the global life expectancy scale
Life expectancy is rising globally - people born in 2016 will on average live seven years longer than those born 25 years ago.
Enter your information below to find the life expectancy for people of your age, country and gender, as well as the proportion of your life you can on average expect to be healthy.
//news.files.bbci.co.uk/include/newsspec/11349-life-expectancy/assets/project-assets/img/humans.svg
Sorry, try again!
Please check your internet connection and tap 'show results' to try again!
//news.files.bbci.co.uk/include/newsspec/11349-life-expectancy/assets/project-assets/img/brokenbike.svg

Life expectancy

By comparison //news.files.bbci.co.uk/include/newsspec/11349-life-expectancy/assets/project-assets/img/bikes.svg

How much of your remaining life will be healthy?

Life expectancy: You vs the world
Where does my country fit in? Africa
Asia
Europe
N America
Oceania
S America

//news.files.bbci.co.uk/include/newsspec/11349-life-expectancy/assets/project-assets/img/marker-fill.svg
//news.files.bbci.co.uk/include/newsspec/11349-life-expectancy/assets/project-assets/img/wave-line.svg
//news.files.bbci.co.uk/include/newsspec/11349-life-expectancy/assets/project-assets/img/straight-line.svg
Enter another country to see how it ranks for life expectancy Search for countries
Select a random

//news.files.bbci.co.uk/include/newsspec/11349-life-expectancy/assets/project-assets/img/earth.svg
Source: Global Burden of Disease Study 2016, coordinated by the Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation
Life expectancy at birth, by country (years)[/b]

• Africa
  • Asia
  • Europe
  • N America
  • Oceania
  • S America
The average global life expectancy from birth is 72 - that's 70 for men and 75 for women. However, this changes with age. For example, somebody aged 69 may expect to live another 17 years on average.

//news.files.bbci.co.uk/include/newsspec/11349-life-expectancy/assets/project-assets/img/brokenbike.svg//news.files.bbci.co.uk/include/newsspec/11349-life-expectancy/assets/project-assets/img/clouds.svg//news.files.bbci.co.uk/include/newsspec/11349-life-expectancy/assets/project-assets/img/bikes.svg//news.files.bbci.co.uk/include/newsspec/11349-life-expectancy/assets/project-assets/img/fruits.svg//news.files.bbci.co.uk/include/newsspec/11349-life-expectancy/assets/project-assets/img/silhouette-long-hair.svg//news.files.bbci.co.uk/include/newsspec/11349-life-expectancy/assets/project-assets/img/silhouette-short-hair.svg If you cannot view the life expectancy calculator, click to launch the interactive content .
Nine revealing facts about how long we live
How does the calculator work? The data behind the calculator is from the 2016 Global Burden of Disease Study .

Life expectancy is the number of years on average a person is expected to live based on their age, gender and country. The Global Burden of Disease calculates life expectancy by using a country's mortality rates across age groups.
Life expectancy may vary for people of different ages because it is calculated as the number of years a person is expected to live given they have already reached a certain age. For example, a girl born in 2016 in Mexico is expected to live to age 79, however the life expectancy of a 65-year-old woman in 2016 is 84. Her life expectancy is higher because she has already reached 65.
The values for life expectancy in the calculator are rounded to the nearest year after adding the age input to the remaining life expectancy for the relevant age group. In most cases age groups span five years, for example from ages 10 to 14.
'How much of your remaining life will be healthy' is calculated from the number of years a person can expect to live in good health, taking into account disability. This is displayed as a percentage of their remaining life expectancy.
Results assume that rates of death and disability remain constant over the remainder of a person's life, so do not account for any expected scientific advances and improvements in medical treatments.
Calculator produced by Tom Calver, Nassos Stylianou, Becky Dale, Nick Triggle, Ransome Mpini, Prina Shah, Joe Reed and Eleanor Keane.
With thanks to the Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation.

Original Source BBC Health News - Click Here to see the full article

Unless medical experts have given a person an estimated time of how long they have to live,no one knows how long they have to live,Enjoy your life,

Do I believe in love at first sight?
Absolutely,
I fall in love with every cat I see.

How long are you going to live? 3 months 1 day ago #2988626

• JustMe
  • Junior Buzzer
  • Junior Buzzer
  • Well said received: 46
I hope I have a long life as long as I don't get dementia or cancer, I can't bear to think about my family having to watch me go into a confused state of decline or watch me suffer in pain. My dad is 85 next month, my mum passed at 81, my grandma lived until she was 91 but obviously that means nothing, we could just pop our clogs at any time, no one can predict, we are all different.

How long are you going to live? 3 months 10 hours ago #2990268

• himerus
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 2073
  • Honor Medal 2010
The Great Reaper is quite arbitrary about where and when he wields his scythe.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Vienna

• Page:
Moderators: MikePatssmilesrus10pascalou
Time to create page: 0.600 seconds

Over 50 forums just for seniors Join Free here!

Buzz50 is one of the few sites where the forums are strictly restricted to those who are over 50 only.

Our senior forums are run by over 50s purely for over 50s to enjoy. If you like serious or even light hearted discussions then this is the place for you.